Sign in to follow this  
Darcstaar

Diala Passil, Imperial Assault, Fantasy Flight Games

Well done on the Jedi! The OSL look good too! I'm enjoying your choice in colors for this one. I painted mine to match the game card.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arc 724 said:

Well done on the Jedi! The OSL look good too! I'm enjoying your choice in colors for this one. I painted mine to match the game card.

Thanks!

Oddly, I thought I was matching the game card.

The red is a lot more orange than brick in the pics.

On 7/25/2017 at 2:00 PM, Darcstaar said:

Overall, the saber blade was my least favorite part of this mini.

I think  your base colors for the character are a little to bright for the light saber to really "shine". the saber needs a range of visible shades (with a white center line), but still must be lighter than the surrounding material so it appears to glow (with OSL). The light clothing as the backdrop compresses your contrast ratio / dynamic range, making this difficult to achieve.

It is really excellent, none the less. Ive been chipping away at SW characters too, and they are really fun. this is inspiring work you've done.

Edited by vulture
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vulture said:

I think  your base colors for the character are a little to bright for the light saber to really "shine". the saber needs a range of visible shades (with a white center line), but still must be lighter than the surrounding material so it appears to glow (with OSL). The light clothing as the backdrop compresses your contrast ratio / dynamic range, making this difficult to achieve.

It is really excellent, none the less. Ive been chipping away at SW characters too, and they are really fun. this is inspiring work you've done.

Good point.

Thank you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this