• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stonebred
      This is the Tiefling Sorcerer for a D&D campaign starting near me. I created a backstory as well if you have interest in reading it. I posted the backstory on the Works in Progress forum too as I was painting him. Anyways, I hope you like him (and the backstory!).

• By Stonebred
      Here is the Tiefling Sorcerer I just started working on for my next D&D campaign. My lovely wife is a writer and helped me with the backstory. Take a gander at the backstory and let me know what you think if you'd like... Otherwise, just take a look at the figure and follow along.  I've been going back and forth with whether or not I should cut his horns off to fit the backstory or not.

• By ManvsMini
      I painted these up about 6 months ago for my brother so he could surprise his players; he was running a small adventure for a group of people who hadn't played D&D before, and I wanted to help him get them to love the game. And nothing says "hey this game is awesome" more than when it has minis in it, and especially when those minis look like their character. They just finished their intro adventure this past weekend, so I thought I'd share.

Reaper Figs used:
      02926: Gungor, Half-Orc Monk
      77118: Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue
      77060: Dragonman Warrior
      77166: Balto Burrowell, Gnome Wizard

Apologies on the next pics, my brother took them and sent them to me via his phone, but didn't know much about the intricacies of photoing minis (I barely know more than he does):

The first two aren't anything super special; I had very little description to go off other than brown-hair halfling, and white dragonborn/black eyes. I did make the cloth purple on the dragonborn to make him match the hair on the upcoming tiefling since those players are a husband-wife duo in the real world.

The next figure I wish I could paint again, because I did some poor color choices with her shirt and skin; in the pics they look too similar, and they are. I'd redo the shirt, but not the green hotpants, because the player loved them.

This last one is my favorite, because I think he came out the best. He was the last one I painted, so a lot of the dust and cobwebs on my skill had been blown off. He's the only one that I was actually able to get a detailed character description of (steathily, because the minis were a surprise), so I didn't have to make up an entire scheme on my own (color scheme is the hardest part for me). Plus, the player said he had a mohawk, so I got to sculpt a faux-hawk on him.

Two regrets on him: the shadow color defining his muscles is too stark, wish I had gone with something a little lighter, and I'd redo his fauxhawk into a more spikey one.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with how they all turned out. They were the first ones I had done in several years, and the first ones I had done since my health problems snowballed; they were very much an "Am I able to still do this?" project. The fact that the players loved them, and wanted to keep them after they finished their adventure makes them all-the-more special to me (and they did get to keep them).

-MvM
    • By RandomExtra
      I started a D&D campaign for my son and some of his friends, and using it as an excuse to acquire and paint some new minis. Here is my son's Tiefling sorcerer (sorceress?)The plan: We don't really like the "combat bikini" on this one, so I am going to attempt to add, well something to it. It won't be great, probably wont even look good, but hey I'm only trying to get better, so please comment, critique, advise, instruct, and what not.
      Going with a light purple skin because its for a Tiefling character, and I think purple is an interesting color to paint. Turquoise colored garments as a complimentary color, and some yellow gold metal for some contrast.

And some color after the nip tuck. I went with blue for a base cause I'm guessing it will work better with the purple skin.
      We decided to chop the staff and try for a glass orb for the arcane focus. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Finally to end the night with some Green stuff. I started with a "sheet" of it for the Front and Back panels. I'm going to try to add some detail tomorrow after this dries.
      Overall I don't think the cloth is laying quite right, or the size is off. Either way I hope I can fix it in the next session.
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 126 Guests (See full list)