Jump to content

ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Talae said:

I am tempted to go with three:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJO434jWvuFZd9FRveNKu

 

Heh, pokemon birds. I like it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:

I'm glad that there is still another month before the pledge manager closes. I am currently getting 1 Roc, but reading some of these comments makes me desire another one (or two) in addition to the Stone Floor Tiles.

 

@Sirithiliel, I would also love to know how you did the color schemes.

 

i use my art program. I put the picture of the model on a top layer with a 'gel' setting (which means underlying color shows thorugh), and then i color on a bottom layer

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

 

Heh, pokemon birds. I like it. 

I wasn't planning on getting the Roc, but now I have to get one to paint up like a shiny Ho-Oh (a pokemon bird).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

So I don't see a lot of people getting The Roc.  Why is that?

 

I am still on the fence about it and am curious about other people's opinions.

Lack of space. If I had room to display minis the Roc would be a natural choice. If I thought I'd use it in a game I'd get it anyway, but the rarity of such an encounter makes it impractical.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Space issue for me as well. I don't have space for most of my big minis as it is, and the roc is just too low priority...

 

Just ran the numbers. This is going to cost me $1.45 per mini. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Space issue for me as well. I don't have space for most of my big minis as it is, and the roc is just too low priority...

 

Just ran the numbers. This is going to cost me $1.45 per mini. 

 

Pop one of these in its back and hang it from the ceiling. BAM. It doesn't take up shelf space! 

Image result for eyepin

  • Like 7
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Space issue for me as well. I don't have space for most of my big minis as it is, and the roc is just too low priority...

 

Just ran the numbers. This is going to cost me $1.45 per mini. 

 

What a good idea. Mine rounds up to $1.03 each.

 

 

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

 

Pop one of these in its back and hang it from the ceiling. BAM. It doesn't take up shelf space! 

Image result for eyepin

 

As awesome as it would be to see my cats take dragons and such out of the air I like my ceiling where it is, and my cats are fat and murderous.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

 

Pop one of these in its back and hang it from the ceiling. BAM. It doesn't take up shelf space! 

Image result for eyepin

As much as my bride loves me... I'm not sure if that wouldn't be a bridge too far...

 

:lol:

 

I'll just have to settle for having all the other big minis I'm getting. 

 

First non-set mini I'll paint - ring wraiths!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My order comes out to $2.65, which is a steal considering that I haven't added the full core or any expansions and I have a fair selection of big figures. The first thing I'll probably paint is either the Tree of Despair or the dire crab. I'm a huge Skyrim fan and cannot wait to have a mudcrab! I only wish I had something suitable to use as Nirnroot for the base.

 

skyrim-mudcrab.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crowley said:

As much as my bride loves me... I'm not sure if that wouldn't be a bridge too far...

 

:lol:

 

I'll just have to settle for having all the other big minis I'm getting. 

 

First non-set mini I'll paint - ring wraiths!

 

What?! You mean she wouldn't like toys hanging all over? 

 

Also.... ring wraiths. Dude, you're supposed to give her a RING. A ring that isn't haunted and won't cause her to go crazy. Really should give her a roc(k) with the ring too. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I generally look at the price per pound rather than the price per mini. That way I don't have to deal with so many digits.

 

:rolleyes:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I generally look at the price per pound rather than the price per mini. That way I don't have to deal with so many digits.

 

:rolleyes:

I should have done this math on previous kickstarters. Would be interesting to hear how the results vary for others.

Edited by Talae
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

 

What?! You mean she wouldn't like toys hanging all over? 

 

Also.... ring wraiths. Dude, you're supposed to give her a RING. A ring that isn't haunted and won't cause her to go crazy. Really should give her a roc(k) with the ring too. 

I did... that's how she became my bride... :wub:

 

Actually I lied about my cost per mini. Right now it's closer to 1.35, but I have a couple of big ones to add still which will shift the ratio. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk about price per mini got me to go add up how much I pledged for Bones 4.  I’m getting *gulp* 345 (more) minis.  Plus a couple handfuls of bases.  I don’t think they are going to fit in my giant storage boxes. ::o:

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×