ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

2 minutes ago, Fire_Eyes said:

Me! I've been watching every unboxing video that I can get my hands on

Same here! Especially with my Bones being “somewhere in the Pacific.”

• Like 8

Thanks everybody!  Hope I didn't bring anybody down.  Even though I'm in a lot of pain I'm back home and still excited for my package tomorrow

I may have to have the kids open everything which they would love.

• Like 20
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Thanks everybody!  Hope I didn't bring anybody down.  Even though I'm in a lot of pain I'm back home and still excited for my package tomorrow

Good to hear you are home. Good luck and hope you pass it soon. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I hope you feel better soon! I remember reading riding roller coasters can help pass kidney stones. Wish they had that option to offer at hospitals!

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

On 4/11/2019 at 11:54 AM, TheMandolin said:

I should have gotten that skeleton dragon. I keep seeing photos and I want one now. 

I didn't think I wanted one but that is a nice dragon skeleton.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Talae said:

It would be rather funny if there was a Red Deer, California. 

Funny you should mention the mix up. I have students doing points on a map and mixing up British Columbia for California. D'oh!

Glad @NecroMancer is on the way to recovery!

Update: chicken hut took a tumble. Slight forward lean became somersaulting lean off windowsill onto couch. Barely visible leg bend but it is there. Going to have to try repositioning legs or getting rid of them. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

No worries man - kidney stones suck!  BTDT, rather not do it again!

• Like 6

Today's observations from examining my Fan Favorites expansion:

• The 'good' cavalier's lance arm looks misshapen. I don't think it's miscast, but it looks odd. His shield on the other hand, though small, is a nice flat canvas with potential.
  • Loving the mystic portal! :wub:
  • Chaos toad brawler. Nice touch on the claws.
  • Female efreeti: her head is really difficult to assemble. I can understand why monthly Bones Black version came pre-assembled in this case.
  • Zombie shark: I think I'm missing a fin (empty slot).
  • Crab man: assembling the legs clashes with one of the arms.
  • Dark dwarves smiter and enlarged smiter have different hammers? I still love the concept.
  • Giant rhinoceros beetle is arguably life sized!
  • For the most part, you can really feel the difference in the new improved Bonesium material. Much, much stiffer. There are a lot of creatures with spiky bits in this expansion set that really hurt if you hold them too hard. You can put an eye out with that snail! :zombie:
Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Pineapple said:

Is the portal multi-part or one solid piece?

Multi part.

• Flat base
  • Circle gate itself
  • Guardian dogs are in two parts each, with main body and one orb holding paw.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Talae said:

Phoenix, AZ would be good to be able to share with my gaming group.

I saw Phoenix go by a couple times today, but didn't snap a picture.  

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

Is the portal multi-part or one solid piece?

26 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Multi part.

• Flat base
  • Circle gate itself
  • Guardian dogs are in two parts each, with main body and one orb holding paw.

Is it translucent purple, or did that change?

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Is it translucent purple, or did that change?

It's all purple baby! (and not the sarcastic kind)

Considering all parts must come from a single mould, it's much simpler to do the whole thing in the same material.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

It's all purple baby! (and not the sarcastic kind)

Considering all parts must come from a single mould, it's much simpler to do the whole thing in the same material.

Seeing it worded that way, it popped in my head as "does my purple make you H**ny baby!" haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Well I got great news!  Here it is the day before I'm to get my Bones and I am making this post from the ER.  

Turns out I have a 4mm kidney stone.  I'll be going home tonight so I should be home for my package but it might hamper my unboxing experience. 

2 hours ago, Argentee said:

I hope you feel better soon! I remember reading riding roller coasters can help pass kidney stones. Wish they had that option to offer at hospitals!

I got those once. Not nearly as much fun as a Bones shipment. Mine took 5 days to pass and they weren't able to get it out in the hospital. It makes for an epic story now but this probably isn't the best place for it. What finally shook mine loose was riding horseback fast after some wild cattle.

Think I've finally examined everything. Only took a few hours a day for 3 days and it's possible I missed something. The only mistake I've found is the paint mix up. The frost giant ladies were the last thing I took out of their bags. I really like the huntress. Despite the controversy about how she turned out compared to the drawing she looks good. Need to finish off a few of the fast things I'm working on and then pick something to do a better quality job on. Starting to get tired of speed painting.

• Like 16