Bones 4 is Coming Soon!

Reaper Ron

1 minute ago, Reaperbryan said:

Oh, believe me, for the last 5 years everyone has been telling me how extremely bad we are at deciding what models go into one of these projects. When there's 300 models in a project, and somebody doesn't like that we add in a set of 5 models they hate, they tell me all about it. 

Seriously, I would hate to be at the grocery store with these people. "Veggie tray! awesome! Wait. It has ... BLUE CHEESE? ABOMINATION WORST VEGGIE TRAY EVER! Oh, look, frozen pizza. WHAT? PINEAPPLE? NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN!" "um... did you notice the pizza next to it which doesn't have pineapple?" "NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I insist that, although it is beyond my budget to buy every item in the store, I must have the option of doing so, any offering I would not get if I could afford it offends me!"

The vulture.

Really? I'll have to look at him again, but he didn't seem chibi to me:) Speaking of the vulture, is buying mr. bones the only way to get copies of the vulture, or will he be sold separate? And honestly i'm not opposed to any miniature in the core set, they are all great sculpts and more miniatures to hone my skill. Granted, I may paint them up and sell em on ebay if I don't really like them, but im not opposed to them:) I may just pick and choose this KS though, as I have a ton of mini's now:) and I am low on funds haha.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Really? I'll have to look at him again, but he didn't seem chibi to me:) Speaking of the vulture, is buying mr. bones the only way to get copies of the vulture, or will he be sold separate? And honestly i'm not opposed to any miniature in the core set, they are all great sculpts and more miniatures to hone my skill. Granted, I may paint them up and sell em on ebay if I don't really like them, but im not opposed to them:) I may just pick and choose this KS though, as I have a ton of mini's now:) and I am low on funds haha.

I think when they come to retail Buzzy will be separate.

Since Almaran is already involved with the map, he may or may not be the one on the right with Mr. Bones, but it sure likes his flaming sword to me... just a bit smaller.  Of course, if these are the adventurers, then it makes sense he would be there:

77058_w_1.jpg.84d23f9f728ce2278a175f875beba6af.jpg

(And if someone already said this, my apologies... I skimmed more than I read thoroughly)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

Oh, believe me, for the last 5 years everyone has been telling me how extremely bad we are at deciding what models go into one of these projects. When there's 300 models in a project, and somebody doesn't like that we add in a set of 5 models they hate, they tell me all about it. 

Seriously, I would hate to be at the grocery store with these people. "Veggie tray! awesome! Wait. It has ... BLUE CHEESE? ABOMINATION WORST VEGGIE TRAY EVER! Oh, look, frozen pizza. WHAT? PINEAPPLE? NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN!" "um... did you notice the pizza next to it which doesn't have pineapple?" "NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I insist that, although it is beyond my budget to buy every item in the store, I must have the option of doing so, any offering I would not get if I could afford it offends me!" I can't image how terrible all-you-can-eat buffets must be for them, since now their budget doesn't limit them, only their tastes, and it is an unforgivable offense to offer them multiple choices, when one is something they dislike.

The vulture.

Wait, are you doing a mini of a pineapple for Bones IV? Will it be Kanjira sized? Can it be Kanjira sized?  :lol:

8 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Chibis!!

+1

plus Mouslings!!!!!

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 6

No... no... there was pineapple on the pizza... maybe a Kanjira sized pizza?

Dreadmere Pizza by the Slice!

Slice, Delivery Boy with raging Pizza in hand... and large pineapple?

Oh... kinda like Big Boy...

Edited by Grayfax
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Reaperbryan said:

Well, I may not be entirely right in the head, and it is possible I put waaaaaay too much thought into the personalities behind our miniatures.

I write backstories in my head for the minis I paint as I paint them. True fact.

I hope this KS there will be more weapon sprues. No such thing as too many spare weapons for converterating. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, OneBoot said:

After zooming waaaay in, I KNOW I've seen that axe before, in Bones, but I can't for the life of me remember what mini had it. I keep thinking it was a dwarf, but I could very well be wrong.

77074 Dain Deepaxe?

The candidates for the other three appear to be early Bones (SKU less than 77100) so I figure Dain's in the right range too.

• Like 1

I guess I just keep my expectations of Kickstarters low, that way I'm not usually disappointed. Why stress over toys? Life is full of actual stress. Some people must live lives full of unhappiness if toys cause such drama.

• Like 11

I for one am glad to see chibis.  They're perfect for playing with my kids.  I don't plan to get Baba Yaga's Hut or the Dragon Turtle, but it wouldn't occur to me to complain about them.

I didn't participate in the other kickstarters, but I've seen the graphics of what they offered.  There's so much in there, I can't fathom complaining about ____ being there, especially since the offerings are highly customizable.

• Like 7

I swear I could walk down the street handing out $50 bills and someone would complain they weren't $100.

I'm hoping for more transparent adventurers. Maybe some more spell effects too. Like webs or walls of iron. A transparent phase cat or blink dog would be nice.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:
17 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

And Sir Forscale is relegated to standing next to and being terrified of/eaten by large monsters. Again.

Standing adjacent to monsters is his dream job, be trained for years as a squire to the Knights of the Order of Weights of Measures and he takes pride in being our scale indicator and occasional comic relief. Yes, we will be employing Sir Forscale for another project, and we're very happy to be working with him again.

I fear I may have offended Sir Forscale in my ignorance. Surely he is a highly skilled knight in a field requiring education, nerves, and a strong sense of one's own size and weight. I humbly apologize and offer him this mug of coffee to stand next to. It is not itself a monster but it is hot and has been spiked with evil saturated fats.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:
3 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:
17 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

And Sir Forscale is relegated to standing next to and being terrified of/eaten by large monsters. Again.

Standing adjacent to monsters is his dream job, be trained for years as a squire to the Knights of the Order of Weights of Measures and he takes pride in being our scale indicator and occasional comic relief. Yes, we will be employing Sir Forscale for another project, and we're very happy to be working with him again.

I fear I may have offended Sir Forscale in my ignorance. Surely he is a highly skilled knight in a field requiring education, nerves, and a strong sense of one's own size and weight. I humbly apologize and offer him this mug of coffee to stand next to. It is not itself a monster but it is hot and has been spiked with evil saturated fats.

I'm not so sure he is super skilled in advanced training.  I think he was very good at striking a pose and getting back into that same pose day after day, week after week, year after year.  Kind of like the royal guards at Buckingham Palace.  

• Like 2