Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thanks for the enthusiasm folks!  I've been wanting to paint this figure for awhile.  I kept running into the I'm not good enough to paint her the way I want mindset.  Then it occurred to me... I can buy another!  So I broke her free of her blister and slapped on some primer.  I've decided to go for a dark skin tone in green cloth.  Not sure how it will go...  Picture later.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok progress, of sorts.  I'm definitely not very practice at this particular skin tone.  But her is the result,  Started with a base of RMS Mahogany Brown,  Then Highlighted up to RMS Olive Skin, with a glaze to smooth out.  Then further highlighted with mix of Olive Skin and RMS Lenin White.

DSM_Sit_Mage_02a.JPG.00e49590af95e1c687a7243814e2413a.JPG

 

C&C Welcome

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2017 at 9:27 PM, Thes Hunter said:

The only mistake I think you made... was that you only worked the skin on her face. Glad you wrote down what colors you used! :lol:

 

But no, she is looking good. I like the way her skin tones read. 

@Thes Hunter Thanks, but I'm a bit of a messy painter.  I knew I would get green all over her arms from when I started her dress.

 

Speaking of starting her dress.  Here is a picture of her dress base coated.  How's this for green?

DSM_Sit_Mage_03a.JPG.c5fc6e77a57a6a0b50b76551da092aa7.JPG

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

More work on her Dress.  I used scale 75's greens for this dress.  I have one thing to say, the folds, yee gosh, the folds.  I then rebase coated the skin areas that got covered with the green to clean up the look.  Funny thing about camera's I looked the stomach part of her dress as I painted her and saw no real contrast.  Now it looks like it need fixin.  Ah well...

 

Here is where I stand:

DSM_Sit_Mage_04a.JPG.7f8ed6723f6eae88967cabed037db604.JPG

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By bblythe84
      I painted her up as a fun project. Let me know what you think. 
       
      I am trying to improve my painting abilities.
       
      The purple marking on her thigh was supposed to be a skull tattoo, it didn't really work as well as I had hoped.


    • By planetmut
      Her face is way lighter in real life. In the pics she looks like she's got stubble...



    • By Samedi
      During my Shelf of Shame Project I started with the fairy. Since there is only room for one project on my wet palette, this one had to take the back seat during RVE. Today I finished another project, at least as far as the palette is concerned, so I can finally continue with my little fairy. Every aspect of this project was created by rolling dice.
       
      For everyone interested, here is a somewhat elaborate summary of part one:
       
       
      During weekend I usually put down my brushes. At the moment, painting is a stand in for my job that's on hold because of Corona restrictions, so there will probably be no progress until next week. I just wanted to set up everything so I can start right away!
    • By Darcstaar
      Such a fun idea for a mini!
      But then you have to paint all the dragon scales.
      I was going for a more Asian skin tone.  I tried to speed through this one since her sword was so bent.
       
      WIP link below.
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/92275-darcstaar-vs-bones-i-ep-8-janan-female-dragonslayer/&tab=comments#comment-1955669
       
      Enjoy.



       
    • By Inarah
      This was an experiment with color. I decided to give the Limited Palette challenge a try last night.  The challenge is 3 colors, plus black and white. Specifically, the three colors must be a blue, green, and pink.  I chose cyan blue, gnoll pelt, and cactus flower.  I'm quite happy with how she came out, for a figure I wasn't terribly interested in to begin with. 
       

       

       

       
      Sorry, my camera could not handle a close-up of the face. 
       
      For anyone wondering about the red hair, a strange thing happens when you mix cactus flower and gnoll pelt....
       

       
      The base is from Secret Weapon. 
       
  • Who's Online   29 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...