ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

Here you go!

Unassembled (based is slightly warped)

DLJhHJ3.jpg

Assembled with miniature size reference (right side guardian dog's paw wouldn't stay in place in dry fitting):

I8Axg6T.jpg

Depending on which side you're looking that gate from, the swirly flame thingy can give the impression that something is going in it, or coming out of it.

I may have to pick that up when it comes out in Retail. What are the dimensions of the base?

Also, excellent paint job on that miniature.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

hate to ask again, but I cant find the link that shows their fulfillment tracking.  Can anyone post again?

• Like 3

Mine isn't updating, it just says it left denton two days ago. I hoipe that  means it's just on a straight shot here with no stops ::P:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

Here you go!

DLJhHJ3.jpg

Assembled with miniature size reference (right side guardian dog's paw wouldn't stay in place in dry fitting):

I8Axg6T.jpg

Depending on which side you're looking that gate from, the swirly flame thingy can give the impression that something is going in it, or coming out of it.

Oh my goodness... it's beautiful! @TaleSpinner you really outdid yourself in this! The purple just makes it better. 

Thanks @Cranky Dog ^_^ 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Mine isn't updating, it just says it left denton two days ago. I hoipe that  means it's just on a straight shot here with no stops ::P:

Mine got as far as Forth Worth yesterday at 1:00 AM and then stopped.  Do they not move stuff on weekend?

3 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Oh my goodness... it's beautiful! @TaleSpinner you really outdid yourself in this! The purple just makes it better. 

Thanks @Cranky Dog ^_^ 

Makes me want to make the whole structure look like it was carved from amethyst, and just paint the flames in the portal. 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 13

2 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Here you go!

DLJhHJ3.jpg

I8Axg6T.jpg

That's an awesome piece, glad I'm getting it.

I would love more Foo Dog/Dragon Lions, maybe I will pick up another set in retail for that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mine has reached Atlanta, GA.  Getting closer... 

Also you folks are the only ones who understand about the weight issues.  lol  Mine is 35 lbs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

If anyone sees Byron GA.  Could you snap a pic of Byron GA wave two?  I'll be at work all week and doubt I'll see it. I'm so excited!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Here you go!

DLJhHJ3.jpg

I8Axg6T.jpg

I wish it was clear instead of purple.  So I could stain it whatever color I want.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Mine got as far as Forth Worth yesterday at 1:00 AM and then stopped.  Do they not move stuff on weekend?

what's weird is that mine says denton oriigin, fort worth arrival, and the denton departure...

a32a8ec5b3acb80bda9f5790e8a22d37.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Base is 7.5 inch long, 1.25 inch wide.

Cranky's One Hour phot0 service at your disposal! (Is that still a thing?)

Izzy self-portrait and friend:

Female djinni:

Right arm, sword and base are separate pieces.

Thanks very much. Not loving the "uneven" nature of the base not comporting to a simple inch grid. Not the end of the world, but that's definitely going to have an impact on whether or not I wind up buying that in retail.

The female djinni has a big of an odd face, but overall looks good. I think she and the efreeti wound up with almost too defined facial characteristics, really. I love how her lower torso is a cloud, and how the lamp is sort of hovering in the air as she comes out of it.

Hoping Izzy gets the pewter treatment. I like the overall look of it, but wonder if it'd look better in metal...

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Like 3