ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I have the same gate on the cobra, and it will get the same treatment as Asuranshadow's (try to make it look like damage to the statue).

• Like 5

Pfft...

DPD had informed me that my Bones would be deliverd today.

While we would all be away, so I changed the delivery date to Tuesday ( Tomorrow).

I got a confirmation.

Guess what?

This morning youngest vixen was a little late and then my Bones arrived.

Lucky she was home to receive it.

Plus side - when I get home my Bones are waiting for me.

Down side- It is useless to change your delivery date with DPD even when they confirm this.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Is this straplessness a result of 3D sculpting, or just speedy sculpting...

I'd go with speedy.  Straps are amazingly easy to forget, especially when you are in a hurry.  When I was pounding out the turtle-folk last December, I nearly forgot 3 straps and it was only on review of the photos I was taking for the WIP that I noticed at all.

• Like 12

Anyone out there with just right hands for their two headed troll (throwing a rock or ham)? 

I got only left ones. 

• Sad 5

6 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Anyone out there with just right hands for their two headed troll (throwing a rock or ham)? 

I got only left ones. 

2 right hands and 2 left hands for me, contemplating what to do with this guy, keep the hands interchangable or just pick the rock or the pig and glue it solid.

• Like 4

2 more hours till BONES!!!

I mean, Honey..I'm home..let's have dinner, a good conversation, walk the dog, talk with the vixens and ignore that box for a while..

Or...:ph34r:

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4
  • Haha 12

8 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I got only left ones. 

Is... umm, what set is he part of?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

I mean, Honey..I'm home..let's have dinner, a good conversation, walk the dog, talk with the vixens and ignore that box for a while..

Now to choose, Bones first, or Game of Thrones finale... 

1 minute ago, TGP said:

Is... umm, what set is he part of?

Trolls add-on.

• Like 1

Just now, Venun said:

Now to choose, Bones first, or Game of Thrones finale... 

I actually collect these on DVD and won't watch that before I get the final set.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I got only left ones. 

I got 3 left & 1 right hand.

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Brutus.......make sure that you mark the box as yours. :devil:

• Haha 10

On 5/7/2019 at 10:04 PM, Phesic said:

Have a gate mark (maybe) on my snake mini.  Really like it otherwise but was wondering if this was just considered normal for the miniature?

IMG_5163.JPG

Cobra King has been found. Queueing side-by-side comparison. 

EB3E2685-FB57-49CE-AE42-6A19A258F12C.thumb.jpeg.91fd58fdf3460c827ac5278b934756df.jpeg

EF69F21E-8D15-4F59-AFBE-CECE446FDD1D.thumb.jpeg.fabe9790a5390f8e1ce6c8994bff359d.jpeg

It is there on mine also, but it seems less prominent? Snapped cleaner?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

i wouldn't be surprised if it was just forgotten.

My female minotaur has no straps holding her plate armor onto her legs either, they' just sit there magnetically i guess. I hand painted in straps for them. So it wouldn't be surprising if the straps were just forgottenIMG_1235.thumb.JPG.4de5a38417ac4ee35612347841785963.JPG

Just a note, some greaves (lower leg armor), especially bronze ones, were made without straps and used a spring-like effect in the metal to hold them in place.

b12731b.jpg

On the other hand, the ones on the model do not seem to have enough wrap to be that type. Armoring up and fighting in my personal rig has given me a LOT of insight into how things need to fit and be strapped in order to be functional. Also a lot of insight into the fact that MOST weapons on fantasy (and science fiction, looking at you GW and REAPER) miniatures are ridiculously oversized and would be completely unusable if made of mundane materials. Note that this is not a complaint, just an observation.

Untitled 10.png

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, TripleH said:

Brutus.......make sure that you mark the box as yours. :devil:

This Public Service Announcement brought to you by M.E.O.W.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Just a note, some greaves (lower leg armor), especially bronze ones, were made without straps and used a spring-like effect in the metal to hold them in place.

Interesting...I guess you put those on more like a boot?

Though I don't think the Minotaur's wrap around the leg far enough for that to have been the intent in this case...

• Like 8

The male ruler of hell has a strap that runs right through where his wing attaches. I'm planning to redesign that with some green stuff. 

• Like 5