• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      These were made by me out of fimo air (I have recently strated making these whenever I have leftover clay from my other sculpts, which is always ). They are super quick and simple sculpts but I like them. They were actually painted by my sister and I think she did a lovely job. 

I apologize for the flash in advance, I just didn't menage to set the lighting right so their faces can be seen 

• By lazarp
      During the last few days I've sculpted these out of fimo air classic and then painted them. Really happy how they turned out :D

For the whole crafting process check this thread

• By CrazyK
      Finally finished the Gravewailers.  Bought two ages ago and then the Bones 3 Mythos ex-pack had one.  So I waited until I got the third one before painting.  Seems I started on them ages ago.  But things kept getting in the way to finish.   Including my cat who decided they were delicious to nibble and suck on. 

Rather then doing in pink and reds.  Decided I wanted to go for something a little more alien and starspawn like.   So tried to make them purple with the look of bluish light showing from within.   Trying to get that alien Lovecraftian feel of something beyond explanation.   LOL think I need some sleep.   Hopefully not about anything Lovecraftian :)

• By Pytt
      I happen to be an engineer, which is a more fancy word for "super-lazy". As such, I started thinking of shortcuts as soon as I started sculpting, and I've been gathering different stuff that could make for some interesting texture for bases, conversions and such things. I have now used these stuff as "stamps" on some fimo, and then painted it black and dry-brushed white on top, so I have these little references that show the texture more clearly. So, here they are! 

An interesting button. Might work as a screen behind a druid, or a floor tile of sorts. I didn't remove the button hole marks, but that could be fixed quite easily.

Rough, but thin, rope. Two marks, side by side, might look like tire tracks. A bunch of these marks together look more natural, sort of like wheat.

A big bead. Makes for an interesting effect, sort of reminds me of a bee hive.

Another button. This texture was very subtle, but when dry-brushing it I was amazed at the effect. It could be something made out of glass, like a window.

"Natural" cork. Looks like rough wood to me, but might be the side of a cliff or stone as well.

Fine-grained cork. Could be sand, dirt, or some other natural base.

Rough cork. As above, I think this would suit as some sort of stone-base, just a bit rougher.

The wrong end of my hobby knife. Very industrialized and pretty cool I think. This would probably fit well in a sci-fi environment, maybe as a steel floor.

The side of a matchbox. Almost the same effect as the bead, but more subtle and a bit more structured.

Maybe these pictures can inspire you, or you could give me some advice on what you think the texture might look like. Feel free to add your own pictures in this thread as well, I think it is pretty interesting since some things will look quite different when there inverted.
    • By Pytt
      I am of course in way over my head here, but I am trying my hand at sculpting now. I've looked at a bunch of guides and tutorials, and played around with GS and fimo. This project will hopefully result in a pseudodragon for one of the players in my group, or at the very least a nice learning experience.

Unfortunately, I didn't think of creating a thread until after I've started, so in these pictures I have already made a "skeleton" out of iron wire and added GS and fimo to it. Now I am waiting for the GS to harden a bit so I can start sculpting "for real".

• Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 359 Guests (See full list)