Jump to content

ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Could always light it the way I did my wraith:

927352334_77097gravewraithbasedandlightedposting.jpg.f9636ed3923062dda1c340d632385ef3.jpg

I thought about the electric tea lights as well.  That seems to provide enough light through the piece to really improve the contrast for photography.

GEM

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far my experiment seems to be working. The dragons now face each other instead of the wings. We will see if they reset over night

298139B8-77B7-4D20-9663-D767614B2A4A.jpeg

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kro said:

 

I gave it a shot (or two) :P

 

Ghost Pirates:

20190423_173838.thumb.jpg.dd8fd2dce83469e708f383b35fe1095e.jpg20190423_173901.thumb.jpg.3a2cd51cec902e311fcfc0b2f6dcf4ea.jpg20190423_173908.thumb.jpg.1670549d93706ecf5e92ff2671973971.jpg

 

Barge Crew:

20190423_174221.thumb.jpg.e58792a3c34acb26c0f885620559607f.jpg20190423_174132.thumb.jpg.96b1c1bfd04ef44f314f445ff79761f3.jpg20190423_174236.thumb.jpg.950b5a27f72c2e660ee1b960b4ed9af2.jpg20190423_174244.thumb.jpg.9b46580889376f2c4ab3b816d49b718e.jpg20190423_174258.thumb.jpg.4f5bba66f306f7fbf6aa96e17ff8383d.jpg20190423_174318.thumb.jpg.455f531d578b4a80801e140d52213cd9.jpg

 

 

 

Thanks, they look great!

 

It seems the crusader ghost has a different pose than he had in the concept art.

Nevermind it will still work for what I had in mind with this guy.

I have an idea for a little vignette.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ghost pirates looked really good in a video I saw. But taking pictures of them it always looks like a green mess. I'm sure all these models will be fine with paint or at least a wash.

 

On another note: why are ghosts green in the Bones line? Why not grey, white, clear, or idk, blue? Are green ghosts an American thing?

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

Thanks, they look great!

 

It seems the crusader ghost has a different pose than he had in the concept art.

Nevermind it will still work for what I had in mind with this guy.

I have an idea for a little vignette.

 

Whoops... I missed one! He literally fell off the backside of the barge and I didn't see him when I went and grabbed the rest of them for the picture: 20190424_065833.thumb.jpg.08bb311cc661349e518f6c805da28cbe.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Zink said:

 

Dreadmere was the set that interested me the most during the KS. It hasn't disappointed since I got it. I really like so many of the models in it. Out of the couple handfuls of minis I grabbed to work on first half are from Dreadmere. So many of them fit into the games I'm playing right now.

I wasn't that interested in Dreadmere, in fact I almost passed on it. I really wanted to see how the turtle turned out though, and now it's my favorite of the expansions in this kickstarter. The minis are all have a lot of character, they feel like they all have backstories related to living in a hard-scrabble coastal community of retired pirates and brigands.

 

And great timing for D&D fans. With the Ghosts of Saltmarsh adventure coming out next month I think the minis will get plenty of use. Of course the Stygian Barge expansion might also be useful...

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kro said:

Here are the Dark Elves:

 

20190423_223913.thumb.jpg.6e1c3fd4653f8dc3e3d2c12d6d493b10.jpg20190423_224058.thumb.jpg.56d692e635f99323b867e9cd1afebdf1.jpg20190423_223931.thumb.jpg.0667fd9fbf8fb5434331deed4b6d24b9.jpg20190423_223950.thumb.jpg.607d459aa48aefc6bc5e6a85805f17e2.jpg20190423_224002.thumb.jpg.7abef39e55f850a0f2f06707091d8b66.jpg20190423_224026.thumb.jpg.341f9263bea0d646cb377cfd4ed3817b.jpg

 

Sweet! Thank you! The Spider Throne is perfect. Im going to be delving into the underoerth and the Drow soon.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Suden said:

I wasn't that interested in Dreadmere, in fact I almost passed on it. I really wanted to see how the turtle turned out though, and now it's my favorite of the expansions in this kickstarter. The minis are all have a lot of character, they feel like they all have backstories related to living in a hard-scrabble coastal community of retired pirates and brigands.

 

And great timing for D&D fans. With the Ghosts of Saltmarsh adventure coming out next month I think the minis will get plenty of use. Of course the Stygian Barge expansion might also be useful...

 It reminds me a lot of that swamp village in the first Witcher game. Also it had me at the boat.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nunae said:

The ghost pirates looked really good in a video I saw. But taking pictures of them it always looks like a green mess. I'm sure all these models will be fine with paint or at least a wash.

 

On another note: why are ghosts green in the Bones line? Why not grey, white, clear, or idk, blue? Are green ghosts an American thing?

 

 

15.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect that green ghosts may have become a thing because of the Army of the Dead in the LotR movies.

Spoiler

de-1420815-1080x675.thumb.jpg.99cb33527ee05062eebb33befd3225cd.jpg

 

Edited by alchemist
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jason Zavoda said:

 

Sweet! Thank you! The Spider Throne is perfect. Im going to be delving into the underoerth and the Drow soon.

 

Agreed, the throne is excellent, but I find the Queen to be a little... tame. I hope to find a more flamboyant (and less heavily attired) replacement.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bojesphob said:

Actually, you could do what I do: do a light wash of green/blue green (GW has some really nice technical paints just for that), let it dry, then do a really light couple of dry brushes of green over top. I've got a step by step with one of the translucent wraiths from Bones 1 somewhere if you want to see it. Turns out well!

 

And, I got my Bones today!! Already have the dinosaurs assembled, along with about half of the barge assembled as well. Even sat down with my 4 year old and showed her how to assemble the Rocky dragons (which she LOVED). Happy day!

 

I would love to see the step by step for that (if no one else has already asked...)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

 

Agreed, the throne is excellent, but I find the Queen to be a little... tame. I hope to find a more flamboyant (and less heavily attired) replacement.

 

There is a always the older metal version of a Dark Elf Queen on her throne from Reaper.

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor reaper dark elf throne

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the pic of all assembled bones 4.  Notice my Argent is about 12" tall.  And the sprue graveyard that the Roc et all are guarding. One of the dead superglue bottles is hiding but the 8 other bottle and one tube can be seen.

 

DSCN0339s.JPG

Edited by ttuckerman
more info
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

There is a always the older metal version of a Dark Elf Queen on her throne from Reaper.

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor reaper dark elf throne

 

16.jpg

2 minutes ago, ttuckerman said:

Here is the pic of all assembled bones 4.  Notice my Argent is about 12" tall.

 

DSCN0339s.JPG

 

Cool. How much glue did you use?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×