Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

Sir Rathan Kranzhel, Human Fighter - Bones (Photo Heavy)

Nicely painted.

I think you can get away with that shield orientation:  I think Norman kite shields were worn with the forearm along the long axis when mounted on horseback.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! After looking at photos of him I realized how his original shield was aligned and was like, "Oops!" Tried to pop it off and decided it didn't look bad so I would go ahead and paint him up. The new Bones 3weapon sprues are pretty nifty and made out of stiff grey plastic.

• Like 2

He looks really good! The shield is totally fine. My one comment is that the sword has a slight but awkward bend to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

He looks really good! The shield is totally fine. My one comment is that the sword has a slight but awkward bend to it. 

I think that's called the Bonesium effect:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

15 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I think that's called the Bonesium effect:)

Yep. I don't care enough to dip it in boiling water and freeze it for a slight bend in the sword. My goblin standard bearer who looked like he got run over by a tank got the boil/freeze treatment but not a slightly bent sword. ::D:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pochi said:

Yep. I don't care enough to dip it in boiling water and freeze it for a slight bend in the sword. My goblin standard bearer who looked like he got run over by a tank got the boil/freeze treatment but not a slightly bent sword. ::D:

Yup I had the three skeleton archers, and for the life of me, I could NEVER get one of them to take:( the other two are pretty much straight standing (one better then the other but still upright) but the one would never stay, so he is now almost done following the skeleton walk-through in the core skills reaper LTPK, he just looks like he is peering around the corner shooting:)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Neptune1999
      This model is a Dark Sword Miniatures masterpiece of a sculpt by Jeff Grace. Never before have I seen so many tiny etchings on plate armor, especially on a figure that is barely 1.6 inches high. I feel a bit let down by my red OSL, but then again, this was only my second real attempt at the process, which is surely one I need to practice more. 

• By Citrine
      In my quest to paint up every race class combination, I tackled this fun mini from Oathsworn Miniatures.  One bad thing about pre-painting dragonborn is that they have unique powers based on their dragon color, so how likely is it that someone want to pick this mini in blue for the character?  Oh well, another one down!

• By Vytau
      A few weeks ago I posted my Paladin (Essach Stonebreaker) converted from a bones Duke Gerard miniature.  This is that same character, but advanced to more heroic levels (we'll see if he actually lives that long in this campaign lol).  

Presenting Duke Gerard in metal, converted to hold a mace / morningstar / scepter from the "Good" weapons pack from Bones III. 

Like:  First attempt doing anything like the landscape on the shield.  Generally good depth of color.  Got the face much, much better than on the plastic version (part of that is thanks to the sculpt though...better detail). Better management of blonde hair on a pale face, which is tough since that risks being very low-contrast (and by proxy, low-interest).  Better at abutting color - I'm still too reliant on black lining for my line work, which leads to deep shadowing...not always a great look. 

Needs work:  Smooth lines, patience...I'm not painting at tabletop speed or anything, but I'm probably still working too quickly to accomplish show-worthy painting.  Looks great at arms length, but I can notice the hell out of flaws, lumps, and bumps as I get closer.   

Still, it's a step forward for me.  Additionally, I finally got a light box so I can improve the pictures just a wee bit!  In fact, the little white flecks on the substrate are from a previous mini photo shoot ( a white dragon, which I will post later).  My next goals are 1: to get better at slowing down and smoothing out my lines and 2: to work on my mini photography. 

Anyhoo:  here's Duke Gerard, converted into my 5e Paladin of Lathander, Essach Stonebreaker! 

• By aku-chan
      "Umm... Guys, I think I've found our missing team members."

Presenting the Cleric, part of the second Echoes of Death set from Kingdom Death, not sure why she has such a gruesome base insert, none of the others came with one.

Disappointingly, she looks pretty terrible in the piccys. Honestly, apart from her decidedly wonky eyes, I thought I'd done a fairly good job.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)