ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

On topic, my package is drunkenly wandering the American mid-west, tracking says it will be delivered this Saturday. But, as it is UPS 'SurePost' I'm not 100% confident in that delivery date. Time will tell, they'll get here when they get there.

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Back in 1983, a pre-teen picked up two of my miniatures and started bashing them together - 'Look! They're fighting!' :blink::grr:

Thirty years later, that was the primary motive for investing in the first Bones KS....

The Auld Grump

Alright, I feel compelled to share my own story, but it is a bit different...

Back in the day, when I was the pre-teen ankle biter, my dad had a den/office where he worked on model tanks. Little me liked these tanks. Little me played with these tanks. And little me did not understand that the parts on the tanks were not meant to move... It wasn't until much later, when I was going into middle school that my dad realized that I wasn't a destructive little goblin anymore and he could once again work on his model tanks.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 7

23 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Going through to make sure there are no missing pieces 

behold the battering ham

38AD7B68-E2AB-44A1-A25C-6A309066DA89.jpeg

Troll: Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!

DM: Your mission is to rescue the pig.

Is anyone planning on NOT using the battering ham?

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

It’s here! My poor, little 4lb package finally made it home safe and sound. Everything is accounted for but unfortunately I did receive half of each paint set instead of a full set of B. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

Huhn. I have the wrong left hand for slinging porkers. 

(I have two left hands, but both of them only fit the boulder, they don't fit .. um.. well, it's the pig's bum end..  and I'm just going to stop now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Resetting the hut to stand upright was easier than I thought. You'll have no trouble with that part ::):

• Like 6

Our box arrived, yay!  ^_^  Unfortunately it contained paints labelled  2A and 2B, which is very much not the same as Paint Set B.  Reaper is going to have so many replacement paints to send out...  ::(:

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

I had no problem fitting into my box! 

20190417_172633.thumb.jpg.8480caa2d6bd4081dbd2a7bbab18681f.jpg

:upside:

Also I think the reason the huts ran out first was because there was a mass break-out and they are now living wild on Reaper's rooftop.

Photo evidence:

20190417_173610.thumb.jpg.81958727741098063c4a88b60e5f7e1a.jpg

Yes, those are talons sticking out of the side. They are quite pokey. 

As reported by others, the legs are quite permanently attached to the bottom. If I didn't know it came in two parts I'd swear it csme out of the mold in one piece it's so snug. I doubt even heating the hut/cooling the legs would do the trick, there's a fair bit of glue in there. :( I'll probably build a little hill base for it to hide the legs and look innocent up until it starts chasing people. :lol:

I'll use that trick to reset the toes to their normal flat configuration, though. My hut is currently falling-down drunk:

15555489427971416507509.thumb.jpg.61488afbd62ebc34de8a1e34637d3d02.jpg

Alrighty, time to start on the large-scale inventory (aka did all the packs make it?). 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Thanks to your extremely well executed post I now have an indelible image in my head of a Conex Box  making it's way towards Denton on hundreds of Chicken Hut feet.

GEM

Hmm.....

Modern Scenics Conex Box with Chicken Feet anyone????

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Thanks to your extremely well executed post I now have an indelible image in my head of a Conex Box  making it's way towards Denton on hundreds of Chicken Hut feet.

GEM

Hmm.....

Modern Scenics Conex Box with Chicken Feet anyone????

I suppose, if The Luggage is a Pokemon, it's second evolution might be a Conex...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Hold up. Do you use part of a castle as a DM screen? If so... holy mother of immersion:wow:

The room also kinda looks like you're playing inside a old school European inn. Talk about setting an atmosphere. Beautiful game area!

Oh, I finished checking the contents of my pledge and the only thing out of place was the paint mix up many others have seen. I added paint set B and got half of B and half of set A. Sent Reaper an email about the mix up this afternoon and they already sent me a tracking number. I honestly have no idea how they can find the time to respond so fast. Reaper's customer service is as astonishing as always.

*rushes back to page 1044 to try and catch up*

I'm pretty sure Fat Dragon Games makes a 3-D printable castle DM screen nowadays. It's got dice towers in the parapets.

• Like 5

I there a 'known issues' list?

I know about the paints

the turtle flying stand

Anything else I should be looking out for?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SamuraiJack said:

I know about the paints

the turtle flying stand

It seems a lot of people have been missing Mossbeard. I wasn't one of them, but there have been repeated reports.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

I know about the paints

the turtle flying stand

AWOL Mossbeard

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
Curse You Typo Monster!
  • Like 3