ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

3 minutes ago, John Fiala said:

I'm still jazzed at realizing that shipping starts next month.

OMG!

You're right!!

image.png.8bcf347a344081aa1d0d8e4a5df1b9c2.png

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, John Fiala said:

I'm getting a bit excited about it myself. Haven't done much painting since the holidays hit and keep thinking I need to get a bunch more painted before the next avalanche hits. I've done fairly well with painting almost as many minis as I bought the last few years but each Bones KS throws that balance way out of whack. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, John Fiala said:

I'm really trying not to get my hopes up too much just in case of last minute delays but its hard not to get a little excited.  Glad I'm in Wave 1 and confirmed my order early so hoping I'm towards the front of the line.

I'm really trying to be patient but as it gets closer it gets harder!

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 10

Same- I need to clear some space on my book shelves for the incoming box- this is my first bones KS, I went fairly heavy on the extras so not sure exactly how much space to expect to need but certainly more than I have now is a safe bet!!

• Like 9

**looks at apartment storage**

**looks at current minis stash**

I'm going need to do some reorganizing, or end up with minis under the bed. Otherwise minis will be taking over the guest-cave/storage room/harry potter closet. 

I'm in wave 1, but shipping will probably be such that there is a delay at the border. I do hope that post goes smoothly, or I can arrange to work from home for a while when I see the tracking go to Canadian Customs. Otherwise I end up with a huge box at the 7-11 up the street. 

How many pounds is this thing going to be? For uhh... a lot of it. Quite serious question, for sake of me carrying it. Do I need a little red wagon? A Big Burly Manslave... I mean.... Sir Cyr for carrying it? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

My box from the last one is about 11x20x16".  I'd recommend the little red wagon, Sir Cyr might not want to carry it more than a block or two.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, LittleBluberry said:

My box from the last one is about 11x20x16".  I'd recommend the little red wagon, Sir Cyr might not want to carry it more than a block or two.  

I am going to need to procure a little red wagon then. Or see if I can borrow the moving dolly from the apartment manager. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Cyradis said:

**looks at apartment storage**

**looks at current minis stash**

I'm going need to do some reorganizing, or end up with minis under the bed. Otherwise minis will be taking over the guest-cave/storage room/harry potter closet. 

I'm in wave 1, but shipping will probably be such that there is a delay at the border. I do hope that post goes smoothly, or I can arrange to work from home for a while when I see the tracking go to Canadian Customs. Otherwise I end up with a huge box at the 7-11 up the street. 

How many pounds is this thing going to be? For uhh... a lot of it. Quite serious question, for sake of me carrying it. Do I need a little red wagon? A Big Burly Manslave... I mean.... Sir Cyr for carrying it? 

This was the size of the one from Bones 3:

20170529_161133.thumb.jpg.6d319cd6ab7ef263c83133098fd0ed4f.jpg

The upcoming Bones 4 box may be........bigger. :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

That's a darn funny picture. I'll uhh.... figure something out for delivery time. 

• Like 7

Im willing to bet you'll be surprised at the size of the box. Their packers are really good at Tetris. I was expecting a much larger box last time, and was underwhelmed by the size when it got to me. 

Though, I did order more this time... maybe I'll get the refrigerator sized box that featured in my dreams during last fulfillment :lol:

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

Storage will not be a problem for me.

I can see it now.

Girlfriend opens fridge, sees Bones Dinosaurs staring at her.

***Honey where are the groceries?***

Me: Whistling...

Girlfriend opens wardrobe, Argent, two Barges and a Mammoth stand proudly on the shelves.

*** Honey where are my clothes?***

Me: Coughs and pretend not to have heard anything.

Grilfriend opens Kitchen Drawer, it is filled with shroom people, Drow and Gnomes, a Zombie Shark in the centre.

*** HOOONNNEEEYYYY!!!!****

Me: Runs..

• Like 5
  • Haha 15

… last Bones KS, we got a Mal'Drakar box. Which ordinarily would have held a pair of Mal'drakars, in their retail boxes.

Mine had one Mal, in retail box (I squee'd), and .. everything else, tetris'd in there somehow. Including pretty much every dragon, and a couple of large whatsits and a lot of bags of little monsters, some demons and a whole cohort of mouselings.

I'm pretty well convinced there's a secret test they make all the box-packers take; something about ten pounds of miniatures in a five pound box...

• Like 8
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I'm pretty well convinced there's a secret test they make all the box-packers take; something about ten pounds of miniatures in a five pound box...

It's probably a certain score in Tetris. 

I have always admired the skill of the box packers for Reaper. I pride myself on my own abilities to pack compactly, but I'm not sure I could do their job.    Amazon packers could learn a lot from Reaper's. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kristof65 said:

It's probably a certain score in Tetris. 

I have always admired the skill of the box packers for Reaper. I pride myself on my own abilities to pack compactly, but I'm not sure I could do their job.    Amazon packers could learn a lot from Reaper's. 

I agree! My most recent order when it arrived I almost didn't open it right away because I didn't realise it was from Reaper - I was expecting a bigger box! Then I realised it was from Reaper and opened it- only to realise I couldn't get them all back in there to take them home (I have most of my mail delivered to work where there's always someone to sign for packages)

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   2 members

• Similar Content

• By Shpam
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/procession-of-the-plague-cult

A set of 13 hand sculpted 28mm scale sinister robed figures, for all of your pulp, horror and fantasy games.

I backed Midlam’s Village of Witches and was very happy with them. The minis are very well cast and pretty reasonably priced.

I’m particularly fond of the guy with the bells.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947678637/kuzunoha-the-fox-of-shinoda-and-other-stories?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
      Hi to all and welcome in my new Kickstarter campaign! this is a little campaign, composed by three busts. Each of them is a part of a story, a legend born from folklore or...yes, why not, by me. So, let's begin to show you my three last works!
        Kuzunoha, the fox of Shinoda (large size bust)
       Kuzunoha is a popular kitsune in the japanese folklore. She was the kami of Shinoda's temple and, assuming human form, she got married with the poet Abe no Yasuna. From this love was born Seimei, a legendary Wizard. Foxes, in Japanese mitology are powerful demons and i feel myself linked to this mystical figure. Kuzunoha is a  resin bust high 10 cm and composed by four components to assemble with glue and paint. 
      Windo the traveler (Small size bust) 
      Windo is a little bust high 5cm and composed by three components. Windo is a mage...a bard and an old traveler. He tell stories to every one that want to speak with him. 
      Sometime, when I play with my immagination, I like to think that Windo is myself in the next 30 and in another world full of magic...yes...for me is really funny. So, take a look! 
      this is Windo!
        Le Chat, the monster hunter (Kickstarter edition) (large size bust)
      Le Chat is already produced but this model is really important for me so I wanna give him some optional part and create some new version of this model. This character is inspired by the cat with the boots and  by some videogame. Is an interesting kit composed by much components, much of them optional. In this special edition, Le chat has two optional medallion, a chaos star and an head cat! Hope that you like this model high 8 cm and composed by 10 components ( optional parts included)
         Medallions of Lechat Kickstarter edition
        IMPORTANT!!! In this campaign the principal rewards are two LARGE SIZE BUSTS and one SMALL SIZE BUST so, if you choose only one of the two busts, you'll be able to order  Kuzunoha or Le Chat at the end of the campaign!
      the optional medallions of Le Chat At the end of the campaign, you'll receive anyway the optional medallions of Le Chat for free!!!
      Medusa shield if your order will be over  € 50, will be also included a special gift for you, the medusa's shield! This is a bonus gift and in a limited edition. Is the shield of one of my models, Alcibiades the centaur. Is a little object molded in resin and golden powder
        For every question or help, please, contact me. I am at your disposal!
        The production of this little set will start really soon you'll receive your rewards shortly after the end of this campaign!

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maggletminis/mirror-deltor?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
    • By SamuraiJack
      About
      LATEST UPDATE: TELEPORTERS
      Core Space is a deluxe fully modular three dimensional board game for 1 to 6 players. The game can be played as single missions or campaigns with each player in charge of a team of traders, their sole objective, to survive in a dangerous galaxy!  
      Each of your characters can be levelled up with new skills and equipment to help them in their mission, but it will not be easy. The rival teams, gangs and the Galactic Corporation will hinder your every step... but the real threat is the ever expanding plague of synthetic life forms that are slowly purging the galaxy of all life...  
      Play using our unique 'real search' system and advance your characters between games. It's fast to set up, fast to play, and fully compatible with all the Battle Systems terrain products. To win you will need to follow the trader credo: salvage, trade, adapt and survive...
      + + +
      The rulebook will feature a number of short stories set in the Core Space universe, you can download Rescue on Daedalus here.
      You can download the V1.0 Beta rules here.
      To find out more please check out our Facebook page and blog.
      +++
      UPDATE: Xanadib's trusty pledge calculator, V1.

What's in the box...  
      The crew of the Ion Hope - Roykirk, Arianna and Gak  
      The crew of the Black Maria - Renton, Jace and Lars  
      Chaaaaarrrrgggeee!!!!!!  

• By SamuraiJack
      Campaign link, because I'm awake now:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gameenvy/the-worlds-most-versatile-painting-handle-and-grip?ref=user_menu
      About
      The Hobby Holder is the only all-in-one mini holding solution and the most versatile painting handle and grip on the market.
      And now it is better than ever with the addition of an injection molded Ergonomic Grip Mod and XL Stability Bar that seamlessly integrate with the original Hobby Holder!  
      Since our first campaign was a smash hit last year, the original Hobby Holder All-in-one Miniature Painting Handle and Grip (Patent Pending) by Game Envy has had a global impact on miniature painting with well over 4000 painters in 54 countries now using the Hobby Holder as part of their painting arsenal!
      We have talked to hundreds of painters across the globe at conventions, online and in person, and we have listened to your wants and needs. Now we are back to add two new pieces to the Hobby Holder system: the Ergonomic Grip Mod for even greater control and comfort and the XL Stability Bar for more support with a wider range of miniature sizes. We are also adding more color to your desks with New Colors of the original Hobby Holder parts with a second production run!
      Make painting more miniatures a New Years resolution!
      The Hobby Holder is the World's Most Versatile, All-in-one Miniature Paint Handle And Grip 
      The translucent blue parts are resin printed prototypes. Attach Miniatures to the Hobby Holder with Standard 28mm Bottle Caps or Even Wine Corks for Pinning. 
      Accepts 28mm plastic caps; Citadel ™ Paint Caps; Formula P3 paint caps; and 20mm wine cork. With the innovative bottle cap attachment method, just stick your miniatures, based or unbased, to a standard soda/water bottle cap with your favorite sticky stuff (we use Loctite Fun-tak, the best blue-tak on the market!) and you can quickly and easily screw them on and off without ever touching the miniature! Perfect for batch painting because you can switch even wet miniatures without smudging.

New Ergonomic Grip Mod Provides Even More Control and Comfort Tailored to How You Paint.
      Clicked into the Ergonomic Grip rotate your mini 360 degrees easily with one hand! The new Ergonomic Grip Mod gives even more support when attached to the bottom of the Hobby Holder Base and allows the use of the Stability Bar and Grip at the same time. Simply click in your Hobby Holder Base and start painting. The QuickClick design allows for Full 360 Degree Rotation of the Base with one hand while attached to the Grip Mod.
      The Ergonomic Grip Mod is two pieces and can be taken apart and weighted if desired. It also has the option to add two standard nuts to screw in the original #6-32 bolt to lock down the Hobby Holder Base and now a 1/4" bolt to attach larger platforms if desired.
      NEW XL Stability Bar Offers More Room For Larger Miniatures With the Same Superior Support.
      The New XL Stability Bar uses the same QuickClick design as the Standard Size Stability Bar and attaches right onto the Hobby Holder base in Upright or Grip modes.
      The XL Stability Bar accommodates miniatures with up to 70mm bases with ease and the offset finger support design allows you to attach miniatures that are even taller than the bar itself. The angle of the XL Stability Bar has been adjusted slightly so that even with the taller profile it is comfortable and easy to use with large or small hands.
      Ultimate Support, Brush Control and Comfort with the Original Stability Bar and NEW XL Stability Bar  
      The stability bar rotates 360 degrees so you never have to let go of your miniatures.
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)