ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I'm already in for $520 and trying to decide if I can add another $70. I'm experiencing a very strange feeling lately that I might be reaching my saturation point for minis for now. Never felt that before. Want more paint but I've collected all the minis I need for a lot of long term projects and even finished a couple. Thanks to Bones and some other kickstarters I have a couple good size boxes of tightly packed historical and fantasy minis to cover a bunch of future ideas. Sure this strangeness will pass but right now not thinking so much about buying minis.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Or a super private painting study. ::P:

My painting is in the kitchen, and the kitchen table is in the living area. Sir Cyr understands. We debated using the Harry Potter closet for painting, or for computers, but decided on a small bit of storage and the old mattress. It is now a tiny guest cave (visitors and Bones can live there). 

• Like 9

well finalized the last of my order. was hard because i agonized over the lost worlds set as i really only wanted the giants and jade fire clan minis, but ended up going with it. so total is

Core set x1

lost worlds x1

fan fave x1

hill giants x1

paint set B x1

frost giants x1

amazon stature x1

rulers of hell x1

• Like 4

Hey I was hoping somebody could give me some confirmation here. Have I missed the opportunity to get the $100 core set? I'm fine paying the $150, I just would prefer to pay less if it were an option.

• Like 2

OK--barring any last minute insanity...

• Dreadmere: There's just so much good stuff in here.  Not much for a BoGW, just a couple items.
  • Lost Valley: I love it all (almost).  The dino-dudes are trade-bait.
  • Fan Favorites: I really got it for the mammoth, duergar, and Dreadmere remnants.  The efreet and djinn are bonuses.  The rest is trade-bait, although I might keep the portal.
  • Wraiths:  Wow.  I love these guys.  I just wish there were a couple more and a Bones version of the newest Murkillor.
  • Rocky:  I can't help it, I like cute things.
  • Tree of Despair: Is one enough?  I honestly don't know.
  • Baba Yaga's Hut:  'Nuff said.
  • Paint Set B: New colors.  Must have new colors.
  • Modern Scenics (x2): Ahh, back when I thought I'd be playing more modern games.  Still, shipping containers and barrels never go out of style.
  • King of the Jungle: I thought I was going to get away without it, but I found a need.  A powerful need.
  • King Cobra: Another situation where I can't decide if one is really the number.
  • Rulers of Hell: Impulse buy.  Keep or trade, keep or trade, keep or...
  • Blacksting, Wyvern: There's a story in there, I can feel it.  I can't see it, and don't know what it is, but it's there.
  • Thunderfoot Behemoth (x2):  Reasons.  Yeah, there's some reasons.  One of these is going to be painted up as a "Fiendish" hybrid.
  • Fantasy Scenics: Yeah, about that "powerful need..."
  • Blacktooth Terror (x2): Reasons.  The other one is going to be painted up as in the style of a repaint I did of the DDM Fiendish T-Rex (making it a "Celestial" T-Rex).
  • Skeletal Dragon: There's a story there.  I know she's a desert-dwelling, evil dragon.  I know where her head is, and the lengths she will go to in order to get it back.
  • Stygian Barge: The (current) Necromancer's ride when he wants to make a city-wide impression or frighten armies.
  • Nyarlathotep: Mythos!  IA!  IA!  C'thulhu fhtagn!
  • Dire Beasts: Crab!
  • Adventurers: Some really nice and characterful pieces.  The rest is trade-bait.
  • Snake Cultists: They'll fit nicely in a couple different places.
  • Ape Attack: I don't know if I want a centurion-ape, but I really want the other two.
  • Pathfinder Iconics: There's a couple of figures with a great deal of character that would serve as some nifty "main" characters in miniatures games.  The rest will be trade-bait.
  • Small World: The chibi is strong with these.  I can't help it: I like chibi.
  • Horror: The ghouls and the scenery were too good to pass up.  The rest of the "classic" horror creatures are icing on the creepy cake.
  • Gargoyles, Braziers, and Orbs: Well, the columns needed something.  There's already enuff skullz in the graveyard expansion, and I didn't much care for the Mystic Orbs.
  • Ghost Pirates: I thought I could use them for a game or to crew the barge.
  • Sophie and Friends: The minotaur and duelists are too neat!

I can't believe I'm actually thinking about adding more.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, AlphaZiro said:

Hey I was hoping somebody could give me some confirmation here. Have I missed the opportunity to get the $100 core set? I'm fine paying the $150, I just would prefer to pay less if it were an option.

Yes. You can pledge late until the 3rd, but it is at a higher cost than the kickstarter price. Late pledge is still cheaper and earlier than retail though. 

• Like 5

Just now, Cyradis said:

Yes. You can pledge late until the 3rd, but it is at a higher cost than the kickstarter price. Late pledge is still cheaper and earlier than retail though. 

Awesome, thank you.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ducknuck84 said:

well finalized the last of my order. was hard because i agonized over the lost worlds set as i really only wanted the giants and jade fire clan minis, but ended up going with it.

That was my thought on it too. I'm also going to keep the hut and some of the dinosaurs (is it weird to think the raptors are cute?), but the rest I'll trade or sell

Edited by Fire_Eyes
  • Like 4

Almost forgot about the Dire Beasts, added them as well.

I can use the Crab and the Croc.

The Bacon might be traded.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fire_Eyes said:

That was my thought on it too. I'm also going to keep the hut and some of the dinosaurs (is it weird to think the raptors are cute?), but the rest I'll trade or sell

I wanted it ALL!!!! Twice! ::P:

• Like 3

Locked in my final order.

In for one of everything except:

-Chronoscope expansion

-Narglauth (one with four arms will be plenty)

-Modern Scenics

-Stones tiles

-any bases or DVDs

Getting extra of:

-Living statues, both kinds (×2 each)

-fence toppers (gargoyles and skulls - ×2 each plus the core set)

• Like 5

Alright, got my last order locked in. Here is the list of miniatures:

-Rauthuros

-Chronoscope Expansion

-Rocky Red Dragons

-Modern Scenics

-Stone Tiles Bundle

-Fantasy Scenics

-Skeletal Dragon

-Nyarlathotep

These are the ones that I'm NOT getting. :mellow:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Here’s what I’ve ended up pledging for:

2017 Core Set x1
High Rollers x1
Rocky x1
Frost Giant Raiders x1
Art Book x1

Mossbeard, Treeman x1
Dance of Death x1
Stygian Barge x1
Argent x1
Dreadmere Expansion x1
Zombie Dragon x1
Dragon Turtle x1
Baba Yaga's Hut x1
Trolls x1
Skeletal Dragon x1
Living Statue Spartan x1
Living Statue Amazon x1
Tree of Despair x1
Modern Scenics x1
Blacksting, Wyvern x1
Lost Valley Expansion x1
Rulers of Hell x1

I think this was the most difficult Bones Kickstarter to finalize yet.

Had a lot of thinking to do.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 4