ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I'm liking the duelist a lot!

I'm thinking about the DVDs but probably won't end up getting them.  I am really into Vince Venturella's tutorials right now and I can just watch those on YouTube.  I do like Jessica Rich a lot too...hmmm... only time will tell I guess.

• Like 1

I like the two townsmen a lot. And the duelist is truely dashing!

I was already eyeballing the DVDs at the last DSM kickstarter, but couldn't afford them back then. Maybe I'll have something left in the war chest if all is said and done with this PM.

• Like 2

I believe the DVDs are the same from the Bones 3 kickstarter.

11 minutes ago, Nunae said:

I like the two townsmen a lot. And the duelist is truely dashing!

Agreed. The initial view of the duelist didn't look that great, not until I looked at her video.

Edited by Brennor
  • Like 4

Well, I missed out on these DVDs in the last Bones kickstarter - I didn't notice them, I guess, so I happily snapped them up this time around.

• Like 2

Hooray, an update with genuine goodies! Looks like the same Darksword DVDs as in Bones 3, and I already got them all. Good opportunity for those who didn't.

Here are my nagging points:

• Maybe it's just me, but seeing Baba Yaga squat like that on the rim makes me think she's riding a chamber pot. And is missing one shoe! [The other in possession of Buglips?]
  • The duellist is beautiful, but her feet seem unusually small.
Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Speaking of shoes, I love everything about the duelist except her footwear. A sword fighter in high heels is pretty awful. Her armor, clothes, head, hair and weapons are all gorgeous. Those heels though... *cry*

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Speaking of shoes, I love everything about the duelist except her footwear. A sword fighter in high heels is pretty awful. Her armor, clothes, head, hair and weapons are all gorgeous. Those heels though... *cry*

Nobles used to wear heels, though, to keep themselves above the filth.  So it's kindof period accurate, even though I wouldn't wear them.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Nobles used to wear heels, though, to keep themselves above the filth.  So it's kindof period accurate, even though I wouldn't wear them.

I thought raised heels were developed for securing horse riders in their stirrups? I know there were chopine shoes that raised the whole foot above the filth, but those were very distinct from high heels. I'm not trying to criticize the sculpt. She has one of the nicest armor designs I've seen in a long time. Just giving feedback on the one thing that I feel makes the figure less useful than it could be for my specific purposes (a PC or NPC fighter). If she is meant to be a noble in decorative of ceremonial armor then the shoes are completely fine. She just couldn't fight or ride a horse in those. There's nothing wrong with a beautifully dressed noble that isn't fit to fight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinkymadigan said:

You might say she is of singular footwear.

Well spotted.

:ph34r:

I like the townsfolk, they look like they'll be fun to paint up! Same thing with the lady duelist.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I thought raised heels were developed for securing horse riders in their stirrups? I know there were chopine shoes that raised the whole foot above the filth, but those were very distinct from high heels. I'm not trying to criticize the sculpt. She has one of the nicest armor designs I've seen in a long time. Just giving feedback on the one thing that I feel makes the figure less useful than it could be for my specific purposes (a PC or NPC fighter). If she is meant to be a noble in decorative of ceremonial armor then the shoes are completely fine. She just couldn't fight or ride a horse in those. There's nothing wrong with a beautifully dressed noble that isn't fit to fight. 

Well her clothes are pretty fancy, so, uh...  <shrug>  The heels are wrong for horseback riding, wedge heels don't work like cowboy boots/riding boots do.   Everyone has their own peeve, heels are not as noticeable as acres of exposed flesh so it doesn't bother me.  

I'm actually liking the Sophie and Friends so much that I sort of just want them in metal, so hopefully they'll be released that way too.  

• Like 6

Just now, LittleBluberry said:

Well her clothes are pretty fancy, so, uh...  <shrug>  The heels are wrong for horseback riding, wedge heels don't work like cowboy boots/riding boots do.   Everyone has their own peeve, heels are not as noticeable as acres of exposed flesh so it doesn't bother me.  

I'm actually liking the Sophie and Friends so much that I sort of just want them in metal, so hopefully they'll be released that way too.  

I agree. Again, as far as armor goes, the duelist is glorious. I only wish she was a suitable PC fighter mini because I like the design so much. She reminds me of the Flower Knight from Kingdom Death. Worth getting her in metal for display. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, pinkymadigan said:

You might say she is of singular footwear.

Well spotted.

5 hours ago, OneBoot said:

:ph34r:

I like the townsfolk, they look like they'll be fun to paint up! Same thing with the lady duelist.

Huzzah!

OneBoot got minified?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

And thank you USPS for once again, holding up my monthly pre-order/pledge for November:( Geez, 4 packages going all over the US, 3 First class (sent wednesday and thursday mind you), and ONE Flat rate priority sent MONDAY!!!!! Morning (which incidentally, one of the 1st class went to the same state, florida), the 1st class all expected to be delivered Saturday, the PRIORITY...IN TRANSIT,DELAYED????? are you kidding me:huh: Sometimes I wonder what madness goes on at USPS. Oh well, hopefully I can drop in my order by veterans day::o:

Edited by Ratmaster2000
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cyradis said:

OneBoot got minified?!

:lol: No, I just found it amusing that Baba Yaga is also a stylish lady when it comes to footwear.

After hearing one of the sculptors talking about Argent at Reapercon, I'm looking forward to seeing the final sculpt when it's finished! Apparently, the tiny scales shown in the "In Progress" picture that was put up during the Kickstarter were basically just there to indicate "there will be scales on the final version," and that Argent's sculptor got rid of those 'placeholders' before continuing to work on him. ^_^

Huzzah!

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 7