Thanks for the enthusiasm folks!  I've been wanting to paint this figure for awhile.  I kept running into the I'm not good enough to paint her the way I want mindset.  Then it occurred to me... I can buy another!  So I broke her free of her blister and slapped on some primer.  I've decided to go for a dark skin tone in green cloth.  Not sure how it will go...  Picture later.

• Like 4

Ok progress, of sorts.  I'm definitely not very practice at this particular skin tone.  But her is the result,  Started with a base of RMS Mahogany Brown,  Then Highlighted up to RMS Olive Skin, with a glaze to smooth out.  Then further highlighted with mix of Olive Skin and RMS Lenin White.

DSM_Sit_Mage_02a.JPG.00e49590af95e1c687a7243814e2413a.JPG

C&C Welcome

• Like 12
On 7/30/2017 at 9:27 PM, Thes Hunter said:

The only mistake I think you made... was that you only worked the skin on her face. Glad you wrote down what colors you used! :lol:

But no, she is looking good. I like the way her skin tones read. 

@Thes Hunter Thanks, but I'm a bit of a messy painter.  I knew I would get green all over her arms from when I started her dress.

Speaking of starting her dress.  Here is a picture of her dress base coated.  How's this for green?

DSM_Sit_Mage_03a.JPG.c5fc6e77a57a6a0b50b76551da092aa7.JPG

• Like 8

More work on her Dress.  I used scale 75's greens for this dress.  I have one thing to say, the folds, yee gosh, the folds.  I then rebase coated the skin areas that got covered with the green to clean up the look.  Funny thing about camera's I looked the stomach part of her dress as I painted her and saw no real contrast.  Now it looks like it need fixin.  Ah well...

Here is where I stand:

DSM_Sit_Mage_04a.JPG.7f8ed6723f6eae88967cabed037db604.JPG

• Like 10

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.