ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I'm personally trying not to buy the Fantasy Scenics.  But it is very cool so if I have some extra money at the end of July I might grab them for some dioramas.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

I'm tempted to use the Ruined Temple as a very elaborate base for a diorama. Put a dragon in there or something

I'm thinking all of it will be useful for Kings of War terrain. Initially I thought I'd have trouble using the temple functionally, but I think with clever additional ruined column placement I can make multibased units stand on it just fine so it can be playable difficult terrain.

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 4

I am gonna make an elephant man army. The king on throne, his son, the prince (the chief), and the elephant men from bones 3 as troops. Just need some females. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bathory said:

On a different bones subject,

did anyone else think the giant demon couple would make interesting faun type creatures without the wings? 

I’ve tried modding bones in the past and it’s normally pretty comical and never gets finished. 

I did. I got two sets so I could have the Rulers of Hell, a couple of fauns and a couple of sets of big wings for conversions.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

I am gonna make an elephant man army. The king on throne, his son, the prince (the chief), and the elephant men from bones 3 as troops. Just need some females. 

I was really hoping Pachylox would come to Bones, but he's one of the few P-65 minis that didn't come over:

pachylox.jpg.70d9c03a7a78e15db532917c1d53b328.jpg

Frostgrave's use of them in "Ghost Archipelago" had reignited my interest in them.  I did get the King from Bones 4 to add to the forces.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

So.... what are folks putting into their fantasy scenics? 

I'm planning to put the Darksword summoner girl into either the ruined temple or the piece above that has the circular base. Paint up a nice glowy circle for her to kneel in the centre of. hopefully manage some OSL effects.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bathory said:

On a different bones subject,

did anyone else think the giant demon couple would make interesting faun type creatures without the wings? 

I’ve tried modding bones in the past and it’s normally pretty comical and never gets finished. 

7 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

I hadn't thought about that conversion as my attempts at modding are also typically pretty comical, but they would be really lovely fauns. :wub:

I'm getting two sets of them for exactly this reason.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

So.... what are folks putting into their fantasy scenics? 

Not getting those, as I am limited on room as it is. Most of my dioramas I have talked about will probably be sold for the same reason (that, and almost all Demon type mini's MUST be sold after painting as I promised my significant other those would not stay:rolleyes:.)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I put the Lost Valley in my cart, took it out, put it back in, took it out, put it back in... but I wanted my Queen of the Void too much. :wub: Maybe if the adventure I'm currently in looks like it will turn into a full campaign I'll pick up the expansion next month.  If it doesn't I'm not sure when I'd ever use that style of mini again.  :unsure: This is the first DM I've had that likes dinosaurs... 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

I was really hoping Pachylox would come to Bones, but he's one of the few P-65 minis that didn't come over:

pachylox.jpg.70d9c03a7a78e15db532917c1d53b328.jpg

Frostgrave's use of them in "Ghost Archipelago" had reignited my interest in them.  I did get the King from Bones 4 to add to the forces.  

I assume you already know about the Avatar of Strength

77588_w_1.jpg

• Like 3

The scenics look like they could be cool for basing/dioramas, but so did the crypt set from the last KS and that’s still in the box lol.

• Like 4

I've come to conclusion that terrain pieces are usually just gonna sit around gathering dust in my house. Not that that's gonna stop me from getting them :lol: 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

The only scenery I like in that set is the temple ruins, the rest doesn't appeal to me.

So I won't pledge for those.

Maybe I will be able to buy those ruins later at retail.

• Like 2