ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

On 5/18/2019 at 2:23 PM, ladystorm said:

Give it until the end of May. There are hundreds of emails to process (based on my time doing B2&B3 SODs) and the easy ones get caught quickly. The more labor intensive ones take longer.

Also review your initial email and reconfirm you sent all possible data needed to correct your issue. Email used in Pledge Manager, order number (one is enough), shipping address (if different than PM be VERY clear on that point), identify the model by part number as shown in the KS graphics, don't include attachments unless requested.  Be specific in the description of the issue.  

Thanks. 

I knew there would be a lot, and i didn't want to add to the stack with what amounts to a virtual "Are we there yet?" from the back seat. I figured asking here would be helpful for everyone else as well. 

Since I handle US returns for my Canadian client and know how freaking frustrating it can be, I do try to make sure to follow a companies instructions to the letter, but I went back and reviewed my original email just to make sure I did this time as well, so I think I'm good there. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Interesting...I guess you put those on more like a boot?

Though I don't think the Minotaur's wrap around the leg far enough for that to have been the intent in this case...

Basically, but I have never been one to overemphasize reality when it comes to fantasy/sf gaming.

"Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel."

I REALLY try hard to not be that guy, the Napoleonic grognard who argues about Pembrige helms combined with Gothic plate in a fantasy army. To paraphrase a common saying, "It's a game, not a mace, don't let it hit you so hard".

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

On the other hand, the ones on the model do not seem to have enough wrap to be that type. Armoring up and fighting in my personal rig has given me a LOT of insight into how things need to fit and be strapped in order to be functional. Also a lot of insight into the fact that MOST weapons on fantasy (and science fiction, looking at you GW and REAPER) miniatures are ridiculously oversized and would be completely unusable if made of mundane materials. Note that this is not a complaint, just an observation.

Untitled 10.png

If you mean the alien on the right, I had assumed that they had some sort of a thick pressure suit thing going as opposed to solid plates. sort of like a jemhadar in a space suit although I guess that doesn't entirely make sense due to lack of helmet

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
  • Like 5

#318 is a Malvernis' warrior from CAV. 317 is a Rach warrior. But coming from the sci-fi perspective, even here in the 21st Century, lightweight materials are making huge inroads compared to weapons of the last centuries.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

About the Lord of the Jungle issue: I got confirmation that it was a mistake from Reaper. That it should had included a base, as shown on the box, but the file was somehow not received correctly by china and now all the sets have that issue. 

In my opinion, that's an incomplete set. It's not just lacking of part of its aesthetic value; without the base the figure is unbalanced, particularly due to the fact that the throne has a tab to fit on that unexistent base, and the creature's feet don't reach the ground. I know lots of stuff can go wrong on a KS as big as this, but this was an specific pledge, with the sculpt, not just concept art. So everyone who pledged should be given a refund, full or partial, just as if you buy a defective product. 

Edited by NyarlaBcn
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

About the Lord of the Jungle issue: I got confirmation that it was a mistake from Reaper. That it should had included a base, as shown on the box, but the file was somehow not received correctly by china and now all the sets have that issue. 

In my opinion, that's an incomplete set. It's not just lacking of part of its aesthetic value; without the base the figure is unbalanced, particularly due to the fact that the throne has a tab to fit on that unexistent base, and the creature's feet don't reach the ground. I know lots of stuff can go wrong on a KS as big as this, but this was an specific pledge, with the sculpt, not just concept art. So everyone who pledged should be given a refund, full or partial, just as if you buy a defective product. 

Or just shipped a 3d printed base. They have the file. Print it, cast it, and be done. Simple and reasonably inexpensive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Or just shipped a 3d printed base. They have the file. Print it, cast it, and be done. Simple and reasonably inexpensive.

Agreed. 

One or the other. 

And... I do realize - now I went back to the KS campaign - that the image they show to pledge on  was without that base. Yet, it was also of a Lord of the jungle with his feet on the ground.  And since their own design included it, and the miniature was built to include it... the point still holds. 

• Like 3

Well... official answer: they will issue a refund... if I return the miniature. And it's not to be expected a 3d print or a corrected figure to be released. 

Apparently it's just an inherent risk of the KS. Which may be true, but its not a really nice thing to do for a company as customer friendly as Reaper is. Quite disappointed. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

it is a risk of the kickstarter. It's just the like horse rider mini that ended up with the wrong arm and was never put into stores, or the mother and child who ended up without faces

it happens.

And it makes sense to me to either return it and get a refund, or mod it and make a base yourself to stabilize it. You still have the main part of the mini delivered to you, it's much different than if the mini was missing and the base was all you had

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

it is a risk of the kickstarter. It's just the like horse rider mini that ended up with the wrong arm and was never put into stores, or the mother and child who ended up without faces

it happens.

And it makes sense to me to either return it and get a refund, or mod it and make a base yourself to stabilize it. You still have the main part of the mini delivered to you, it's much different than if the mini was missing and the base was all you had

Well, yes. But again, that was a special pledge. I'm not sure about the knight, it may be too - not sure which one you mean - but if we were talking about some random mini amongst the hundreds of the core pledge, or among the Darkreach/Dreadmere expansions, fine: it happens. 

It's a special miniature though. It's just like Dance of Death or Baba's hutt. A special, specific miniature: and maybe it's just me, but that makes it all a bit different. 

But yes, I don't disagree: it's a risk we agreed on, it's not a vital part, and I do have the option to send it back. Yet I don't think it's... nice, or decent from Reaper to offer no other solution than that. That wasn't an ordinary KS: Bones (all KS bones) are amongst the most popular, overfunded, miniature based KS ever. Bones IV collected 3M$ from about 16K pledges. And that's the best they can do? a "send the mini back or deal with it"? ok. 

BONES IV DELIVERED AT WOOF HQ!

Inspected the suspicious parcel!

928303419_20190520_165926-kopie.jpg.5fcc9ca260a1373e04fe33b241902a3e.jpg

Wait for dad to open it.

1452086100_DSCN0710-kopie.JPG.22500d2c1b2576c559eaaba22b5272ca.JPG

Check content for danger.

219458408_DSCN0711-kopie.JPG.c765da645cd7ed3292a17001903795a6.JPG

REPORT:

One minor thing missing - the Djinni's lamp.

Will file a missing item mail for that.

Mumlak's weapon was broken but in such a way that I can easily fix it.

I ordered bases, but somehow I got more from one sort and less from others, no problem,

Also it seemed that I thought to buy a certain number of bases, but actually bought sets..

I now have enough bases to last me a lifetime..

All else is in order, even the flight pole for the dragon turtle was there.

@TaleSpinner That gate and those Chaos Toads are awesome sculpts!

Now to decide what to paint first.

I will probably donate a few things to a BOGW and sell some stuff I don't really need.

All in all awesome stuff.

Now to see if I can get a lamp for the Djinni.

Anyone else had this and received a lamp yet?

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

They did offer a solution...get a full refund, you just have to return the mini. If they don't have a mold for the base, they can't exactly print up hundreds of them and distribute them to people that had it. You still have the throne with the elephant on it, 98% of the mini is there for you to work with to stabilizeirt yourself. If you dont' want to, they did offer you a solution of sending it back adn getting your money back

i understand their position because you still have 98% of hte mini you pledged for, it's just missing a base. That's still the vast majority of the mini, and thus to refund it it makes sense to ask for it back in return

i guess we can agree to disagree, i can see their point in wanting the mini returned when all that is missing is a base. That's a lot of money for them to return to people AND let people keep the mini itself, when it is only missing a base. It makes snese, to me, to either let them keep the mini or ask for it back and issue a refund. 

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

One minor thing missing - the Djinni's lamp.

Will file a missing item mail for that.

The lamp is not a separate piece. It is sculpted at the very end of the Djinni’s cloud of smoke that makes up her legs. 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

They did offer a solution...get a full refund, you just have to return the mini. If they don't have a mold for the base, they can't exactly print up hundreds of them and distribute them to people that had it. You still have the throne with the elephant on it, 98% of the mini is there for you to work with to stabilizeirt yourself. If you dont' want to, they did offer you a solution of sending it back adn getting your money back

i understand their position because you still have 98% of hte mini you pledged for, it's just missing a base. That's still the vast majority of the mini, and thus to refund it it makes sense to ask for it back in return

Ok. So I guess If the rock cliff from Dance of Death was missing, since I would still have... let's say about 80% of the mini I would have the same solution: give the dragons back or build a base myself. I understand your point, I understand reaper's, I'm just saying I find it really lacking. Particularly given the miniature will be sold eventually on the site I assume, and according to what I've been told, sold without that base. If we were talking about just a base similar to that of the Tree of Despair, that can be displayed without any base, no problem. Here it unbalances the miniature. That's all. 

I really don't want to make it bigger than it is: I understand it. It's just not nice. 

3 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

The lamp is not a separate piece. It is sculpted at the very end of the Djinni’s cloud of smoke that makes up her legs. 

It is not there.

So that means they need to send me a new Djinni then?

The dress ends and there is a sort of pin at the end of the base, so miscast?

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5