Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
emmagine

Bones Goremaw

Recommended Posts

Pretty decent airbrush highlighting tutorial!  But... turn your cellphone camera  horizontal.  Holding it vertically means that the video takes up a tiny, narrow vertical stripe on a computer monitor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if putting a workout pad or gym flooring pad under your compressor will help muffled the vibration sound of your compressor. Honestly, if I didn't have one and wasn't used to it, it might irritate me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Melons said:

I wonder if putting a workout pad or gym flooring pad under your compressor will help muffled the vibration sound of your compressor. Honestly, if I didn't have one and wasn't used to it, it might irritate me.

Good idea!  How are you liking the airbrush you got last year btw?

14 hours ago, Grumpy Cave Bear said:

Pretty decent airbrush highlighting tutorial!  But... turn your cellphone camera  horizontal.  Holding it vertically means that the video takes up a tiny, narrow vertical stripe on a computer monitor.

Great point.  Thanks!

Edited by emmagine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, emmagine said:

Good idea!  How are you liking the airbrush you got last year btw?

The wife got it and she loved it, but the last month or two it's been sputtering paint rather than spraying. We think it may be the compressor though and not the brush itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr Melons said:

The wife got it and she loved it, but the last month or two it's been sputtering paint rather than spraying. We think it may be the compressor though and not the brush itself.

There are a lot of things that can cause sputtering.     Air pressure, bent needle, dried paint in unfortunate locations, etc.   It is a badger isn't it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. The needle is fine, it also doesn't have dried paint on it. Air pressure seems to be the problem. Not sure if it's the hoses or the compressor itself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Melons said:

Yes. Not sure what it is but I'll try replacing the hoses first if it's inexpensive enough.

As I recall, you won a badger.   Their customer service is amazing, a call to them and they will help you diagnose the problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, emmagine said:

As I recall, you won a badger.   Their customer service is amazing, a call to them and they will help you diagnose the problem.

 

Haiyo! I narrowed down that it isnt an airbrush thing. Whenever I use the badger, iwata or my priming brush, the paint sputters. I figured it was a airflow issue with the brushes, cleaned them all, double, checked thr needles and spouts but they're fine. The priming brush has seen better days but its a cheap 10$ practice airbrush.

 

I then tweaked with the airflow but it doesnt seem to make things any better or worse. It acts like when singing a song, you run out of air as you're holding a note. Basically, as I hold down for air and back for paint, its great for the first 3 seconds then airflow just slows down to a sputter.  All of my brushes do this. 

 

I went through again and cleaned as thoroughly as I could and contemplated a sonic cleaner in case I'm missing some spot when cleaning. @[email protected] 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

47 minutes ago, MissMelons said:

 

Haiyo! I narrowed down that it isnt an airbrush thing. Whenever I use the badger, iwata or my priming brush, the paint sputters. I figured it was a airflow issue with the brushes, cleaned them all, double, checked thr needles and spouts but they're fine. The priming brush has seen better days but its a cheap 10$ practice airbrush.

 

I then tweaked with the airflow but it doesnt seem to make things any better or worse. It acts like when singing a song, you run out of air as you're holding a note. Basically, as I hold down for air and back for paint, its great for the first 3 seconds then airflow just slows down to a sputter.  All of my brushes do this. 

 

I went through again and cleaned as thoroughly as I could and contemplated a sonic cleaner in case I'm missing some spot when cleaning. @[email protected] 

Ah!  There are a couple simple things to try. 

1: set up, and turn on until the system is charged.   Turn the system off.   Wait 5 minutes, test the airbrush (with compressor still off).    If you do the same thing without the 5 minute delay and it is different, you have a hose and/or fitting leak.   Chase that down the same way you would a leaky bicycle tire if leak is present.    

 

2: if you don't have an air tank on your compressor, get one.   If it isn't due to a leak(see #1), your compressor is probably getting old.   You can compensate for this with a tank and get more life out of it, and any future compressors you buy.   Have been keeping it oiled per manufacturer specs?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...