Jump to content

ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

 

THAT! Is NOT COOL!

 

I want to cut the legs off and create a Necromancer's / Vampire Mansion, the gibbet can't hang under the house then.

It should be on the original location.

 

So now I will need to glue that, maybe use a little greenstuff to keep it attached?

 

Here's a better pic of the peg/post:

20190417_233144.thumb.jpg.ddbdf9d4f8cc0df8bdc51f237e3144fe.jpg

 

The attachment point is tiny enough that I'd be concerned about whether it would stay put with just glue. If it will just be used for display, that would probably be fine, but for gaming I'd want a stronger connection for it. It might work to build up that area with a little greenstuff just to strengthen that point. 

 

In all honesty, the various issues aside, the Hut is a gorgeous piece. The detail on it is fantastic, the way it's sculpted with the weight shifting from one foot to the next with the accompanying tilt of the house, and I love that it has multiple places where a mini can stand (Sir Forscale fits on both porches but his sword is about half an inch too tall). It looks like it will be a ton of fun to paint. :wub:

 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OneBoot Thank you.

I will use some green stuff to create a little rope then.

 From what I have seen so far it IS a lovely hut.

 

When I saw the concept art I already knew I wanted it to be a Necromancer/Vampire's home.

That gibbet is a big part of setting the scene, I'm not happy they changed the position on that one.

It will be an easy fix in the end I guess.

 

I will also use some of the Bones III Graveyard Fence and some tombstones for the "garden"  and then I could use it as a nice backdrop setting for taking pics of painted Undead and such.

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

THAT! Is NOT COOL!

 

I want to cut the legs off and create a Necromancer's / Vampire Mansion, the gibbet can't hang under the house then.

It should be on the original location.

 

So now I will need to glue that, maybe use a little greenstuff to keep it attached?

Good luck on getting the legs off. I tried as I was simply wanting a spooky house. Gave up on that. Too bad cause the house itself looks great.

 

Also wish they hadn’t preassembled the gibbet. That’ll be fun trying to paint the inside of.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Good luck on getting the legs off. I tried as I was simply wanting a spooky house. Gave up on that. Too bad cause the house itself looks great.

 

Also wish they hadn’t preassembled the gibbet. That’ll be fun trying to paint the inside of.

 

The gibbet coming preassembled makes painting a bit more difficult.

My idea how to do this,

Paint the whole darn thing bone colour, give the inside a brown wash and the skelly will be done, the paint the parts of the gibbet itself in metal.

Any stains , cover in blood and or moss to show the decay/death of the poor person inside.

 

As for removing those legs.

I will use a saw that cuts through metal, that should do the trick.

If needed I will put the hut on a thin base.

 

I'm pretty good at destroying things, those legs will come off one way or another.

I understand that sometimes during kickstarters changes are made to concept arts or design.

In this case I would have prefered to stay with the intention of removable legs and keep that gibbet where it was shown first.

In the end it will be a minor nuisance and this hut is good value, it just would have been easier.

 

*** Sharpens Axe, just in case the saw won't work baby...***

  • Like 10
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blargestwhelp said:

I haven't noticed if anyone else had this issue, but weren't we supposed to get 50ish 1inch bases, at least that is what they KS image shows. I got 3 large bases and 6 small ones, and yeah I see 3 of each barrel in the pic but only got 2 of them. Everything else seems to be in order.

 

I didn't count, but I did get a bag full of bases, probably around 50. You definitely should have gotten more than a few.

4 hours ago, OneBoot said:

 

Here's a better pic of the peg/post:

20190417_233144.thumb.jpg.ddbdf9d4f8cc0df8bdc51f237e3144fe.jpg

 

The attachment point is tiny enough that I'd be concerned about whether it would stay put with just glue. If it will just be used for display, that would probably be fine, but for gaming I'd want a stronger connection for it. It might work to build up that area with a little greenstuff just to strengthen that point. 

 

In all honesty, the various issues aside, the Hut is a gorgeous piece. The detail on it is fantastic, the way it's sculpted with the weight shifting from one foot to the next with the accompanying tilt of the house, and I love that it has multiple places where a mini can stand (Sir Forscale fits on both porches but his sword is about half an inch too tall). It looks like it will be a ton of fun to paint. :wub:

 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D

I'll have to go digging through the box, i don't even remember seeing the skeleton add on. Of course I was distracted by the huge hut.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Evilbookworm said:

Hey, quick question.  How are you guys tracking this?  Where you know if yours has shipped, the weight, which wave they're on, etc?

The tracker that shows what wave they're on is here:

forum.reapermini.com/ks

 

I found the weight of my package in my tracking information from UPS once my package had actually shipped. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stream of them working in the warehouse was everything I wanted and more. In fact even if they don't do another stream today it will be playing in the background as I was the ticker...heck might even have it playing on the weekend when the ticker isn't even moving :P

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Finished with the Fan Favorites box, but way too tired now to make that post; I'll do it tomorrow. Only thing missing is the Djinni's lamp, which I like enough as part of the mini to add to my list of missing stuff.

  Reveal hidden contents

BOX. 

20190418_015228.thumb.jpg.872a0a931da2024d4761929c01663a71.jpg

Pieces! 
20190418_015601.thumb.jpg.3a9a472934904c4fc4054e4a079d5237.jpg

Pictures do not adequately capture how freaking ginormous these wings are. I thought Ma'al Drakar's wings were big; these are BIGGER. :wow: Note: my hands are not small. 
20190418_015726.thumb.jpg.bb8d22d9313a4ab2fd51ef4a2ee5a1d8.jpg

They also weigh a galumphing TON. :blink:They are easily the heaviest part of the mini, and I fear that I will end up having to pin the things because I doubt that the connections will hold otherwise. I'm also afraid that, since they're so heavy, they will end up drooping to the ground. Only time will tell, I suppose. 

Left side assembled except for wings:
20190418_020052.thumb.jpg.061bea86be154759cab58cc8f4ca80a2.jpg

Right side assembled except for wings:
20190418_020016.thumb.jpg.7274478006d0c354fe5322179aead6a3.jpg

Dragons look really weird proportionally without their wings on. :lol:

With wings (held) on! (and Sir Forscale, who can never resist the opportunity to ride on a dragon's head :lol:):
20190418_020214.thumb.jpg.9108504b87b58bde72a08585f2958793.jpg

20190418_020255.thumb.jpg.8cc89a2590967ac2382554e4f67aa884.jpg

20190418_020329.thumb.jpg.bd9ed6953de0756ef1340a4ecd4c0f69.jpg

 

Did it snap off?  The lamp is molded onto the mini as part of the wisps of smoke at the bottom.  I didn't even notice it the first time I looked at her.  Ours does have some stress whitening/cracks where it meets the smoke though...it's clearly been bent during shipping or packaging.  I could easily see it snapping off with too much jostling.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Also wish they hadn’t preassembled the gibbet. That’ll be fun trying to paint the inside of.

 

Aw man, hadn't thought of that.  That's going to be an interesting challenge. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone provide some links to "storage" that they are using for their bones? I live in the UK but could easily work out something from American links etc :) 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nimphona27 said:

Can anyone provide some links to "storage" that they are using for their bones? I live in the UK but could easily work out something from American links etc :) 

 

I use several of these in different sizes.

Put the boxes and bags in there and those are in my garage.

 

 

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor plastic container

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OneBoot said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

BOX. 

20190418_015228.thumb.jpg.872a0a931da2024d4761929c01663a71.jpg

Pieces! 
20190418_015601.thumb.jpg.3a9a472934904c4fc4054e4a079d5237.jpg

Pictures do not adequately capture how freaking ginormous these wings are. I thought Ma'al Drakar's wings were big; these are BIGGER. :wow: Note: my hands are not small. 
20190418_015726.thumb.jpg.bb8d22d9313a4ab2fd51ef4a2ee5a1d8.jpg

They also weigh a galumphing TON. :blink:They are easily the heaviest part of the mini, and I fear that I will end up having to pin the things because I doubt that the connections will hold otherwise. I'm also afraid that, since they're so heavy, they will end up drooping to the ground. Only time will tell, I suppose. 

Left side assembled except for wings:
20190418_020052.thumb.jpg.061bea86be154759cab58cc8f4ca80a2.jpg

Right side assembled except for wings:
20190418_020016.thumb.jpg.7274478006d0c354fe5322179aead6a3.jpg

Dragons look really weird proportionally without their wings on. :lol:

With wings (held) on! (and Sir Forscale, who can never resist the opportunity to ride on a dragon's head :lol:):
20190418_020214.thumb.jpg.9108504b87b58bde72a08585f2958793.jpg

20190418_020255.thumb.jpg.8cc89a2590967ac2382554e4f67aa884.jpg

20190418_020329.thumb.jpg.bd9ed6953de0756ef1340a4ecd4c0f69.jpg

 

 

And of course, I simply could not resist getting a few action shots of my two hugantic dragons establishing their territory and relative dominance (Ma'al doesn't seem too keen on this interloper lol). 

20190418_020950.thumb.jpg.3301e130b49742591298f9fb88787e1d.jpg

 

20190418_020936.thumb.jpg.ee1d5284c5ab126efde279417d558cf4.jpg

 

20190418_021157.thumb.jpg.872054706d47c46dd3d7fdef5a34d52b.jpg

 

I'm sure they'll work it out. Eventually. ^_^

 

Argent is certainly a very impressive beastie. Not my favorite out of the collection (herd? gaggle? argument?) of dragons I have, but he will make a striking addition to my shelf when he's done (after I decide how I'm going to paint him, since metallic is kind of already taken lol). 

 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D

Wasn't Argent supposed to be bigger? "12" high!" It's hard to tell scale from here, and my Ma'al is currently at my DM's house so I can't look at him right now for a better idea.

 

Thanks for any info.

 

Also, that is a beautiful paint job on Ma'al!

Edited by Btass
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/263291121/desktophero-free-3d-printable-character-maker?ref=nav_search
    • By haldir
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/266656159/bestiary-3d-printable-models
       
      As I backed Brayan's previous KS but never got my files (I got a email in regards to this KS) but a quick email response & I had my file that I backed + a bonus file. Love the look on the minis. The goblins can be new PC gobs for ReaperCon We Be Goblins. Love the Oriental dragon as well.
    • By Talae
      The Stygian Depths - Lost Temple of Xibalba, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/524168246/the-stygian-depths-lost-temple-of-xibalba
    • By TDG
      Hello guys hope all are well, I'd like to show you my project for 3D printable miniatures that I have just launched;

      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/568025447/3d-printable-miniatures-for-tabletop-and-rpg-games?ref=9faem8
       
      They are a selection of 6 models inclduing a Dragon, Drake and Kirin with a forest/woodland theme along with a Dragon head dice tower, all the best guys



    • By Lidless Eye
      Seeing as there wasn't a thread yet, I wanted to share another project that just hit Kickstarter, "DEPTHS OF SAVAGE ATOLL"

      It's a great project I was happy to be involved with, doing some of the FDM print testing.  Everything looks great and prints well!

      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ecaroth/depths-of-savage-atoll-3d-printable-tabletop-model/description
      Welcome to "Depths of Savage Atoll" - an island chain on the edge of the world where the currents of the ocean, waves of the sea, sands of the beaches, and old-growth of the jungle are all teeming with life, adventure,  and countless dangers.
      Enrich your tabletop RPG or wargaming experience with 3D print-ready minis, monsters, terrain, and buildings from island, nautical, and undersea environment.
       
      This Kickstarter provides character minis, monsters, scatter terrain, buildings, and more for you to produce at home on your FDM or resin 3D printer. Rewards are for digital STL files to print the products shown and described in this campaign. Rewards are split into two categories: Scatter, and Minis - designed to be used together or independently, and all for normal tabletop gaming scale (28-32mm).
       



       
       
       
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 0 Anonymous, 136 Guests (See full list)

×