Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Zealot Miniatures Minotaurs

About this project

28280b7b0b5f5bfed2b9c49931cdc03a_origina

Our continued goal is to create the next-level of miniatures for your games and painting. More detailed, more dynamic, more characterful and better than before. We are pushing things forward. Because, as every painter or gamer knows - these are not toys; this is miniature art!

It has been a while since nearly 1,000 kind gamers worldwide helped us bring to life  TC: Fantasy Dungeon Terrain, back on KS, in 2014. Now we have returned, we are ready to raise the bar once again with a new range of models. With these, we have the scope to really show off how proper resin models should look. Welcome, adventurer, to the Minotaur Horde!

827f167ebafb151b70c7bcd950051f2e_origina

A lot of companies focus on budget value, and that's good, if good value is what you want. More models for your money, buckets of models cast in PVC plastic, spin-cast 'restic' models. Cheaper production, corners cut. You get more mediocre models than you could ever paint or really appreciate. Familiar, right? I know ;) 
Now these Minos are a little bit different, these are the kind of high detail miniatures which will get a "Wow" from your gamer friends when you reveal them. Miniatures which you will want to paint and will want to keep in your collection forever.

35860497c3408c781482c76465b8ef59_origina

We are making miniatures with the best blend of new and old. New, cutting-edge 3D Printing for the sharpest details around. Old, tried and tested vacuum casting, the same method perfected over the last 30 years, for the best quality cast models. 
Our last KS received high praise on the model's quality and phenomenal detail. But this time we really have the scope to spare no expense and truly show off what we can do on these fearsome Minotaurs.

e6a4e2e390aedb2b0ee7e45df8e71dcb_origina

Minotaurs are the perfect race to begin on our quest to modernize, since only a few of them are needed to make a warband. We can lavish attention on a dozen or so models and produce a concise campaign with a quick delivery.

12d611fe038a15f9c99776e6dbe33869_origina

On one side, there is the production; over the years, Zealot has built a reputation for making stunningly detailed models. We have worked with many big-name miniature companies, producing their models, all behind the scenes. If you have supported many miniature kickstarters before, you likely have some of our casts already! 
But the awesome level of detail possible is all moot, without some stunningly detailed artwork for us to produce! ...

a98c57980658d1d20de523d6433937c2_origina

So we have teamed up with Alexei Popovici, who is an industry sculpting veteran and one of the most talented model sculptors working today. He not only produces great sculpts which looks superb as a render on your huge PC screen - but it transfers well into an actual model, where all the details are clear and possible to paint.

a884e68626c6c35ec24b7a2852ea50d9_origina

Superb renders indeed! Superb renders indeed!

ed6d660149d645331aa2432eff4e07c6_origina

55eb94415ab4c6cd7ef32e205e68c96f_origina

Choose your miniatures from these core selections. If you wish to pick them as further Add-Ons, the cost is displayed on each image.

06ad3960beb06b056d58a711e941e9da_origina

(For the Adventurers, there are more views of castings coming soon)

6f9cd4b251aa6cc6ffd559c876b364a1_origina
cab7f75bf6bf23797e69d4c48ce31c6b_origina

2e9427a6d9e27025df265525776b977f_origina

2c0a95030978d2d14d40d07ab4ef38be_origina

6dcb78ae8b05ad64e3b632af26a65808_origina

ce6b09305a90ca4d62c3e757e4684a1c_origina

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Has this KS started?  When does it start?

Soon?  they haven't given a date yet

1 hour ago, pcktlnt said:

I don't know anything about this manufacturer.

They do a lot of casting and printing and even some sculpting for other companies.. they've done a fairly large terrain KS too

• Like 2

They were a bit late on fulfilling, but they did. I decided not to back because I had some concerns (I almost pledged $500, and then decided I'd grab them at retail because I was concerned it might be getting too large.) I was wrong, and they did fulfill, and the stuff is up for sale on their website.

I am sure there are some around here who got fulfillment, and they can comment on the quality, but my remembrance everyone was pretty happy. 

• Like 2

ooooh nice.....I do love a minotaur.....my favourites so far are the Avatars of War ones, but these may push them off the top slot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, talion78 said:

ooooh nice.....I do love a minotaur.....my favourites so far are the Avatars of War ones, but these may push them off the top slot.

There was an Ilyad Games one that I would LOVE to get my hands on.  That one is tops for me, with the Confrontation ones very close behind.

I backed Twisting Catacombs with a pretty substantial pledge.. around $250.  Was a bit delayed but did deliver, and had amazing quality casts.

Not sure I'll be in on this one, depends on the price point, but I would have no doubt as to their ability to fulfill.  Twisting Catacombs was maaaasssiivve, and they got through that.  Something like this with a much tighter offering should be no problem.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darsc Zacal
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/northumbriantin/the-curious-case-of-the-cats-of-crumptown-28mm-miniatures?ref=discovery_category_newest

A fantastical range of White Metal Cat Miniatures representing the iconic fifth edition character classes of the world’s greatest roleplaying game!

No pics of the minis yet. Will update this post as more info is released.

• By Smokestack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brybelly/the-deck-of-many-things-and-the-deck-of-many-fates-rpg-cards

Story
      The fabric of reality is twisting anew, and Fate herself groans in agony. An adventurer has received an artifact both ancient and strange: the Deck of Many Things, which deals boon and woe with the capriciousness of a fey princess.
      But something else is contained herein.
      Another deck, alike in power, bearing spells and shames never before seen in this world or any other. I present you, wise man or fool, with the Deck of Many Fates.
       Two Decks. Infinite Fates.
      All dungeon masters, veteran and novice alike, have heard the legends of the Deck of Many Things. A treasured artifact which can infuse any campaign with danger, wonder, and delight. But look here: another deck has emerged from behind the veil of mystery. A deck equal in power, yet bursting with epic confrontations and sinister secrets. The Deck of Many Fates.
      Comprised of two decks totaling 49 jumbo-size tarot cards, The Deck of Many Things and the Deck of Many Fates are the perfect accessory for your adventuring party. Our finest sages have also included a guide on the use of these cards, as irresponsible operation may lead to disfigurement, death, and worse. 
      The Deck of Many Things has been an RPG mainstay for over 40 years. It is an artifact of immense power and extreme chaos. Twenty-two cards each contain a strange, potent, and often game-changing effect. Perhaps you shall draw the fabled Flame card, and with it the enmity of a powerful nemesis. Or, just as likely, you may draw the Gem card, blessing you with immense wealth.
      Unlike its relative, the Deck of Many Fates is a relatively new artifact, unknown to most. It contains a staggering twenty-seven cards, each with a new power, curse, or opportunity. The Deck of Many Fates may be used on its own as an independent deck, or shuffled together with the Deck of Many Things to create a 49 card hybrid of magic, terror, and destiny.
      The Deck of Many Things and the Deck of Many Fates includes 49 jumbo tarot cards, sized at 120mm x 70mm (~4.75" x 2.75") in two hand-illustrated tuck boxes, and helpful instructions for use and play.
        Shipping
      Hopefully this step is nice and easy. We've designed a lightweight, tightly-packed product that ships nicely. Domestic (USA) orders ship free, and all International Orders pay a flat $5.
      Campaign Updates & Stretch Goals
      This campaign will have no stretch goals; what you see is what you get. We'll be using the updates to reveal more cards from our mysterious, proprietary Deck of Many Fates.
      Risks and challenges
      Common risks for cards items and RPG accessories typically include product and fulfillment issues. We're partnering with an experienced supplier we've worked with on several major projects like Wolves of Mercia, Derby Day Horse Racing, Michigan Rummy, and Faerie Chess. We're confident in their ability to produce and deliver, as we've seen it for ourselves dozens of times!

EDIT: I am in. $15 for 2 Decks, 49 Tarot sized cards with free shipping to US. Seems like a good deal and a small risk. 
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/81524567?ref=evzsas&token=8eaedf7a&fbclid=IwAR0J91XxQUE6SE1HQcvjOr2oZnAZoneIL31yr6GnwV9G2yPSiVSP-0tCQzg

About
      Welcome to the Great Wall draft page – the campaign is not live yet, but we will be gradually adding more and more information about the game here! We are incredibly excited to hear your feedback, so please let us know what you think. If it looks interesting to you - make sure to click the "Notify me on launch" button!
      The Great Wall is a new major board game from Awaken Realms (creators of Nemesis, Tainted Grail, Etherfields and many other acclaimed products). Players will take the roles of generals of an ancient oriental empire who lead the defence against ruthless hordes. You will need to gather allied advisors, manage your workers, recruit armies and, together with other players, raise and defend the Great Wall! As the game progresses, you will often need to co-operate or negotiate with other players, but make no mistake – there can be only one winner!
      This fresh worker (and soldier!) placement game for 1-4 players faces them with many difficult choices and often pushes them to interact with each other. You will be assigning your workers to eleven different locations, such as Tea House, Quarry, Messenger Post, or Barracks, using special Command cards that have additional effects. Production in locations activates ONLY when all their slots are filled, but filling them all by yourself can result in a penalty. On top of that, players can buy overseers who will give additional output every time a location becomes activated. This creates a lot of involving long- and short-term strategies.
       Each player starts with one unique General, characterized by their asymmetric power, as well as the production level. From there, you will further customize your economic engine and fine-tune your strategy by recruiting advisors who provide additional bonuses.
      Eventually, a Wall Defence phase beings, where players place previously build armies on Horde Cards – earning Honor (Victory points) and looting resources from the defeated troops. This requires smart management of three types of units: Archers, Spearmen and Cavalry. Players place these soldiers one by one, playing the Tactics cards that create another layer of interaction.
      Gain meditation by shooting with the Zen Archer, then spend meditation on a Cavalry Squad Leader to move your Cavalry around the battlefield faster, and – finally – finish off by getting extra Honor for each of the Cavalry’s engagements thanks to the Banner Holder. There are endless possibilities for great combos and memorable plays.
      On top of that, your Advisors and General might give your troops extra abilities, such as shooting twice or looting twice the resources!
      All of the above makes the Great Wall one of our most strategically involving designs that will be appreciated by many different groups of players: those who love euro-styled games with their intricate economies and engine-building, those who love over-the-table play, bargaining and negotiations – and finally, those who simply like to wage war on a beautiful map.

• By Lihmeth
      Didn't see a topic for this yet.
      2 Limited edition miniatures in 80mm scale. 'Lady Godiva' and 'The Mirror', both based on classical paintings.
      Older miniatures in the series can be bought as an add-on. Comments on previous kickstarters are pretty positive, apparently the casts are good, they're well packaged and sent out on time.
      More pictures and videos on the KS page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1615588135/les-muses-lady-godiva-and-the-mirror

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)