Reaper's 25th Anniversary Miniature - August

Reaper Ron

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the sculpt & I don't. While I don't like to buy single human sized mini for more then 10, I may break that & just order this guy by himself. With trips coming up, expenses need to be trimmed a bit.

• Like 2

I seem to be in the minority here, I can easily pass on this one. Lovely paint job, but the sculpt just feels awkward, and I can't get past that goofy face.  Maybe if I saw it in raw metal it could change my mind. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

I seem to be in the minority here, I can easily pass on this one. Lovely paint job, but the sculpt just feels awkward, and I can't get past that goofy face.  Maybe if I saw it in raw metal it could change my mind. 

I didn't want to be the first to say it:) But yes, he does seem awkward. Not sure what it is, but it just didn't seem to wow me. But that's me. Maybe because I have WAY too many elves:)

• Like 2

On 7/27/2017 at 1:53 PM, Inarah said:

Agreed, I'm not enjoying his face. I think it might be the conan hairdo. Never did like that hair. Makes cutting expenses for moving easier.

On 27-7-2017 at 10:53 PM, Inarah said:

I don't want to sound like a bigot..but it's an Elf..

Elves are food.

• Like 6

Whew! I was able to snag a Graveyard expansion in August! Yay! I didn't really want two of darius the blue. (Sorry didn't mean to rhyme.) 

If only I had been able to order it in time for it to get to me while my husband was away. But alas, no such luck. Had to wait for the August funds to hit my bank account. 

• Like 3

On 27/7/2017 at 10:53 PM, Inarah said:

Lol actually you changed my mind about it. I was preparing a "huge" order (I'm on Barcelona, shippment costs are high, so I only buy stuff from time to time) but I now think that, if I will receive four or so 25th anniverary free minis I would rather wait for another one than Elanter. I agree on the face, I'm not convinced on the shape of his clothing particularly around his chest, and his hands look huge. A shame, because elves are my favourite fantasy race :d So... the only thing better than an elven lost price is an elven lost archmage ^^ (hope one of the future 25th is)

Edited by NyarlaBcn
  • Like 2

On 7/27/2017 at 3:53 PM, Inarah said:

...you are not alone.

That isn't how I picture Elves. While I can appreciate that there are lots of Folk who do picture Elves that way, the Point Eared Guy looks like he could be a G.W. High Elf...I hate their scale mail dresses & cone head look.

There are a number of miniatures I will be ordering to fill out some nooks & crannies in the Vault, but I am probably going to postpone sending my order until September simply because I don't want to add a piece that I will not paint.

• Like 1