I got the critters as an addon to the DSM kickstarter recently. The first thing I am painting is this guy, a musk ox warrior. He's big, so priming took a while. And I am using a crummy brush for base coating all this fur because it is a brush mangler until I get to the nitpicky stuff. 

I'm trying to make the small bit of chainmail 1) NMM to see if I can do it and 2) slightly tarnished. I don't think thia guy is good at cleaning. 

Armor color themes I am thinking dark red primarily, with black, blue, and green accents. I was looking up eskimo art for the sake of doing his belt-thing justice, and those seem like reasonable colors to go with. 

Thanks to the CMPA for the poster tack and the jar idea - had to find a big jar for him!

20170717_151250.jpg

20170717_151245.jpg

• Like 10

He's looking more shaggyrific. I did multiple dark colors on the eyes, but I don't know that they really show up. Then again, looking up musk ox, their eyes are pretty darn black anyway. 

20170717_165619.jpg

20170717_165614.jpg

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

Very cool!

Something tells me that he'd confuse wolves. He looks like meat but is too handy with the weapons ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Something tells me that he'd confuse wolves. He looks like meat but is too handy with the weapons ;)

Yeah we respect the Musk Ox

• Like 3

He's a chunker. About 150% height of a normal figure with a lot more girth. 

20170718_171732.jpg

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

He's a chunker. About 150% height of a normal figure with a lot more girth. 

20170718_171732.jpg

Perfect, thanks!

I feel like he'd be good for Forgotten Realms Yakfolk, with that height.

• Like 4

I began highlighting the shoulder pads (uuugh I love this red triad) and practiced some freehand on the purse. Inspired by Michael Proctor's rendition of this guy, but not copying him. 

20170719_111232.jpg

• Like 10

Got the fish on his chest completed. Got a fish texture on the red in the tail. Not 100% happy with the color scheme. Do like the shading on the plate (was going for a steelish look). 

20170725_222854.jpg

20170725_222849.jpg

• Like 7

Got the knife done.

The pommel was probably intended to be bone and I went for a darker metal. Maybe it is bone coated in dark iron. 

The coloring was fun. 

Put a chevron on the front. Colored the knobs. 

I think the extra color on these helps balance the fish out. 

Thinking that the fuzzy trim should be a medium tone slightly reddish brown. 

20170726_133054.jpg

20170726_133100.jpg

• Like 5

Unchanged!

I am a bit unsure about the colors I have for the boots and the trim now. I don't know if I can balance them well with the club over his head. The brown I chose is visually a similar tone as the red, and it is a lot in one spot. Maybe I highlight it? 

Will get pictures soon (phone vs computer typing).