ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

3 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Caveman fist fighting the sloth? Kind of like this barbarian punching a bear. :D

Khans-of-Tarkir-Art.jpg

Now that's just mean. Sloths are adorable and lovable. The giant sloth is obvious the tribe mascot. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Yeah, if I get just the parts of the core I really want it comes to $96. So the question is, do I want to pay the extra $4 for stuff I will probably never paint or use? 

Yes get it and maybe even do a quick rough paint job and give it to a kid in your family, maybe a friend or neighbors child.  I think some of mine will  be done like that.  I just have no use for some of the core at all but kids love stuff like that as a little gift.

• Like 7

Well, that squeezed another fifty dollars out of my whimpering wallet...::D:

Guess the dino-folk are going to stand in for Sleestaks, with one of those Chronoscope ones as the lost one from the deep past...

• Like 9

Numbers Based on 0400-0500 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today:    $15,932
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $109,935
Current Goal:    $2,135,000
Total to Next Goal:     $46,673
New Backers This Hour:     12
Gain in last Hour:     $2,973
Current Average Pledge:     $156.28
Average Hourly Backers Today:     10.2
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     13.5
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $3,186
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours:     $4,581
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour:     15.7
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg:     10.2

Current Total Pledges:     $2,088,327
Current Total Backers:     13,363
Previous Hour Total Pledges:     $2,085,354
Previous Hour Total Backers:     13,351

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Dai-Mongar said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm not overly enthusiastic about how they've split the core this time. I understand it, but I guess it just wasn't what I was expecting.

For example, I was looking forward to picking up the three demons from the Demons and Devils set but I actively dislike the minitaurs, Baba Yaga leaves me cold, and I already have two copies of the Chaos Warrior guy in resin.

Ahh well, more stuff to get at retail I suppose.

IMO, waiting for retail wont save you money. I'm pretty sure those demons will be at least $5 each retail. (wings tend to eat mold space)

• Like 3

Yep. The $15 Bones I demon set costs $12 + $13 : https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/demon bones/price/page2

For the sets that are similar in Bones III vs. Bones IV, it looks like you get about 50% more figures for the same price in Bones IV? (eg. Goblins, Villagers)

Paint sets are 10% less. 

My guess is that, since Reaper is charging US customers shipping, they can otherwise provide lower prices. as well as the dragon in the core set.

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 2

Numbers Based on 0500-0600 Reaper time today:
Total Gain Today: $16,370
Total Gain 24 Hours: $109,654
Current Goal: $2,135,000
Total to Next Goal: $46,235
New Backers This Hour: 2
Gain in last Hour: $438
Current Average Pledge: $156.29
Average Hourly Backers Today: 8.8
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 13.4
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $2,728
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $4,569
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 105.5
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 10.1

Current Total Pledges: $2,088,765
Current Total Backers: 13,365
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,088,327
Previous Hour Total Backers: 13,363
  • Like 3

Also not a fan of how they broke up the core. I was gonna get the smaller female demon, assumed she would be broken up with the two males. I can wait for retail. I had already estimated money for the chibi so that works fine.

Core is on only a value if you want what's in it. I ended up giving the vast majority of core from I and II to friends. Didn't bother with it in 3 or this one. 

• Like 5

From my viewpoint, the core split worked fine; I wanted the villagers and not much else, so I was happy to see the cart thrown in, rather than the original block fenced off as a unit as has been done previously. If I were new, of course, the core would be a fine start toward populating a D&D game...

• Like 9

I was hoping the bandits would be their own group... *Shrug* I kinda get why the sets are broken up like this though. Still getting an extra set of snake cultists.

Numbers Based on 0600-0700 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today:    $22,052
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $111,621
Current Goal:    $2,135,000
Total to Next Goal:     $40,553
New Backers This Hour:     20
Gain in last Hour:     $5,682
Current Average Pledge:     $156.48
Average Hourly Backers Today:     10.4
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     13.7
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $3,150
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours:     $4,651
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour:     7.1
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg:     8.7

Current Total Pledges:     $2,094,447
Current Total Backers:     13,385
Previous Hour Total Pledges:     $2,088,765
Previous Hour Total Backers:     13,365

• Like 8

All I wanted was female giants so I can't complain. The 80ish mm demons was a total bonus and made my day :)

I have lots and lots of minis, not getting more isn't a bad thing. 

• Like 10

*yawn*

So, I've been mostly out of the loop while traveling the past few weeks. Did I miss anything? :poke:

• Like 8