Sign in to follow this  
Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Carnevale 2.0 kickstarter by TT Combat

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2052977442/carnevale-the-miniature-game

Carnevale is a tactical narrative miniatures game set in 1790's Venice. Safe from the effects of the Rent in the Sky that tore Italy in half, Venice is now a hot-spot of magical activity. Strange creatures rise from the canals, the ruling class play violent games with lesser men, and the population of Venice try to survive. All vie for power in the street fights that take place in the dark of the night.

Carnevale is a game that focuses on movement and brutal combat. You're as likely to see two people battling in the streets as you are to see warriors jumping from rooftop to rooftop and drowning their opponents in the canals. Using the tight streets and watery dangers to your advantage will ensure victory, and if it doesn't, some well-timed magic spells might!

Carnevale is a narrative game that sees gamers play through various scenarios with their gangs of fighters. The games skirmishes allow for in depth storytelling, and we have made an effort to streamline rules in order to let the action take place on the tabletop, rather than spending too much time keeping track in the pages of a rulebook. The tactical flexibility opens up when building your gangs how you want, using many varied members to different effect.

f9d4acdd939f03d6f5cf80414149aeb1_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1500035904&auto=format&lossless=true&s=cd1199178fc273cb4907863a36618f5e 

This looks pretty interesting. I have one mini by this company and its pretty nice.

The game looks like fun. Lots of factions, a little bit of everything. I like the Strigoi faction. I will keep an eye on this. Another bad timing KS but the entry point is not very steep.

This is the mini I have. Its resin, the resin feels a lot like plastics with some give but not rubbery or brittle. I don't think this mini is part of the game though...

tt-combat-vampire-countess.jpg

Gah. I thought this game had gone the way of the Dodo so it's nice to see someone has picked t up. I have some of their metal miniatures from this range and they're seriously nice

Related imageImage result for carnevale strigoiImage result for carnevale strigoi

Not sure I'm going to be able to resist this

• Like 1

Crud! They resculpted Baba Yaga, the original was so cool!

They've got some good minis in there, but I'm not a fan of everything in bundles, there always seems to be at least a couple of minis I don't like in each batch.

6 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I thought this seemed familiar.

Glad to hear it wasn't just my figmentia jumping to the next level.

Surely there isn't a next level. You've reached the figmentia ceiling

• Like 1

Some of the details seem to have been sculpted too soft to me.. but I'm in for a couple minis.. because clean faced swashbuckler with a hand ripe for adding a wine glass or beer stein to

I see that they are now offering the minis singlely, so I'll have to have a good look through later, pick out a handful.

Hopefully this will go better for me than the last Carnevale kickstarter I backed.

Carnevale was originally by another company called Vesper On Games, that kickstarted it, released it and some time later went out of business (was it last year?)

TT Combat bought the game and assets and this is their relaunch of the game. I think they have redesigned most of if not all the minis.

I believe TT combat is owned by The Troll Trader, one of Britains largerst gaming webshops/ebayers, so they should have some financial backing to stay the course.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ced1106 said:

How did the last one go? Was it by the same people? TIA!

I think it was a success for most people (plus, as Maledrakh points out it's a totally different company now).

For me, I pledged for a single mini, got stung by high postage, and the mini turned out to be very poorly cast/sculpted.

I was unlucky...

• Like 1

Just about down to the final day

d9206eeb888e7c37337900969c06bcb9_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1501599425&auto=format&lossless=true&s=5ecb282f03535c26ddb9ee712ec6ccbd

65904e85d6bb7c8d72dbe0672c2ddc43_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1501727646&auto=format&lossless=true&s=8d9e3a041b6932827390ceecbc6d0b50

a35ccfff0fc9caff02f6076d8c3cb767_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1500653694&auto=format&lossless=true&s=bc0247dd68cbaedf84ea215cd7e06040

so the starter box (£60) is looking pretty good with 7 free minis (21 minis in total now), a resin gondola, extra card building (12 total now), spell & character cards, custom dice (I presume instead of the normal ones rather than in addition), acrylic templates and metal coins unlocked for it

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WhiteWulfe
      EDIT: It's live! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/oathsworn-burrows-and-badgers-anthro-miniatures-mouse-dog-cat

We love miniatures. We love tabletop games. We love anthropomorphic animals, from Disney's Robin Hood through The Wind in the Willows to Brian Jaques' Redwall books. So we combined the things we love in our Burrows & Badgers tabletop skirmish game and the accompanying range of miniatures. And our Kickstarter backers have already helped us to grow the range to over 100 miniatures - but now it's time to add some more!

Some miniatures from previous projects...

Why are we making more miniatures?
      Because we want more characters for our Burrows & Badgers games – my Freebeast warband needs reinforcements, for a start! 
      And we know a lot of other people are looking for more anthropomorphic animal miniatures too. A lot of people are playing Burrows & Badgers now, and many of them have asked for Massive Hounds and a Massive Raptor, so we've sculpted them! Some will want to use them for other tabletop or roleplaying games, while others love painting miniatures, and our figures are perfect for that, full of character ready to be brought to life with your paintbrush....
      And some people just love collecting miniatures; again, we've made this new set of Burrows & Badgers figures perfect for collectors. They are all single piece models, with integral bases, so there are no fiddly parts to be glued on.
      We love making miniatures; we hope you'll love our miniatures too.

Why we need your help...
      We've got 17 new miniatures sculpted, but they need to have moulds made before we can start producing the miniatures. And that's why we need funding; to get the production moulds made, and get the casting process started.

About the miniatures...
      There are other ranges of anthropomorphic animal miniatures out there, but ours are a little different. We didn't want all the races of animals to be the same size. Instead, we've scaled them to each other; so a shrew or a mouse is a very small model, about 20mm tall, and a really big animal like a badger will stand about 50mm tall, for example.
      Each sculpted figure shown below has a scale picture with it, showing its height in millimetres. All our models are supplied unpainted.

The Pledges
      We’re keeping it as simple as possible; there’s an ‘All-in’ pledge, which gets you all the new miniatures in this Kickstarter, and any bonus bits that may come along… there’s also a ‘Pick’n’Mix’ Pledge, if you just want to get a few of the new miniatures. For the Pick'n'Mix, just total up the prices of all the miniatures you want, and pledge for that amount. There's a minimum pledge of £10. There's only six of the sculpts shown so far, but expect more to be added regularly... I'll probably add two or three a day!

^Minimum of £10

Pledge Level: The Great £40

Pledge Level: The Small £64

Pledge Level: All In £99

Original post:

• By GlenP
      On top of the Sherman Jumbo, I have a new project. This is Frozen Ninja 3D's resin bust of a cloaked gal holding a small flaming dragon. I picked it up ReaperCon last fall.

There are four parts: a base, a robed torsos, a hooded head, and a pair of arms holding the dragon. Over the casting was good, but there were some issues with the resin sheaving (splitting off in layers) in the arms and the underside of the torso. These were sanded down, the given a layer of putty, then further sanded down. You can see the putty in the pics.

I also hollowed out the sleeves and a portion of the hood. These were filled in almost to the opening. I used a Dremel tool and ball cutters to hollow them out and tried to match the inside with the exterior folds.

One unique (to me) thing is the base; there is a two-leve' base with some symbols on it, and small stone house built on top of that. The roof structure is built into the torso's back. It sure beats the usual brass rod...

Pics are where I'm at so far.

Qs and Cs welcomed.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1273312680/war-is-coming-goblins?ref=ksr_email_user_new_friend_project

About
      The fuel driving us is to bring to life an entire new and unique range of fantasy (and sci-fi!) models, perfect for your wargames and roleplaying campaigns.
      Shieldwolf Miniatures is the largest Southeast European tabletop wargaming company, with proven expertise in the creation and distribution of fantasy & sci-fi miniature figures. Our products are made with the highest quality Hard Plastic (HIP) and resin to assemble and paint. The production of our kits take place in the E.U., under our complete control.
      This Kickstarter campaign seeks funds to release new and unique armies for our game, War is Coming. We commence with the Forest Goblins, after which we expand to the Drotts (Fantasy Common Goblins) and Drottchins (Science Fiction Goblins). Below you will find a complete description of the first plastic kit from the ones planned for this project, including locked stretch goals. These are representing items all included in the final product.
      Contains enough parts to fully assemble 25 hard-plastic Forest Goblins (Infantry) Overall view of the Pledge Levels and Rewards
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1615588135/the-dancing-girl-miniature-in-limited-edition?ref=discovery_category_newest

Content not posted due to nudity.. available 35mm, 75mm, 120mm
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1113411001/odyssey-anthology/description

the new human minis

the gigantic painters special

figures from previous campaigns

more figures from previous projects
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)