This is a really inspiring post - I may have to do my undying lords as a group as well. great idea. nice paint, too. I like that you stuck with the classic colors for each ; Ill have to steal that as well.

• Like 1

I so want to get a few more Hobbits and mix in some more human skeletons and have an undead fellowship. ::D: Your are well painted and I like the bright color contrast with the bone. Great job!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vulture said:

This is a really inspiring post - I may have to do my undying lords as a group as well. great idea. nice paint, too. I like that you stuck with the classic colors for each ; Ill have to steal that as well.

Thanks!  One of the things I've tried to improve on is the range of colors I use while painting.  Coming from the Warhammer background, so many things were super-uniform and done to speed along painting.  While I still focus on quantity done in the long run, I've tried to mix up schemes and use more tones.  Back in the old days all of the Undead would've just been wearing moldy browns. 

6 hours ago, Pochi said:

I so want to get a few more Hobbits and mix in some more human skeletons and have an undead fellowship. ::D: Your are well painted and I like the bright color contrast with the bone. Great job!

Thank you!  If you want some variety in your Undead Halflings, TAG puts out a great set:

596f574aec9b3_halflingzombies.png.d5a338f2bd3f7ff1f7a1637c8983c15c.png

Stonehaven Miniatures also makes a great Skeletal Halfling in the style of Bilbo:

596f577a94e5d_undeadhalfling.jpg.d45b0183595a4262712e365522c8b188.jpg

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Auberon
      My partner for the Secret Sophie exchange this year was NecroMancer and they requested demons or some other stuff, so I painted the Queen of Hell.  About the same time I had ordered a 3D printer and I had found a base that kind of matched an idea I had in my head.  The printer was going to ship on time, then it wasn't, then it was, and finally came in just in time to print my display base. It is from the celestial pack by Archvillain Games. It's 100mm plus some overhang. For a bit of additional flair I added some blood imps to the base. 

One thing about pre-made display bases though is they can be next to impossible to actually use if they are not designed well.  This base is an example of that as there is so much rubble that I had to carve away spaces for feet or build up the area with a bit of milliput to give them something to stand on. Since ancient statues were actually painted I decided to go with that and put a simple face on the bit of statue that remained.

The Queen was actually painted before my printer arrived and because things hadn't gone crazy at work yet, I actually had time to paint her properly.  I went for a stylized NMM on her armor.  It was the first time I had tried NMM this way.  It worked but I need some more practice to really sell it.  I didn't want her to look like some cheap plastic figure (even though she kinda is ) so instead of going red like the blood imps I made her skin mostly human and then put the orange/red/purples in the midtones and shadows.

Her wings don't fit in my tiny photo setup so...

And with wings. They were not attached for shipping and needed a bit of support, so ignore the paint bottle.  Bones are evil.  Mold lines suddenly appear everywhere.  And for better or for worse, a year from now her wings will sink toward the earth, but they should rotate and touch the base.

A few extra pics I took, if anyone wants to look

• By thefub
      This was a repaint from earlier this year. I bought Quickshade Strong Tone for speed painting some of my board games and tried it in Woody. I liked the way it worked for the most part but as you can tell I got some frosting when I matte coated it. Another thing that happened was my paint cracked on my base but I kinda like the way it looks. I probably won't bother fixing any of the issues as I moved on to another figure I am struggling with.

• By JGroeling
      Fun and quick one for RCL new release. Have been aiming for a more dull/gritty looks wtih a lot of my recent figures. 

• By Chris Palmer
      Back in November I posted over on the Conversion WIP sub-forum about a mounted figure I was making using the Bones 4 Giant Rhinoceros Beetle and the Mudcroak Squog figure: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/93699-frog-riding-beetle-conversion/

This past week I finally got around to painting the converted figure, and I  wanted to share the results.

• By Lidless Eye
      The other set of first completed miniatures of 2021, miniatures from the Dunkeldorf range from King Games.  Very inspired by Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

The majority of them are from the newer Prancing Peacock Kickstarter but some selections I made were from the existing line.

The tables and chairs are cheating, I think they're from Mantic Terrain Crate and were ready already, I didn't back for any of the extra scenery from Dunkeldorf.

The Tavern Crowd:

The assorted masses:

The more militant members:

And assorted others:

• Who's Online   11 Members, 2 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)