Welcome the living classics! My new project - Mordheim mercenary ogre. Those miniatures from GW golden age are kind of awkward - they are have some real character in it, but the sculpting is really not the top. IMO it still best modern GW 3D-printed dummies, but, well, there are lot of flaws and mistakes, common for newbie sculptors (i walked this path too, so i know how it looks). Well, that where Tamiya putty comes forward and fixes this. As you can see, i used some Tamiya putty on a grounded and partially painted model. Yes, this is as cool as it is! I think some minor work on his face will be a good idea. You can track this project flow on my Patreon page. I will be grateful for your support.

IMG_1896.jpgIMG_1898.jpgIMG_1900.jpgIMG_1925.jpgIMG_1926.jpgIMG_1929.jpgIMG_1931.jpgIMG_1933.jpgIMG_1934.jpg

• Like 21

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1948.jpgIMG_1968.jpg

Well, this is NOT tomorrow. But... better late, then never, as they say. You can see more of WIP pics on my patreon page

Edited by Nakatan
  • Like 13

That is THE FINEST version of the Mordheim Ogre I have seen...as a Mod on Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum, I have seen quite a few takes on the Big Guy.

Your eye for colors & deft hand with the brush are MASTERFULOUTSTANDING WORK!

• Like 2

thank for this kind words. i waited for around 7-8 years for opportunity to put some paint on this chap.

• Like 2

Second week with that orge pal. Still, keep finding flws that have to be fixed with Tamiya, and this is really slows down me a lot. Thinking about making the wool texture more accurate. Looks like my first try with body hair was rather successful, regarding the scale... i think there are a week or two to finish. And now let's go to the pics. More pics can be found at my patreon.

Will be grateful for your patreon support.

IMG_1989.jpgIMG_1987cut.jpgIMG_1985.jpgIMG_1983.jpg

• Like 13

I am so glad you take close up photos so I can really get a look at things to try and figure out how you did it! Very talented!

• Like 1

On 28.07.2017 at 5:54 PM, Pochi said:

I am so glad you take close up photos so I can really get a look at things to try and figure out how you did it! Very talented!

actually, real closeups can be found on my FB page and in CMON wip forum, as reaper forums and patreon do not allows to post a full-sized pics

https://www.facebook.com/ivan.melnikov.nakatan

• Like 3

Amazing!

I will bookmark this thread so one day I can try that texture on cloth thing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Fresh from their latest Kickstarter, here are some Mercenaries from MOMMiniaturas.   They're really making me want to play Mordheim again.

The Ogres:

A Witch Hunter type:

A self-portrait that I had to get as an add-on:

A very obvious remake of one of Mordheim's first special characters, Johann the Knife:

The rest of the Empire-style mercenary scum:

• By Sharkbelly
      I am starting work on this guy.

• By joshuaslater
      Cool factions in this game!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1849625770/chronicles-of-the-wayfarer-heroes
    • By HolkDiggity
      I'm just about finished with my final piece for ReaperCon, and I needed a break. I needed to paint something fun and with no consequence. I've been eyeing this sculpt from across the room, and I just decided to go for it. Nothing super crazy, just some true metallics, which I haven't done much with in some time. Enjoy!

• By Rat13
      With my wife and I preparing to buy a house we've been clearing out a lot of our clutter to make packing and moving easier. We've also been working hard to bring in extra money too, and this project will hopefully do both.

Today my wife signed up for a craft fair to help sell the wreaths she's been making for the upcoming holidays. From what she's heard from friends and other crafters this particular craft fair is really eclectic and pulls in quite a diverse crowd. As she told me about it that's when the idea seemed to hit us both, why not try to clear out all that terrain junk I've been hoarding?

So instead of sitting down and painting or creating my latest joke piece I got started. First up was a couple of single tent encampments. I made one on a rounded base to better fit in a table of terrain and I made the second one squared to fit better on a grid system.

Both pieces have their good and bad points but like usual I learn by doing; no amount of research or prep work make up for actual experience. Which is the main reason I made these single tent camps. Hopefully I've learned enough to make any subsequent larger camps better.

Next up are a couple of joke pieces that were honestly going to get made anyway. That's right, they'll be 40k statues when I'm done with them, besides Buzz looks kinda like a space marine already. I had some glue left over so I also started making some sci-fi barrels and I know I'll be making a ton of those.

The last piece of the night is going to be a simple 40k watchtower. At the moment it's really just in its infancy. The main features are finished barring creating a door and applying some details to the piece. 

Now before anyone gets too excited, I'm not selling any of these pieces online or anything like that. These are literally pieces that are made to be sold for less than five bucks or so and are really only being made to clear out my hobby hoardings. 
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 240 Guests (See full list)