Star Trek VOYAGER

Super Jag

So... I've been getting more and more enthralled with the Star Trek Voyager series airing late nights. I hadn't watched it when it initially came out but now that I've started... I must admit that I'm hooked! This show just seems IMO to be way more interesting than any of the other Star Trek shows.

I'm seriously considering trying to find any DVD collection sets of the seasons if there are any available. Does anybody know? I haven't been shopping lately. Heck, I don't even know how many seasons there may have been.

If anyone knows anything please pitch in your comments.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will find all 7 seasons of Voyager on DVD box sets. They've all been released in one form or another and it shouldn't be too difficult to find all 7.

Amazon have them, as do playusa.com.

HOLY SMOKES!!! There were SEVEN seasons? Can't believe I missed that much of it. Boy was I clueless. I always said I didn't watch much television anymore but that makes it obvious how little I truly did.

What years did it run?

I guess I'll have to start one season at a time and slowly work my way through them all. From what I've seen this past couple months it should be well worth the expenditure of cash and time.

I watched for most of the first season, and ran out of interest when I realized that they weren't going to shoot anyone. They intended to talk their opponents to death.

Well, it certainly didn't end up that way. I actually enjoyed voyager quite a bit.

The series ending was beautiful, if somewhat cliched.

I liked the ending, although I'm more concerned for the time-line pollution. Excellent finale, almost beating DS9's and hands-down beating TNG's :o)

Jag, the final episode of Voyager aired some time last year, so you're only 6 years behind the curve :o)

Personally, I watched Voyager from the Beginning to the End, and wasn't entirely overwhelmed by the series. Entertaining, but nothing beyond that. Frankly (and I'm sure to see a lot of disagreement about this) I think TOS is the best ST tv series. Although the bad episodes were really bad, the good episodes were really GOOD. STNG and after were too polluted with treknobabble, which I found annoying (and the idea every problem can be solved with the application of technology; as we know in the real world this is not so). Guess I liked the idea of some fisticuffs when the badguys put down, rather than tachyon beams... ::P:

Damon.

Dang... I did a quicky search on eBay for voyager season sets and they seem rather pricey. Anybody know about what I should expect to pay for these sets? Are there different versions? Anything I need to know before my ignorance leads me to spend more than is necessary? Thanks.

IMO Star Trek Voyager was the most disappointing series of all. A ship that was shifted fifty to 70 years away with a skeleton mixed crew was a great idea. But poorly executed. There was never any sense of desperation in the fact there were limited supplies and repair parts even with replicators. They never seemed to worry or bring up issues about the ship breaking down let alone damage in combat. Even the Enterprise (all mods) had to go to space dock once in awhile. After the first season it should have been put out of its misery. Again just my opinion.

rm

Yah probably eBay is your best bet for getting it cheap. Other than that I guess it'd just be saving up a bit at a time and picking up the seasons as you go. I'm in the same boat with Babylon 5.

Now that I was helpful and supportive, let me say I'm glad that you enjoyed the series and I hope it gives you pleasure many years to come. As for me I have to say that Voyager absolutely blew. I will admit I've seen very little of the series, but what I saw of it was atrocious. I saw the pilot, and I immediately it was in trouble. Ok, they meet a scruffy nomad desert people who don't even have the technology to make WATER, yet they also are spacefaring with ships far more powerful than anything the Federation's seen. Yaaaaaaaaaaaah...

I think the final nail on the coffin for me was the episode in which Voyager in all honesty and in the literal sense, was in mortal danger of being destroyed by a hunk of bad cheese in the galley.

A few years back I worked at a Kinko's Copies in the same town where the author to all the "Nitpicker's Guide to Star Trek" books lived. He'd come into the shop and have a newsletter made. In one of his issues he pointed out something about Voyager. The way the next Generation shows set up their quadrants...Voyager left Quadrant A...A was a certain distance from Quadrant B and in a certain direction. By triangulating where the quadrants were and the distances involved. Poor Voyager and crew were hopelessly marooned about ten light years or so from EARTH.

Forgive me for bashing, but the opportunity presented itself. I'm sincerely glad you enjoy it, but it's not for me. I'm a fan of the orginal series, Babylon 5, and Firefly. The Next Generation (Including the newly mangled Enterprise series) stuff is....well, it's not Star Trek.

Forgive me for bashing

No bashing from what I can tell... :;): Naturally everyone has his/her favorites and dislikes and that's why there's a variety of shows out there. From what I keep hearing the first season kinda blew chunks. I've not seen the pilot let alone the first season shows (I don't think). But what I have seen I've really enjoyed, and yes there's been a few that make me say... well DUhhhh.

They never seemed to worry or bring up issues about the ship breaking down let alone damage in combat.

Really? Seems like 2 out of every 3 episodes I've watched show some level of distress for the ship and it's crew. And again, perhaps this reflects differences in seasons.

The biggy for me is I'd like to watch it from beginning to end of the journey. If it's on DVD and it looks like a particular show was badly written, then I'll skip to the next and get caught up that much quicker... ::D:

Naturally there's differences of opinion and we can always find something negative about anything. Personally I just happen to recently find a simple pleasure of watching this program, for various reasons. So, bring on the feedback, it's interesting talk...

just please don't spoil the first or last show for me since I've seen neither.

The Next Generation (Including the newly mangled Enterprise series) stuff is....well, it's not Star Trek.

What's SOOOOO dissappointing about Enterprise is (like ALL Trek franchises) there is SO much potential. That potential, however, is wasted on poor script-writing and overuse of SF/ST cliches (like time travel, to mention the latest episode).

Damon, B5 is the finest SF show EVER!

Voyager wasn't one of my fav's either. It just seemed to want to be old trek, while not being old trek. DS9 seemed more original, even if most would say it was a B5 clone.

Also, I got nothing against women in power, but Janeway never did it for me. Her acting never seemed to convey the power of Sisco or Pickard.

Ah well, I think Farscape is probably the best sci-fi one that I've seen. The mix of space age technology and organics was way cool.

Ok, they meet a scruffy nomad desert people who don't even have the technology to make WATER, yet they also are spacefaring with ships far more powerful than anything the Federation's seen.  Yaaaaaaaaaaaah...

Voyager is, basically, a light cruiser. The Kazon were using vessels large enough to be dreadnoughts...akin to the Galaxy class and Romulan D'Deridex Warbird

Arch - the ST nut.