Sign in to follow this  
Flaming Tiki

Reaper Bones 77223 Kristiana, Female Paladin

I decided that my (admittedly small) collection of figs was starting to need a feminine element. I grabbed this gal from my stash and started another project to help distract me from my other projects. I also chose her because I am trying to learn my NMM and she's got a fair amount of armor. So far I have only done a few Barbarian males, so I am trying hard to be considerably "softer" with her skin tones. Her face is the also the only skin on this fig so I am trying to give it a lot of attention as I know it will be where the eye goes first (no pun intended). 

Hmmm, this is a phone camera photo and the skin color is a bit washed out. Oh well, this will serve as a good enough "starting point" post.

595ef59a9003f_20170706_191919rsz.thumb.jpg.9c4a7d84ba4dc0630ea3458456d8ff17.jpg

Edited by Flaming Tiki
  • Like 17

Good beginning! I look forward to seeing how she turns out. And I thoroughly approve of doing faces early - it always serves as a guide for their personality to me :) 

• Like 3

Quick update, not much to see here really. Just pluggin away at the NMM. Haven't quite got it yet, -but getting it... some.596854dca56b2_P1090331rsz.jpg.ef652b70aa9f38851a72d650a8c3cf91.jpg

Edit: I think my phone may take better pics than my camera. Hmm, a bit disconcerting. Here's the phone pic;

20170713_225557(0).jpg.2c25aabac7cae9d0e06440aec4bb8aab.jpg

Edited by Flaming Tiki
  • Like 9

Cleaned her up a bit. Getting happier with her with every session. That's good for keeping up paint morale. Gotta go to work, but here's what transpired this morning:

1.thumb.jpg.cd388d6fe7ad89b848208b5912820671.jpg2.thumb.jpg.aa3330a094382c2cd0a7cd42a58d4c20.jpg

Thank's for stoppin in.

- Joe

• Like 9

Well, I'm close to done here. Mostly I'm fed up with her, LOL. I don't want to bash the fig, after all, I've only just begun so what do I know? The casting is just not making things very easy for a beginner such as me. I've seen her in metal (Pathfinder maybe?) and I have to say I've been jealous. This Bones version has horrible swords and a noseless flat face that makes her look feline.

I had some grand basing plans. That base will have to find another fig. However, I will take this one a little further, I don't want to get into the habit of leaving a project incomplete due to frustrations. I learned what I picked her up for so it's not time wasted (I keep telling myself). There are things I am pretty happy with, and I understand NMM more than I did. I still need to do more work on her blades, I really haven't given them proper attention, just threw on some paint here and there. I still need give her "headpiece" some attention as well, but I think I'll leave the front part as hair. It just doesn't show as a crown-like part as it does in other pics I've seen. 

P1090340.JPG.5c89e5f888cda75232669b73efd2f4cf.JPG

P1090341.JPG.49a82c5c3ac2101ed542ac124dc5a691.JPG

Thanks for lookin'.

-Joe

• Like 6

Update time! So for all my whining and complaining, she's starting to look semi-respectable. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Still haven't touched the blades in earnest yet, tonight perhaps. I think I may be able to call her done tonight( tomorrow am) if I work at it.  Still need to clean her up here and there. I've said that before, but wow! Last session cleaned up a lot. Thinking about dusting some "pigment"  (I have a nice set of chalk pastels) at the bottom of the fig.. Never done that before, any advice on affixing the stuff permanently? 

TIA for any advice, c&c, 

Joe

P1090374.JPG.7d3b459788a4c7167569e1dd81352fbe.JPGP1090375.JPG.1139cba57dfe27c0df70a5db2381c70c.JPGP1090376.JPG.49eba5e3a75ba8c99ed4bbcabb3bd267.JPG

Edited by Flaming Tiki
  • Like 5

Done with this gal! It pays to stick it out. In the end I am happy that she's not on the "shelf of shame" (as I've heard some call it). Not only that but, I'm pretty happy with her. The swords look a bit rough in the pics, IRL they appear a bit more smooth, just a bit I suppose.

Show off link: 

• Like 1