ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

By the way, for those who ordered them, Apparently the Trolls (the two headed troll specifically??) had issues with all the small fiddly parts being mispacked, so they will not be able to send out a replacement till fulfillment is complete:( FYI, in case you had a similar issue.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

By the way, for those who ordered them, Apparently the Trolls (the two headed troll specifically??) had issues with all the small fiddly parts being mispacked, so they will not be able to send out a replacement till fulfillment is complete:( FYI, in case you had a similar issue.

Im just surprised reaper is able to send out replacements for anything before they are done with the shipping. They are doing half days and still clearing about as many orders per day as I remember from previous kickstarters.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Did Buglips handle it at any point? That could be the cause of all of your problems. Or at least that particular clone of him.

If anything, that would help things bond.  I am quite sticky.  This is half of the reason I'm banned from all ball pits everywhere forever.  The other half is picking on people my own size.  Their parents get really really mad.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 16

I wonder how long it will be before Darsc Tiger creates a woes-with-glues thread. :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, TGP said:

I wonder how long it will be before Darsc Tiger creates a woes-with-glues thread. :ph34r:

I'm still waiting for him to make a "woe-with-fulfillment" thread, so all the issues are in one place:)

• Like 4

I got my Bones last week, and I've been itching to get working on them, but I haven't gotten around to setting up a work area at home yet. Probably have to wait until my kiddo's birthday party this Saturday, sadly.

• Like 4

WTH? They are still shipping today. I thought they were going to knock off for the day 2 hours ago. Passed the 2/3 mark,7357 orders  orders left, still working Wave 11.

Next milestones are Wave 12 and 3/4 completion at 5591 orders left.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Guindyloo said:

Yep, I scrub them with water and dish soap on an old toothbrush.

I think this is most likely the culprit; I don't appreciate whoever it was that cursed me and I hope they know what kind of bad gris-gris this is.

I've had luck with wiping down troublesome connection points with a bit of rubbing alcohol on a piece of cotton (ball, swab, pad). It dries lickety split. I use pointy tweezers and a bit of alcohol dampened cotton to clean out tiny holes if needed. I usually only do this for connections that have already failed to hold. It seems to help get a bond when normal Dawn & warm water washing doesn't clean it enough.

Gotta say, I never expected to see someone mention gris-gris on the forum. :lol:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I am still surprised by the amount of work people do with cleaning their Bones. I have been a backer since Bones 2, painted everything I got in Bones 2, almost all of Bones 3, and I've never once washed a Bones miniature before painting it. The only time I've painted washed Bones figs is during Reaper's speedpaint contests, and that's when I'm most likely to have trouble with paint adhering to the figure due to water getting in the way (they never seem to be dry enough). I honestly don't find any issues with unpainted Bones going straight under the brush.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I am still surprised by the amount of work people do with cleaning their Bones. I have been a backer since Bones 2, painted everything I got in Bones 2, almost all of Bones 3, and I've never once washed a Bones miniature before painting it. The only time I've painted washed Bones figs is during Reaper's speedpaint contests, and that's when I'm most likely to have trouble with paint adhering to the figure due to water getting in the way (they never seem to be dry enough). I honestly don't find any issues with unpainted Bones going straight under the brush.

Me, I think because I live in Florida and it is ALWAYS humid here, I have trouble with everything. Paint and glue both don't adhere as well, and they always take longer to dry. 3-5 second bond glues take more like 30-50 sec, paint is similar.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jason Zavoda said:

My Bones Are Here.

King Cobra was at the top of the box. Much heavier than expected and huge. Sweet!

King Cobra is definitely a chonky snake. I'm kinda curious how he compares to my ball python (pet lives with mom now though). I suspect his girth is real, but he's a shorty in comparison to a real snake. I'm a fan of this figure for sure. 

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

i always wash em.  prime em with army painter white (it works for bones). thin coat like normal.  then paint.  I find the thinner you paint with though, bones has issues without the primer.

For example, my "basecoats" are normally 5-6 layers.  more like 5-6 thicker glazes. very thin for a base coat.

doesnt seem to do well without primer on it.

sanjay

• Like 5