Jump to content

Bones 4 is Coming Soon!


Reaper Ron
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, etherial said:

Chibi is Japanese for "little". There's a thing in anime where character are shown squashed down and baby-shaped (but possibly still super-dangerous) called chibi and it's a thing now. A quick google image search should give you a good idea.

 

Ah!

Wow ...

Ahem ... OK, well then ... put me down firmly in the "Please don't put any of those (or at least, not many) in this Kickstarter. Certainly not in the Core Set.

Edited by Marc
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Me too!!

 

This is gonna get expensive...

 

Naw. It was never "gonna". It was always at that expense level. Don't kid.

 

9 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

 

It's a spider! No wait it's a bug! No a mask! No a mousling rogue dual wielding daggers!

 

2 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:


Two Goblins fighting over a Halfling wedding dress!

 

No, it looks like...

 

3 minutes ago, Pochi said:

This is obviously two pikachus fighting over the liberty bell.

 

... uh, uh-oh. Someone has the same mental imagery as I do. @Pochi, what am I thinking about right now?!

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Marc said:

OK, I jgotta ask ...

What the @#&!%!! is a chibi???

I've literally never encountered that term in my life before today  ... 

In my post above, you can see a simple example of the current connotations of Chibi. There's the wizard, and in the second image, a small, cartoonish, exaggerated, possibly "cutesy" chibi version of the same character.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Marc said:

 

Ah!

Wow ...

Ahem ... OK, well then ... put me down firmly in the "Please don't put an of those (or at least, not many) in this Kickstarter. Certainly not in the Core Set.

 

+1.  NO Chibi minis in the core set, please.  I beg you . . .

 

The Egg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

The nutshell version is we will ship from our hubs, as long as such an option remains viable given the political situation in the UK/EU/Schengen Zones (and potentially elsewhere) and shipping prices will be calculated as originating from these hubs.

 

This is what worries me. I'm pretty hyped for Bones 4, but worried that if I spend a lot, by the time our esteemed UK leaders have finished shooting our feet off, I might end up on the hook for considerably more than I or Reaper had planned :(

 

That said, I'm particularly excited for dragons (undead or alive) and griffons, so hopefully they'll outweigh the doom that is Brexit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Marc said:

 

Ah!

Wow ...

Ahem ... OK, well then ... put me down firmly in the "Please don't put an of those (or at least, not many) in this Kickstarter. Certainly not in the Core Set.

 

1 minute ago, Egg of Coot said:

 

+1.  NO Chibi minis in the core set, please.  I beg you . . .

 

The Egg

 

We arrange our projects so that there are many different things to choose from, and no items are compulsory. Some projects require that you purchase X (often they make their core set/game mandatory) to be eligible to purchase Y, we don't do that. Any backer can choose any reward set (a set may be 1, 2, or even dozens of models) they wish, with no compulsory "pledge tax". I have used the metaphor of going to the grocery store, and being able to buy bread, or peanut butter, or both, or neither. We do that. You can get the Core, or an Option, or both, or more than one of each, or whatever. For bones 1, I gave up trying to explain the possible combinations, but with 18,000 backers there were 15,748 unique orders that consisted of combinations of rewards no other backer had selected in precisely the same combination. 

 

I encourage you if you do not like chibi style models to select rewards that do not have them as a part of that reward. We produced 23 chibi style models with Bones 3, and 3 of them were in the Core Set. The other 20 were available as optional rewards, and were very popular. There were also over 300 total models, so for every model of the chibi style, we offered 15 non-chibi models that you could choose from.

 

I promise you that if you hate chibi models, we will produce something you hate for Bones 4. And frankly, I'm quite happy about that. Because somebody else loves chibi models, and we make models for everyone. 

I cannot even remotely guarantee that you *will* like anything we offer. We like to think that there will be something in there you will like, and you will like that one thing enough to overlook that we offered up a buffet of models, which included dishes you don't like.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

Well, I may not be entirely right in the head, and it is possible I put waaaaaay too much thought into the personalities behind our miniatures.

 

I see nothing wrong with this.  A miniatures personality is part of how I determine it's color scheme.  I sometimes come of with little stories to explain what that guy is doing or why it is in that particular pose. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I eagerly await Bones V:  The DIYKS. 

 

This is the one you have all been waiting for. They will sit us all in a room (virtual of course due to so many not being local) and we will get to tell them how to do a KS the right way.

 

(doh...i forgot to put that in purple text!)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of chibi minis. I'd cheerfully go my entire life without ever noticing another one.

 

But.

 

My wife really likes to paint them.

 

So, if you would be so good as to send my wife a note saying that it's OK for me to spend too much money on the project because she will get chibi models? KTHXBYE

 

::P:

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

 

 

We arrange our projects so that there are many different things to choose from, and no items are compulsory. Some projects require that you purchase X (often they make their core set/game mandatory) to be eligible to purchase Y, we don't do that. Any backer can choose any reward set (a set may be 1, 2, or even dozens of models) they wish, with no compulsory "pledge tax". I have used the metaphor of going to the grocery store, and being able to buy bread, or peanut butter, or both, or neither. We do that. You can get the Core, or an Option, or both, or more than one of each, or whatever. For bones 1, I gave up trying to explain the possible combinations, but with 18,000 backers there were 15,748 unique orders that consisted of combinations of rewards no other backer had selected in precisely the same combination. 

 

I encourage you if you do not like chibi style models to select rewards that do not have them as a part of that reward. We produced 23 chibi style models with Bones 3, and 3 of them were in the Core Set. The other 20 were available as optional rewards, and were very popular. There were also over 300 total models, so for every model of the chibi style, we offered 15 non-chibi models that you could choose from.

 

I promise you that if you hate chibi models, we will produce something you hate for Bones 4. And frankly, I'm quite happy about that. Because somebody else loves chibi models, and we make models for everyone. 

I cannot even remotely guarantee that you *will* like anything we offer. We like to think that there will be something in there you will like, and you will like that one thing enough to overlook that we offered up a buffet of models, which included dishes you don't like.

 

Wait? There were three chibi's in the core set? Mr. and Mrs. bones and who else?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

I eagerly await Bones V:  The DIYKS. 

 

This is the one you have all been waiting for. They will sit us all in a room (virtual of course due to so many not being local) and we will get to tell them how to do a KS the right way.

 

(doh...i forgot to put that in purple text!)

Oh, believe me, for the last 5 years everyone has been telling me how extremely bad we are at deciding what models go into one of these projects. When there's 300 models in a project, and somebody doesn't like that we add in a set of 5 models they hate, they tell me all about it. 

 

Seriously, I would hate to be at the grocery store with these people. "Veggie tray! awesome! Wait. It has ... BLUE CHEESE? ABOMINATION WORST VEGGIE TRAY EVER! Oh, look, frozen pizza. WHAT? PINEAPPLE? NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN!" "um... did you notice the pizza next to it which doesn't have pineapple?" "NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I insist that, although it is beyond my budget to buy every item in the store, I must have the option of doing so, any offering I would not get if I could afford it offends me!" I can't image how terrible all-you-can-eat buffets must be for them, since now their budget doesn't limit them, only their tastes, and it is an unforgivable offense to offer them multiple choices, when one is something they dislike.

 

1 minute ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Wait? There were three chibi's in the core set? Mr. and Mrs. bones and who else?

The vulture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

Seriously, I would hate to be at the grocery store with these people. "Veggie tray! awesome! Wait. It has ... BLUE CHEESE? ABOMINATION WORST VEGGIE TRAY EVER! Oh, look, frozen pizza. WHAT? PINEAPPLE? NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN!" "um... did you notice the pizza next to it which doesn't have pineapple?" "NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I insist that, although it is beyond my budget to buy every item in the store, I must have the option of doing so, any offering I would not get if I could afford it offends me!"

 

You just described my wife.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...