Jump to content
  • Optionally enter a message with your report.

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By EvilJames
      I don't do WIP's very often and I'm well into a couple of these guys. But I added a couple more as I started to base the first few so I figured I might as well. Maybe it will help me keep my focus. 
      We have the 3 bones ogres from a kickstarter or two ago, the bones black preview ogre, metal Kagunk 2, and the bones 4 ettin. I may decide to add metal ogre chieftain (aka kagunk 1) as well as he is half finied on the shelf anyway, and metal Norr'Okk, if I can ever figure out what to do about his head. 
      Also considering ordering the newer ogre chieftain, but we will see.
    • By Darcstaar
      Well, while I let Devona dry, I’ll switch gears to a mini off the shelf of waiting...
       
      I started Kagunk, Ofre Chieftain a year or two ago.  
       

       
      The plan is for an ice ogre, with blue-gray skin.
    • By Choppertown
      Hi all, my first post was answered by such warm and supportive folks I decided to have a crack at the ol' orc from Reaper mini training set #1. The left eye took me 6 tries (and twice that many curses.)  Really enjoying this new hobby, first time I tried was back in 1983 and it was a disaster.  Maybe patience does come with age.  :)
      #separatedbutnotseparate
       



    • By Rahz
      Another 3D print that I’m working on, this time a big one.  I’ve shoes away from buying/printing dragons for the most part as I have a ton of amazing Reaper ones still to paint (or finish... ) but this one was a freebie of sorts from one of the creators I follow on Patreon.  
       
      In keeping with my clear resin tricks, I whipped up the base really quickly and then stalled on how I was going to paint the actual dragon...  oops!  
       


       
      I masked off the crystals and plugged the holes for the feet and primed it with a mix of brown and grey Vallejo primers, drybrushed it with a tan followed by a tan mixed with white and then it got a series of Vallejo model washes (green, grey and dark brown).  I then peeled off the mask and gave the crystals a quick coat with Tamiya Clear Green.  
       
      For the actual dragon, the plan now is to paint the heavier scales like the base with the softer belly and flesh being brown.  
       

       

       

       

       
      Like my recent plague doctor bust, I masked his eyes so they will be the same green as the crystals on his base.  I toyed with putting a light in his head as well, but seems to be doing that to everything all of a sudden, and skipped it.  
       
      in case you’re wondering about the pink, that’s what mixing the Vallejo red and grey primers did. The base was that colour before the drybrush and washes. 
       
      Hoping to get some more work on the brown and get the drybrush done on his scales this weekend.  That’s going to be a lot of drybrushing!! 
       
      Thanks for looking.  
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...