Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
"Spelunking at Midnight" Diorama featuring converted Lanell, Female Rogue and Arthrand Nightblade, Elf RangerBy Peithetairos
Some may have seen it in the Facebook Group already, but I am working currently on a spelunking diorama that is a study in OSL. My first serious attempt at OSL it turned out to be a daunting and mindbending affair. I established the base colours and lighting via airbrush and then went back in with brush. Still a few things to fix, but it is getting there.
I did this conversion for a contest. I think he fills the role fairly well. I removed his sword and the pistol in his belt (it was a bit miscast and had no detail.)
Just keep on plugging away at these bones 5 set. So so so much to paint still.
Here we go. The necromancer.
I am going to say i hate bone white from vallejo. That stuff has terrible coverage. Chalky. And thinning it makes it take forever to dry. Not a fan. Every time i is it i think, "i should mark this bottle with an x."
I wanted the cape to be darker red, but it still works. I was nearly going to paint it purple and make her clothes red, but didn't. She looks way way way too colorful for a necromancer, but it's what it is now.
I hope this one gets re-implemented in Bones USA. Very cool, fun and funny model. The quality of the model wasn't so great, unfortunately.
On the bright side though: I knew she needed a pink hair! And a pink hair was really asking for bright green armor and purple vest! 🙂
(All sorts of comments are always welcome!)
I'm working on a conversion for my partner's character in our Swords and Wizardry campaign. She's a half-elf rogue with red hair that dual-wields swords, but unfortunately Reaper doesn't sell an exact figure of that type. There are a couple of other figures that might have worked but we both really liked Lanelle's base, so I took on the task of converting her to wield two swords and carry a shield on her back.
The sword conversion wasn't too difficult; I bought three copies of Lanelle so I could take the sword from one and have a third as a back-up in case I messed something up. I carefully snipped off the sword, and used a pin vise to attach it. I used the baking soda and superglue combo to patch up a few small gaps. The shield was harvested from a 77024 goblin mini, and has a little pin in it which will attach to her back. I'm keeping them separate for now to ease painting.
The original figure; this is the backup.
The successful conversion; the red hair is stained from a previous attempted paint job that was removed with Simple Green.
You can see the gaps a little on this side, but they've very minor and I believe paint will help disguise it later.
There are no visible gaps on the outside.
The shield will be attached right in the center of of her back; if positioned correctly I think it'll
just reach the sheath on her belt and give the illusion that the dagger is just hidden behind the shield.
The donor shield and unhappy goblin; I think this mini will make a nice battle-scarred goblin with a tragic past.
Who's Online 28 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)
- Lidless Eye
- Colonel Kane
- Great Khan Artist
- Brother Jim
- Lord of the Dish Pit
- Grumpy Cave Bear