The Spooky Swordsman painted up SPLENDIDLY. There is an eerie quality to your colors that suits the mood of the miniature WONDERFULLY. The base is a LOVELY creation in its own right. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Good job! Very interesting and neat color palette.

Thank You Ub3r_n3rd !

Its been a long tie since I saw you on the forum.

Figured you were pretty busy at the new job, and setting up the house.

I've slowed down, but still getting a mini or two a month.  This one has been fun.

I have a pile more to do, and my son has said.. Hurry up, I've got my eye on some new ones

for you :)

Thanks and great thoughts.

Jay

4 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

I also like the basing.

Good to see new work from you!!!

Glad to hear from you xherman1964,

Just not as fast as I used to be getting the new ones out.

You are way outpacing me now a days..LOL.

Love what you are doing.

Jay

• Like 4

Just now, Jasonator said:

Thank You Ub3r_n3rd !

Its been a long tie since I saw you on the forum.

Figured you were pretty busy at the new job, and setting up the house.

I've slowed down, but still getting a mini or two a month.  This one has been fun.

I have a pile more to do, and my son has said.. Hurry up, I've got my eye on some new ones

for you :)

Thanks and great thoughts.

Jay

You're welcome! It's great seeing you again, Jay. I have missed everyone. I'm making a bigger effort to pop in around here when I have time in the evenings and weekends. It also helps me to stay more focused on painting and posting my own work. Keep up your own great work and get to painting, I wanna see what goodies your son has in mind!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malefactus said:

The Spooky Swordsman painted up SPLENDIDLY. There is an eerie quality to your colors that suits the mood of the miniature WONDERFULLY. The base is a LOVELY creation in its own right. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks Malafactus !!  The color scheme has been fun for me, and since I take my time, I get to mess around with

color/contrast/emphasis, and you are right MOOD.  So much to learn, then apply, then correct until I'm happy.

Thanks for your comments.

Jay

• Like 3

I loved doing this miniature! I did one in conjunction with the wife for a secret Sophie for Uber. Yours came out really cool. The red makes a striking contrast to the blues and blacks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Melons said:

I loved doing this miniature! I did one in conjunction with the wife for a secret Sophie for Uber. Yours came out really cool. The red makes a striking contrast to the blues and blacks.

Thank You Mr. Melons !!

Your comment was GREATLY appreciated.  As you know, this isn't one of the Easy Ones.  That dang sword, and all those folds. Originally it had a super smooth transition between Blues, blacks, midnight black, and realized I was totally bored with the piece.  Once the red hit, I showed more interest, and started adding in some orange, Ruby and blue metals.  It was fun again.

Glad to see some of the old timers are still around and painting !

Thanks again for your kind comment !

Jay

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

That's quite the striking color scheme you did; very nicely done!!

Thanks Chaoswolf !

Its been fun getting more and more painting done.

Have to learn to NOT change color schemes in the middle of a horse,

or miniature though.  This one needed to be amped.

Fun mini to paint, but quite challenging.  Lots of mood going around!

Glad to see my friends are still here.  I'm going to attempt to keep two mini's a month

on the paint desk.  

Hope all is well in your world.

Jay 

• Like 2

I just washed two miniatures to add to the list of "Must get painted"

I've got a phunny one, and a serious one.  Course I started on the funny one first !

LOL.

My daughter prefers the Animal/human mixed - characters.

So Maybe I will get four accomplished this month.

Thanks for the above likes :)

Jay

• Like 1