Jump to content

ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Recommended Posts

It looks like I'm ending up at about $2.42 per mini for 250 total, but I didn't get a core set, I just took the figures that I wanted the most piecemeal so I could spend more on the large/huge figures that were higher priority since for the most part, I'm going to want the human sized figures in metal instead. I still have a few more things in my cart, but I might not get those now because y'all made me add up my previous 3 orders and yikes. :lol:

  • Like 8
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

It looks like I'm ending up at about $2.42 per mini for 250 total, but I didn't get a core set, I just took the figures that I wanted the most piecemeal so I could spend more on the large/huge figures that were higher priority since for the most part, I'm going to want the human sized figures in metal instead. I still have a few more things in my cart, but I might not get those now because y'all made me add up my previous 3 orders and yikes. :lol:

 

No no... don't blame us for not getting stuff. Get the things you want!! 

 

I do agree about wanting the human size stuff in metal instead. Bones is best for big figures I think. And mmmm so many good big ones! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

 

No no... don't blame us for not getting stuff. Get the things you want!! 

 

I do agree about wanting the human size stuff in metal instead. Bones is best for big figures I think. And mmmm so many good big ones! 

 

How likely is it that new human sized bones will get remolded and cast in metal?  I'm conscious of having metal figures redone in Bones, but I'm not aware of any instances were the reverse is true.  It may just be that I haven't been paying attention though... :huh:

Edited by Mckenna35
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

 

How likely is it that new human sized bones will get remolded and cast in metal?  I'm conscious of having metal figures redone in Bones, but I'm not aware of any instances were the reverse is true.  It may just be that I haven't been paying attention though... :huh:

Last metal release had Innkeeper Sophie from B4... 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

 

How likely is it that new human sized bones will get remolded and cast in metal?  I'm conscious of having metal figures redone in Bones, but I'm not aware of any instances were the reverse is true.  It may just be that I haven't been paying attention though... :huh:

 

There have already been a few models from Bone 4 released in metal.  Check out DHL SKUs 03848 and higher.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ladystorm said:

Last metal release had Innkeeper Sophie from B4... 

 

Just ordered her!

 

I think the sci-fi dinomen are also out in metal, as well as some of the female fighters. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good number of the character size models released in bones end up in metal. If you look at the metal DHL line in the online store and sort by sku down,  you'll get an idea.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just did - saw some more dino folk, townsfolk, and penguins at least. I probably will hold off on them until I find them necessary, although they are great. After all, plastic ones are only several months away.... not like I don't have 20 minis to paint. 20 boxes of minis to move.... ahh crud that might be too literal. 

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Core looks transposed should be 163

chrono 38

Darkreach 45

At least that's what I get from the pledge manager pictures. The other expansions look right, and I'll take your word for the add on's:)

I know we sprue small things together,  the actual number is very probably somewhere between the two for core and would account for those expansions. 

 

As I'm sitting at my gate ready to board for Origins, I am not going to fine tune the numbers right now.  Remind me mid-July when I expect more unclaimed time and I'll see what I can do then.

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I do agree about wanting the human size stuff in metal instead. Bones is best for big figures I think. And mmmm so many good big ones! 

I love the human sized Bones in terms of making gaming a friendlier hobby.   I've given away a few dozen Bones character figures to people I play games with, without any remorse. I would never do that with metal. 

 

I'm at about $1.50/mini.  If I add 2-3 more core sets, I can get that down to about a $1/mini.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not done pledging yet so I will hold off on the calculation . . . ::D:

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I love the human sized Bones in terms of making gaming a friendlier hobby.   I've given away a few dozen Bones character figures to people I play games with, without any remorse. I would never do that with metal. 

 

I'm at about $1.50/mini.  If I add 2-3 more core sets, I can get that down to about a $1/mini.  

 

Absolutely. The human size Bones are great for new painters, and excellent for throwing on a table. I have used metal for so long though that I prefer it for gift pieces, even for tabletop. My players also know that if they wreck my paintjob I, the DM, will drop a meteor on them. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

I know we sprue small things together,  the actual number is very probably somewhere between the two for core and would account for those expansions. 

 

As I'm sitting at my gate ready to board for Origins, I am not going to fine tune the numbers right now.  Remind me mid-July when I expect more unclaimed time and I'll see what I can do then.

 

Fly safe and have fun! :wub:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going by what's in my cart at the moment, I'll have 28 figures, at $11.80 each, but I'm mainly wanting the big ones like most of the dragons... 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

I know we sprue small things together,  the actual number is very probably somewhere between the two for core and would account for those expansions. 

 

As I'm sitting at my gate ready to board for Origins, I am not going to fine tune the numbers right now.  Remind me mid-July when I expect more unclaimed time and I'll see what I can do then.

See at the con!

 

Erm, Bones 4 thread, getting the core, scenic, tree and barge. Maybe Argent. Waffling on a few others.

Edited by DocPiske
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/263291121/desktophero-free-3d-printable-character-maker?ref=nav_search
    • By haldir
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/266656159/bestiary-3d-printable-models
       
      As I backed Brayan's previous KS but never got my files (I got a email in regards to this KS) but a quick email response & I had my file that I backed + a bonus file. Love the look on the minis. The goblins can be new PC gobs for ReaperCon We Be Goblins. Love the Oriental dragon as well.
    • By Talae
      The Stygian Depths - Lost Temple of Xibalba, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/524168246/the-stygian-depths-lost-temple-of-xibalba
    • By TDG
      Hello guys hope all are well, I'd like to show you my project for 3D printable miniatures that I have just launched;

      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/568025447/3d-printable-miniatures-for-tabletop-and-rpg-games?ref=9faem8
       
      They are a selection of 6 models inclduing a Dragon, Drake and Kirin with a forest/woodland theme along with a Dragon head dice tower, all the best guys



    • By Lidless Eye
      Seeing as there wasn't a thread yet, I wanted to share another project that just hit Kickstarter, "DEPTHS OF SAVAGE ATOLL"

      It's a great project I was happy to be involved with, doing some of the FDM print testing.  Everything looks great and prints well!

      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ecaroth/depths-of-savage-atoll-3d-printable-tabletop-model/description
      Welcome to "Depths of Savage Atoll" - an island chain on the edge of the world where the currents of the ocean, waves of the sea, sands of the beaches, and old-growth of the jungle are all teeming with life, adventure,  and countless dangers.
      Enrich your tabletop RPG or wargaming experience with 3D print-ready minis, monsters, terrain, and buildings from island, nautical, and undersea environment.
       
      This Kickstarter provides character minis, monsters, scatter terrain, buildings, and more for you to produce at home on your FDM or resin 3D printer. Rewards are for digital STL files to print the products shown and described in this campaign. Rewards are split into two categories: Scatter, and Minis - designed to be used together or independently, and all for normal tabletop gaming scale (28-32mm).
       



       
       
       
  • Who's Online   35 Members, 1 Anonymous, 67 Guests (See full list)

×