Jump to content

ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Recommended Posts

At least the ship made it to port and didn't have to be sunk by a destroyer because a bug decided to make its nest in the cargo hold::o:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 2:04 PM, Kuroneko said:

 

On Reaper Live last night, they said that it was being delayed by Australian Customs having to fumigate the containers. Apparently the ship was infested with stinkbugs :blink:

 

 

 

Can someone explain to them that this is just a toy?

 

 

image.png.2e194e6af0fc5e9fee1d001c666ac0c7.png

  • Like 10
  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Might have been bugs on the ship and the customs folks decided that fumigating the exterior was a useful precaution, too. Australia has had serious problems with invasive species and they take prevention pretty seriously.

 

The marmorated stink bug is native to China, Korea, and Japan and has become a problem in the US over about the last 20 years. It is thought that the bug got here by hitching rides on cargo. There are apparently populations in Texas, so it's also possible that the bugs originated there if they're inside the container.

I live in KY, and we get stink bugs all the freaking time. They get inside the house, and they don't seem entirely afraid to just fly straight into your face for no good reason. I hate them so much.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a Bones 4 note, I got my email from Kitty saying that my replacements are on their way.  Probably here Tuesday or Wednesday.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else found that the snake statue is brittle? My son dropped it to a carpeted floor from a metre and the head snapped clean off. Seems a bit of an odd texture compared to the other models and very heavy. 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is Bones Black.  It is more brittle than Bones Classic but does not bend as much and hold more detail. All expansions and some addons where done with this.  It is also heavier.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Edsterdoom said:

Has anyone else found that the snake statue is brittle? My son dropped it to a carpeted floor from a metre and the head snapped clean off. Seems a bit of an odd texture compared to the other models and very heavy. 

I have found it definitely heavier, but I hadn't noticed it being brittle. I haven't dropped it, but I haven't exactly been gentle with it, either. You might have gotten some sort of miscast, maybe?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I have found it definitely heavier, but I hadn't noticed it being brittle. I haven't dropped it, but I haven't exactly been gentle with it, either. You might have gotten some sort of miscast, maybe?

Its not a miscast. The Bones Black material is known to be more brittle. If you read through the thread you’ll see several people have received various Bones Black minis with In transit breakage. Something very rarely seen with the original Bones plastic.

 

We get better detail minis, but at the cost of lessened durability.

  • Like 10
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:39 AM, Gadgetman! said:

Tracking now says my package left England yesterday, but isn't scheduled for delivery until the 31st. 

Also, it's 'Pining for the fjords, so excuse us if the package stays a few days in a location that doesn't make sense' PostNord that's supposed t do the deed here in Norway.   

The Pledge Manager links to UPS Interlink, which of course doesn't recognise the tracking code.   

 

 

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:25 AM, Gadgetman! said:

 

Jinxed it...   

Now the package is in Holland...   And delivery date is the 4th of june... 

 

My package has now reached the Norwegian terminal.  

Also, the tracking app says that it's only 8Kg...    

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

 

 

My package has now reached the Norwegian terminal.  

Also, the tracking app says that it's only 8Kg...    

 

 

Almost there!

Mine weighed almost 12 Kg.

 

Now to pledge for some painting time..

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zoroaster100 said:

Any news on timing for a Bones 5 Kickstarter or what might be in it?

Only that it will have its own thread to discuss, which won’t be this one.:rock:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Only that it will have its own thread to discuss, which won’t be this one.:rock:

 

 

Ah, nothing is as fun and as full of potential as a freshly minted Bones Kickstarter Enthusiasm and Commentary thread! ::D:

 

 If you want to get excited about a Bones Kickstarter, go back and skim through the first few pages of this thread... it really is a blast!

 

 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's something wrong here that's not entirely right...    

 

My phone just Pinged...   

There's an 8Kg package waiting for me at a local pickup point. 

TODAY!   

But it entered the country yesterday afternoon...   

And have been moved 500Km to a sorting center, then sorted and passed onwards the last 60Km... in less than 24 hours?   

Did they hire someone who's actually competent at the job?     

 

Oh well...  

It's only 1.5Km from there to home... uphill all the way, and I took the bus to work today...   

 

  • Like 10
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

There's something wrong here that's not entirely right...    

 

My phone just Pinged...   

There's an 8Kg package waiting for me at a local pickup point. 

TODAY!   

But it entered the country yesterday afternoon...   

And have been moved 500Km to a sorting center, then sorted and passed onwards the last 60Km... in less than 24 hours?   

Did they hire someone who's actually competent at the job?     

 

Oh well...  

It's only 1.5Km from there to home... uphill all the way, and I took the bus to work today...   

 

 

Hurray! Finally you get to enjoy the dozens of figures and glueing and washing! and finally painting! :D Good luck surviving the rest of your workday, haha. Gonna take off or sticking with it? :D

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×