Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

Just now, Gargs said:

I'm hoping that they're coming in further stretch goals, but yeah, it is a tad surprising. They could have made 2 or 3 of the knights female for instance, or two of the wizards, etc.

With the guards down, how can you tell? Decent armor doesn't usually show anything interesting. :/

• Like 7

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Guindyloo said:

Let's not repeat outrage for outrage sake here.

Outrageous! :poke:

I am quite happy to see that the female crusader/templar made it into the core set.  I've been wanting her in Bones ever since I realized she was wearing the same gear as the boys in the Crusaders add-on in Bones III.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, moose_shepard said:

I assumed that too, but the fire giant is holding on to the dog's chain. I hope they can be detached, as it will make a difference on whether I pledge for it as well.

Mod with Magnets ^_^

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Last Knight said:

Mmm, mmm. That's some good irony.

Irony fortified. ::P:

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

indeed, i am a fan of reaper, but also would love more gender diversity in their figures

I think my appreciation of Reaper is a known quantity and that it may be taken into account when I make the observation that at the moment the gender ratio is way off, which is unusual for Reaper.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

With the guards down, how can you tell? Decent armor doesn't usually show anything interesting. :/

I could paint #58, 59, and 61 as Pathfinder Gray Maidens. Need cloaks  and helm plumes though.

The other two don't have the right helms for it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, trappleton said:

It is possible for a person to be a big fan of Reaper while still saying they'd like to see more badass ladies. Nothing wrong with that.

BTW, I saw some people were asking -- the FAQ confirms that some Expansion Sets are coming:

Indeed. I tell Reaper of my disappointment because they have a good track record of paying attention, and I respect them as a company. I trust them to do better in the future. I still like the male figures. 

We aren't "losing our minds". We are pointing out a flaw. 

• Like 7

FWIW, I make it 17 M : 7 F, counting both the hill giants, two armored figures where you can see part of their faces, and Narglauth as male. But then I refuse to speculate on the goblins or anyone with full armor where you can't see any part of their faces. To get to the ratios reported here, you have to assume that any humanoidish figure where you can't positively identify the sex must be male.

One of those assumptions is sexist; I'll let others decide which.

• Like 2

My point being, we're under 5 hours into a 30+ day campaign that is sure to reveal many, many things of all genders. I don't think it's worth getting outraged over at this point. But that's the last I'm commenting on this subject since I've already been fussed at.

• Like 8