ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

My Bones have arrived! Just got a text from my housemate saying that we have a 38 pound box of Reaper goodness sitting in the living room ::D:

I cannot get home fast enough!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kristof65 said:

So I haven't been paying attention lately - so I'm going to ask before I go searching for an answer or bother Reaper. 

I was missing a couple small things in my Wave 1 order, emailed Reaper within a few days of receipt. Received a response back from them that they needed to wait until fulfillment was over before they could address my problems.  Totally understandable, and I'm cool with it. 

But wondering if they've given a timeline or mentioned how they're tracking these issues, and at what point should I be concerned and contact them again? There is no point in being a squeaky wheel when there is no need to.  I'm patient enough to wait months if I have to, but I also don't want to wait months just to learn that it got overlooked (as little things sometimes can) and I should have spoken up sooner.

On Reaper Live, Ed talked about the desk of the person who is handling SODs (Shortages, Overages, and Defects, IIRC) looking like an explosion in a toy factory. (To the point that their safety inspector gave them a requirement to correct the problem). They're definitely in process and definitely not complete. How long to wait before elbow joggling is not a question I can really answer, though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

On Reaper Live, Ed talked about the desk of the person who is handling SODs (Shortages, Overages, and Defects, IIRC) looking like an explosion in a toy factory. (To the point that their safety inspector gave them a requirement to correct the problem). They're definitely in process and definitely not complete. How long to wait before elbow joggling is not a question I can really answer, though.

Give it until the end of May. There are hundreds of emails to process (based on my time doing B2&B3 SODs) and the easy ones get caught quickly. The more labor intensive ones take longer.

Also review your initial email and reconfirm you sent all possible data needed to correct your issue. Email used in Pledge Manager, order number (one is enough), shipping address (if different than PM be VERY clear on that point), identify the model by part number as shown in the KS graphics, don't include attachments unless requested.  Be specific in the description of the issue.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

I did receive a partial replacement order today. The other part is minor and I will give them a few weeks to catch their breath on taking care of the rest!

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 9

I also got a partial order Monday (well, they missed my gloom stalker entry, but with as big as this KS was, I understand), so quite happy everything is complete (and YAY! I now have both versions of the two headed troll!!)

• Like 8

I'm in the middle of painting Bufo, the toad/frog character from Dreadmere, and was wondering if anyone has painted him yet.  I'm having some sculpture interpretation problems.  For those that have the figure, does it appear that there are supposed to be shoulder straps on his packbasket, or are they just folds of skin around his neck?  If they are straps, where do they go; under his neck?  They do not appear to go under his arms like one would expect...  Or are there simply no shoulder straps...

And following on that, does he have a full tabard that goes up to his neck, or is it just an apron that stops at his waist?  If it goes up to his neck, here again, where does it connect around his neck?

Any help?

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 5

On 5/15/2019 at 1:07 PM, StarFyre said:

here are my raptors 2 of them.  not the sharpest detail but i dont expect that in bones.  still, i can clearly see the fingers, talons/claws, the bones for the joints (the bumps they make for the knuckles, etc) and the spines on the back.

IMG_20190515_130107.jpg

That's the level of detail I'm seeing on my Raptors. Just checked.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chris Palmer said:

I'm in the middle of painting Bufo, the toad/frog character from Dreadmere, and was wondering if anyone has painted him yet.  I'm having some sculpture interpretation problems.  For those that have the figure, does it appear that there are supposed to be shoulder straps on his packbasket, or are they just folds of skin around his neck?  If they are straps, where do they go; under his neck?  They do not appear to go under his arms like one would expect...  Or are there simply no shoulder straps...

And following on that, does he have a full tabard that goes up to his neck, or is it just an apron that stops at his waist?  If it goes up to his neck, here again, where does it connect around his neck?

Any help?

i do not see straps on his shoulders, so perhaps they go under his neck folds

the apron goes up around his head and ties around his waist, like a cooking apron

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:
3 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Any help?

i do not see straps on his shoulders, so perhaps they go under his neck folds

the apron goes up around his head and ties around his waist, like a cooking apron

Thanks, @Sirithiliel!   I'm going to have to assume then that the band around his waist, is actually the strap holding the basket pack since it has to be attached to him somehow.   Then the apron must disappear under the folds of his neck, though I don't remember seeing any of it around the back of his head...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Thanks, @Sirithiliel!   I'm going to have to assume then that the band around his waist, is actually the strap holding the basket pack since it has to be attached to him somehow.   Then the apron must disappear under the folds of his neck, though I don't remember seeing any of it around the back of his head...

i wouldn't be surprised if it was just forgotten.

My female minotaur has no straps holding her plate armor onto her legs either, they' just sit there magnetically i guess. I hand painted in straps for them. So it wouldn't be surprising if the straps were just forgottenIMG_1235.thumb.JPG.4de5a38417ac4ee35612347841785963.JPG

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i wouldn't be surprised if it was just forgotten.

My female minotaur has no straps holding her plate armor onto her legs either, they' just sit there magnetically i guess. I hand painted in straps for them. So it wouldn't be surprising if the straps were just forgotten

Hmmm... Yes I've been noticing a bunch of that kind of thing lately.  I've seen a couple swords that are just magically affixed to legs and butts.  I just assembled the Fan Favorites Genie, and her sword is just glued to her backside with no straps to hold it to her belt. And it looks in your photo like there are no straps holding the minotaurs sword to her belt.   (Also why did they flip the Genie's sword around and manufacture it so its connection point is upside down and backwards from the original art.  I had to slice the tab off in order to glue it on like it was originally shown)  

Is this straplessness a result of 3D sculpting, or just speedy sculpting...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Hmmm... Yes I've been noticing a bunch of that kind of thing lately.  I've seen a couple swords that are just magically affixed to legs and butts.  I just assembled the Fan Favorites Genie, and her sword is just glued to her backside with no straps to hold it to her belt. And it looks in your photo like there are no straps holding the minotaurs sword to her belt.   (Also why did they flip the Genie's sword around and manufacture it so its connection point is upside down and backwards from the original art.  I had to slice the tab off in order to glue it on like it was originally shown)  

Is this straplessness a result of 3D sculpting, or just speedy sculpting...

considering the level of detail some 3D sculpting prints with, i would go with speedy or just forgetting

• Like 5

Well, I got home to my Box o' Bones yesterday and then got called into work ::(: I've only had about 2 hours free time since then to check them out, but I'm very happy with what I've seen so far. Some of my random thoughts from this sleep deprived muppet-

Really like the Chicken Hut, far nicer than I was expecting.

I should've ordered more wraiths.

The detail looks much better in the Bones Black, it seems to make a real difference in the smaller minis :winkthumbs:

Argent is lovely, but his wings are kinda .....odd.

Dance of Death is possibly the most gorgeous mini I've ever seen.

Unfortunately, I'm missing the Zombie Dragon and some paints. I'll send an email once I've gone through everything else.

So, onto the important stuff- the cat photos!

As you can see, Kurogane was VERY excited about this new box

DSCN9876.thumb.JPG.89e9d127b6ef155b98e90018035a3602.JPG

The contents were inspected...

DSCN9894.thumb.JPG.fdc205f1861b94120ff0476ab8d5cd0e.JPG

....and the box was claimed

DSCN9918.thumb.JPG.7abfa46a96a052b83edbfa0625c26799.JPG

This was my best attempt at getting a picture of the box contents- Kitteh was not being helpful.  Not included is the 2 Argents, Chicken Hut and all the bases 

DSCN9959.thumb.JPG.5eb96b116162aafb95b9642cc2683c9b.JPG

Finally, Loki decided it was time to stress test a were-mammoth. It stood up to the chewing rather well.

DSCN9967.thumb.JPG.291dc19731b84ff5578f65b11e23ee2d.JPG

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

On 5/7/2019 at 10:04 PM, Phesic said:

Have a gate mark (maybe) on my snake mini.  Really like it otherwise but was wondering if this was just considered normal for the miniature?

IMG_5163.JPG

I do not remember that feature on mine. I will try to photograph him again, and from the same angle, so they can be compared. 

I am am not sure where he went after he escaped from the box...

CA3CA04C-FCFE-4293-9010-10EA873E68B3.thumb.jpeg.bd09d12ed13b121e4dd24efa09b9245e.jpeg

The bag is obscuring the detail in that area. 

• Like 4