ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

It does seem possible that happened. Odd wording in the update if that is so, though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nunae said:

Here is to hoping my stuff is on the first ship.

I think I once read Matthew Clark posting on facebook about the second EU container also being shipped, but that's the only time I heard of it, so I forgot about it. But if they have enough stuff to work through until the second container arrives it realistically doesn't make a difference. Still sucks though, especially for the ones who drew the short straw and ended up on container two.

I doubt that they can keep going cause the second one is apparantly arriving roughly 2 weeks later and there really aren't that many packages. Remember they just have to send out, not pick, that is already done.

• Like 4

On 5/3/2019 at 5:43 PM, Beagle said:

Nice.

We don't talk for a year and you hit me with this. I'm volatile at the moment,  any minor provocation could set me off, and you hoping my package is delivered last.....I just can't :down::down::down::down::down::rock:

I'm not really. I know how you colonials take everything at face value.

No Bones in this part of the UK yet.

It's how you know I still care. 

:wub:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Twenty-five pounds of Bonesy goodies!

The chicken-hut is pretty stable, and boy are those talons pointy.  Bonus in the paint department as I received both sets instead of just the new colors.    I didn't crack open the Dreadmere box or the Modern Scenics to review.  Most everything else was pretty good.

Most.

On the down side, Mumlak's adze/axe broke.  It looks like it should be an easy fix, while worth noting, it's not worth making a complaint.  My tusks and ears looked to be well done on him.  But, dang, he's huge.

I'm also missing the burning braziers for the cemetery posts.  I'll probably send the email off to Reaper tomorrow.  I almost hate doing it for just two packs of braziers.  Not bad, though, all things considered.

• Like 11

There were always two containers, I remember Matt posting on FB to say the second container had been packed and was on its way to the EU on the 28/29March :)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, strawhat said:

Twenty-five pounds of Bonesy goodies!

The chicken-hut is pretty stable, and boy are those talons pointy.  Bonus in the paint department as I received both sets instead of just the new colors.    I didn't crack open the Dreadmere box or the Modern Scenics to review.  Most everything else was pretty good.

Most.

On the down side, Mumlak's adze/axe broke.  It looks like it should be an easy fix, while worth noting, it's not worth making a complaint.  My tusks and ears looked to be well done on him.  But, dang, he's huge.

I'm also missing the burning braziers for the cemetery posts.  I'll probably send the email off to Reaper tomorrow.  I almost hate doing it for just two packs of braziers.  Not bad, though, all things considered.

I was also missing my extra x2 braziers. 

And I got an extra female Spartan instead of a male Spartan.

• Like 4

My paints were also messed up. Nothing missing, but they were all swapped around in the wrong boxes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Nimphona27 said:

There were always two containers, I remember Matt posting on FB to say the second container had been packed and was on its way to the EU on the 28/29March :)

I hang on this forum and read the KS updates. Most people would not know. All good though.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

Now, what to paint first?

I was just thinking it would be interesting to have a thread where everyone showed the first piece they painted from Bones 4, with a brief explanation of why they chose that figure to start with.

For me with was the Darkreach Giant Bats simply because I needed them to help complete my monster list for Ghost Archipelago.

• Like 10

Touchdown in the netherlands! Everything seems to be good, though won't have much time to spend time on the hobby unfortunatly. And loving the barge :wub:

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Maglok said:
On 5/5/2019 at 11:06 AM, Nimphona27 said:

I hang on this forum and read the KS updates. Most people would not know. All good though.

This. An offhanded remark by Matt in the comments of a FB thread or something about a second EU container being shipped isn't really ideal and warrants the criticism that this update is the first time most backers will hear about it. I read that post and still assumed there was only one, since all the updates and Reaper live videos spoke about the EU container, not multiple. Matt might as well have made a harmless error in communicating what was shipped that day in his FB post or made an error like confusing the AU container with the second EU or just mixed something else up.

Will be interesting to see if all the mainland EU packages are on the first container, since those were packaged and shipped when it was still unclear when and how the Brexit was going to happen and there was a heightened motivation to get them out extra quickly.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eglagrodion said:

Touchdown in the netherlands! Everything seems to be good, though won't have much time to spend time on the hobby unfortunatly. And loving the barge :wub:

Gefeliciteerd! I hope I get mine soon aswell, passed on the barge myself due to the size, still doubting if I should have xD it's just so awesome with the details, but yet still so large, and how often will it see use?

7 minutes ago, Nunae said:

This. An offhanded remark by Matt in the comments of a FB thread or something about a second EU container being shipped isn't really ideal and warrants the criticism that this update is the first time most backers will hear about it. I read that post and still assumed there was only one, since all the updates and Reaper live videos spoke about the EU container, not multiple. Matt might as well have made a harmless error in communicating what was shipped that day in his FB post or made an error like confusing the AU container with the second EU or just mixed something else up.

Will be interesting to see if all the mainland EU packages are on the first container, since those were packaged and shipped when it was still unclear when and how the Brexit was going to happen and there was a heightened motivation to get them out extra quickly.

I really wonder what's going on with it indeed. Abit more info about the second container would be greatly appreciated, hopefully someone at Reaper will update us one of these days.

• Like 6

The ones I really feel for are the Japanese backers. They have to wait for the container to get to Australia, get through Australian customs, then be shipped from Australia to Japan, then possibly clear Japanese customs. They may well be the VERY last backers to have their Bones in hand (not counting the gent that got deployed before his bones shipment arrived).

• Like 8

And the Chinese backers. Their Bones started out in China, but took a looooong trip before getting to them.

• Like 9