ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

4 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

In other news, I'm still Wave 2. But! Game was cancelled (again <_< third week in a row) so I don't need the nagendra... yet... 

Ooof. I know how that goes. I only have 3 players in my game, and one of them is my wife, but we still get way too many cancellations.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

19 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

Couple questions.

Anyone have issues with certain super glues not working on the new minis? Tried my Bones glue and some older glue i got when starting the hobby in 2014. Neither really bonded and the glue was wet while on plastic for a long time.   Picked up some gel loctite and it was stuck in seconds.  Age of glue maybe?

On the t-rex... his back is like a lid.  Anyone think this was intentional so it could be used as a stash box? I see no other reason for it to be separate. 

Currently at table watching wife paint any adventurer from core and daughter working on a Rocky. I am trying to get more done on my pirate Sophie. 

Well, a T-Rex -does- have Swallow Whole as a feature. Now you can toss the PCs inside him!

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

14 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

In other news, I'm still Wave 2. But! Game was cancelled (again <_< third week in a row) so I don't need the nagendra... yet... 

Going on week 5 for me.  Hoping to start up again this week.  Hopefully with a full house.

Just now, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Well, a T-Rex -does- have Swallow Whole as a feature. Now you can toss the PCs inside him!

I dont understand that.  We've all see Jurassic park.  The t-rex....chews...ALOT...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

I dont understand that.  We've all see Jurassic park.  The t-rex....chews...ALOT...

Most monsters aren't really advantaged by using their swallow-whole abilities anyway. Usually, it just leads to them taking more damage from the lower ACs and stuff...

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Most monsters aren't really advantaged by using their swallow-whole abilities anyway. Usually, it just leads to them taking more damage from the lower ACs and stuff...

Unfortunately for 5E.  Its too vague on what you can and cant do while swallowed.  In the older days there was very little you could do inside a creature to cause damage.  Spell casting for example was almost impossible.  Which made being swallowed whole very detrimental.  Especially with acid damage on top of it.

• Like 9

What time does UPS stop delivering for the day?

Its only about 3:30 here but I'm getting impatient.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

what's weird is that mine says denton oriigin, fort worth arrival, and the denton departure...

a32a8ec5b3acb80bda9f5790e8a22d37.png

Mine left Ft. Worth at 11:01 PM last night, so we will not see another scan till it hits the next point in the route (which should be LAX or Ontario for me. Proilly Ontario CA)

16 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

could be as late as 9PM for me, usually before that though (my table saw for example got here at 6:01PM)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

7pm typically.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Did we ever get to see concept art/renders for the clan of the black bear figures from the lost valley expansion? I don't remember seeing any....

Would someone mind snapping a pic of them, please?

There are pics of the clan of the black bear here https://www.reapermini.com/misc/17033.jpg What they don't have is the Jade Fire tribe. If you want a pic of them I can get one. I don't know if I'll do anything with Warcheif Mumlak but man is that a big "mini". Mine's got a broken tusk but it looks easy enough to glue back together.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hungerfan said:

On the t-rex... his back is like a lid.  Anyone think this was intentional so it could be used as a stash box? I see no other reason for it to be separate. 

How big of a stash box are we talking about here? And how hard would it be to put a little hinge on it to store a set of very small dice?

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

How big of a stash box are we talking about here? And how hard would it be to put a little hinge on it to store a set of very small dice?

Maybe my great grandfather could have stashed his snuff in it.  Dice are not even close to fitting. 

1555195708896770255134.thumb.jpg.95dd6882973e839397a4876fd6a0f7f2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Maybe some really small dice...

25 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

My bones have made it to Ohio! Of course, I still have an expected delivery of Tuesday...but I'm still kind of hoping for an early delivery.

My Bones was in Cincinnati as of this morning. I live right across the river, but still have to wait until Monday, sadly. Waiting is the hardest part. Monday's going to be a rough day at work...

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

Maybe my great grandfather could have stashed his snuff in it.  Dice are not even close to fitting. 

Reveal hidden contents

1555195708896770255134.thumb.jpg.95dd6882973e839397a4876fd6a0f7f2.jpg

Hmm, how hard is the bones black material? could I drill a hole small enough to accommodate say an aquarium tubing? or possibly aluminum tubing, that could hold up to freezit spray??? Hmm, breath weapon ala Godzilla 1954:rock: 

9 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Maybe some really small dice...

My Bones was in Cincinnati as of this morning. I live right across the river, but still have to wait until Monday, sadly. Waiting is the hardest part. Monday's going to be a rough day at work...

Tuesday isn't going to be much better for me:( I may have to try a LIVE unboxing on youtube, if I do, i'll let you all know:) Is posting the link for it allowed? @Darsc Zacalcan you let me know?

• Like 7