ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

7 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Yeah, but this is a pretty major loss. He's supposed to be Bahamut vs Ma'al Drakar's Tiamat. Being significantly smaller than her is not what I bought him for.

Edit: This is definitely one of those times where clear communication or explanation from Reaper would be appreciated... I wonder if it's worth emailing Reaper's Help line about this at all...

Not to mention that a price was set for 4 more inches of material.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Back on wave 2? Odd.

I think that means the new shipment is in and they've reset the queue?

• Like 2

I was quite surprised by the thickness of Argent's wings. He's overall quite a bit chunkier than other dragons of his general dimensions. So if they didn't have time to redesign some parts to require less bulk, the sheer quantity of plastic required to upscale him by 50% (8 inch height vs 12 inch height) might have been a contributing factor.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

the lean on the rex just means the diorama i wanted to do, and the reason i bought a extra rex and thunderhoof, isn't feasible anymore :huh: so i'll just have 2 of each for gaming if husband ever needs big dinos i suppose

it'd have saved me some money to know i wouldn't be able to do the diorama and to not have bought 2 ::P:

but you are a sculptor, just fix it.  You have the chops to repose it to darn near anything.  Don't Fear the Scalpel!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cintra said:

I was quite surprised by the thickness of Argent's wings. He's overall quite a bit chunkier than other dragons of his general dimensions. So if they didn't have time to redesign some parts to require less bulk, the sheer quantity of plastic required to upscale him by 50% (8 inch height vs 12 inch height) might have been a contributing factor.

It should have been made clear in updates. I bought it specifically to be the opposite of Ma'al Drakar. Now he's smaller than T'raukzul. I bought one as a gift for a friend, and it's probably fine as that, but I bought a second one specifically to sit opposite Ma'al and he's going to be too small. I'm actually really disappointed with this. Especially considering how darn big other pieces, like Mossbeard, are, the fact that they made this one significantly smaller than he was advertised is really frustrating. If the wings were too thick to be able to do it, there's a much better solution than to shrink it by 33% - just make the wings thinner. It's not like that's an impossibility based on prior Bones Dragons.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Back on wave 2? Odd.

15 minutes ago, Spodi said:

I find it highly unlikely a Container of anything has moved from the west coast to Texas and been unloaded, sorted, and made ready for order packing.   But I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised today or tomorrow. 

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

How do you do that? Can you actually change it from what it currently says (like mine, which says Godlike)

Yes, but only if you have already attained "Godlike" status. Conveniently, ....

Go to Account Settings, Other Settings>Edit Profile. It's the first field.

• Like 4

The engineering of the Hut is puzzling. (A flat bottom on the Hut and flat tops on the legs...FTW?)

1 hour ago, Zink said:

That leaves me even less hopeful about having attachable/detachable legs. It's possible to pin something like that but would be a hassle especially if I want them non permanent. 

Magnets...

58 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

Actually, with the recesses like that, you just need to glue some rare earth magnets in the hut and the legs and you're all set.

Yes. This ^ exactly. Or washers and a sheet of flex magnet sign. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

It should have been made clear in updates. I bought it specifically to be the opposite of Ma'al Drakar. Now he's smaller than T'raukzul. I bought one as a gift for a friend, and it's probably fine as that, but I bought a second one specifically to sit opposite Ma'al and he's going to be too small. I'm actually really disappointed with this. Especially considering how darn big other pieces, like Mossbeard, are, the fact that they made this one significantly smaller than he was advertised is really frustrating. If the wings were too thick to be able to do it, there's a much better solution than to shrink it by 33% - just make the wings thinner. It's not like that's an impossibility based on prior Bones Dragons.

Yeah, that's also pretty disappointing. We bought Argent for the exact same purpose and understood that he would be equal to Mal.

PSA folks: when talking about storage, remember that commerce links are not allowed!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Inarah said:
38 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Back on wave 2? Odd.

25 minutes ago, Spodi said:

I find it highly unlikely a Container of anything has moved from the west coast to Texas and been unloaded, sorted, and made ready for order packing.   But I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised today or tomorrow.

It could be they found one box of Trees or a couple of Huts that got shoved behind something. (Ooops!) Then they used them to fill a few of the set aside orders. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, TGP said:

The engineering of the Hut is puzzling. (A flat bottom on the Hut and flat tops on the legs...FTW?)

Magnets...

Yes. This ^ exactly. Or washers and a sheet of flex magnet sign. 

I'm not sure where you're seeing this?  From the cut pieces it's quite obvious that there are sockets in the hut and "pins" for the legs, not flat mating surfaces...

Given the apparent weight of the hut, I have my doubts about flex sheet magnets having enough power for the job.

Edited by Mckenna35
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

It could be they found one box of Trees or a couple of Huts that got shoved behind something. (Ooops!) Then they used them to fill a few of the set aside orders. 

Could also be address issues that people have emailed in and resolved. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

Given the apparent weight of the hut, I have my doubts about flex sheet magnets having enough power for the job.

I think I would use two pairs of 3/8" cylinder x 1/4" thick (approximate) neodymium magnets per leg, installed with opposite polarity per pair. This should give you the holding strength for the hut and the opposite polarity pairs would index the legs correctly every time. Probably set the magnets in epoxy in the recesses on each side, place the legs in place for curing, and use wax paper to keep the legs from sticking to the hut until curing is complete.

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4