ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

11 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I'm angry because they basically gave themselves two years to cover and complete this, based on all their prior massive delays, and they're still delayed. And they're delayed without ever once communicating that it was delayed until the very end, just like last time. I'm avoiding commenting about their basically even further delays than their prior KS in the KS comments thread out of respect and to not cast aspersions in the actual official communication, potentially damaging the company's perception with those who aren't regular customers. But this is really bad. I like Bones, and I like Reaper, but it feels like they're getting worse at this. Bones 2 was delayed. Bones 3 was delayed even longer. Bones 4 was given a lead time as long as Bones 3's full time to fulfill, including the delay, and it's still delayed. Why are they getting worse at fulfilling on time? And communication is generally getting worse, too...

I know this sucks for Reaper, too. And I haven't gotten everything painted due to a complete job change back in November, but I'm still not happy with this at all.

Reaper didn't give themselves 2 years. Their estimated delivery was 18 months. Six months is a huge difference.

As for indication, there's really only a few options for expedited shipping and most of them are by air. 

• Like 4

All are by air some of the way if it is not a ship.  No rail line over (or under) the water from China yet.

• Like 3

I am not worried. I know I will get what I ordered and I never hype myself until shipping has actually started

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Fnordlover said:

So, the bad news is more delays. The good news seems to be that even if the Kickstarter gets delayed a thousand years, Reaper will let us buy the minis in Bones Black before delivering Bones 4 to us.

Just FYI, since you don't post much---sarcasm is usually in purple text. That way people can tell if you're being a jerk or not.

Please note that I am NOT calling you a jerk, nor implying that you are. I'm  just pointing out that by using purple, it might make people a lot less combative towards your sometimes aggressively worded posts. You are absolutely welcome to have and express your opinion about the current situation in any manner that you like.

My apologies if you choose to take offense. As I said it was not offered, or intended, in that manner.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In my opinion, I'm not going to get upset about the fact that my toys are going to arrive a little later than I had originally thought. I'm pretty certain that I'll be able to survive a little longer without them.  I have every confidence that I'll receive them, and that's that. There are a lot of things in the real world that are much more worthy of getting upset about than some nonsensical conspiracy theory about 'them evil overlords at Reaper done stuck it to us agin'.

Poop happens. It's a part of life. In my opinion, it's a lot healthier to accept that fact and move on with your life. Especially since the current topic is toys.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE REAPER SAID THE SHIPMENT WAS IN CHINA????? All they have said is that they are still “awaiting *one more* container”. The last update indicated expected landfall of the container to be “the first week of March” i.e. NEXT WEEK. NOTHING they said in update 116 indicates it hasn’t shipped!!!!! Simply that AS EXPECTED, they have not recieved word that the ship is in port yet, something that according to Update 115 would happen NEXT WEEK. They have also indicated that they are exploring options so they don’t have to wait for that container.waiting for the container could mean waiting another2-3 weeks after it arrives in port. Other options, like air COULD get what Reaper needs to begin waves 1, 2, and 3 without having to wait for their container.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, cassault said:

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE REAPER SAID THE SHIPMENT WAS IN CHINA????? All they have said is that they are still “awaiting *one more* container”. The last update indicated expected landfall of the container to be “the first week of March” i.e. NEXT WEEK. NOTHING they said in update 116 indicates it hasn’t shipped!!!!! Simply that AS EXPECTED, they have not recieved word that the ship is in port yet, something that according to Update 115 would happen NEXT WEEK. They have also indicated that they are exploring options so they don’t have to wait for that container.waiting for the container could mean waiting another2-3 weeks after it arrives in port. Other options, like air COULD get what Reaper needs to begin waves 1, 2, and 3 without having to wait for their container.

From the update.

That said, there is still *one more* shipment that we are awaiting that contains Baba Yaga’s Hut, the Frost Giant Raiders, Trolls, and the Tree of Despair. These are the last four items that we need in order to begin fulfillment.

However, we are working on a shipping solution that will allow us to get these particular items here much faster than waiting on a ship-laden container. 

Just guessing here but if they are exploring options for "much faster than waiting on a ship-laden container." the ship hasn't left port yet. I'm not too fussed about it as I have yet to see a Kickstarter ship on time and as was mentioned we will get our toys. Of course I want them now but I've already waited years. Another month is minor for me. 

• Like 14

While they never say China  specifically, this statement in the update:

However, we are working on a shipping solution that will allow us to get these particular items here much faster than waiting on a ship-laden container. 

Seems to indicate that the items are not already on a ship, and are sitting somewhere waiting to be shipped, since it’s hughly unlikely that you can simply remove a container from an already in transit ship.  So putting two and two together; a shipment that isn’t shipped is mostly likely in China.  Where also would it be?

(Edit: Ninja’d by Zink! ::P:)

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 11

2 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

While they never say China  specifically, this statement in the update:

Seems to indicate that the items are not already on a ship, and are sitting somewhere waiting to be shipped, since it’s hughly unlikely that you can simply remove a container from an already in transit ship.  So putting two and two together; a shipment that isn’t shipped is mostly likely in China.  Where also would it be?

Beat ya by a second! :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, cassault said:

While they didn’t  t explicitly say that. The fact that they are considering shipping it by air implied it. Why would they consider extra expense to air freight it if the “it will arrive the first week of March” timeline is still accurate, the fact that they are even considering air shipping means thst it will not arrive by the first eeek of March. Otherwise, they would not look into additional expense. 

I am disapointed. I am not angry. Like Chaoswolf said, they are just toys. Though the toys do help me get through more serious stuff. It’s nice to be able to escape sometimes. 

I got ninja’d twice... 

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 12

Thanks guys, I tried to copy and paste that from the update but I've got a new phone and haven't figured it out yet.  :rolleyes:  It definitely sounds like there was some sort of communication breakdown with China as to what was in which container.  Because while we all feel that Reaper must be a big customer, the reality as I've heard it is that they're actually a small player and not high on the priority list for the factories there.  

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

I got ninja’d twice... 

The way I type it's not often I beat anybody. Calling this my victory for the day. :B):

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

22 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

It definitely sounds like there was some sort of communication breakdown with China . . .

Wait! That would NEVER happen! ::P:

The original estimate for fulfillment was Feb 2019. We're still not certain what the actual timeframe for fulfillment is, but that's only because Reaper isn't certain. I have full confidence that as soon as they have it nailed down they'll let us know, and I have 20 minis to paint before they do! 

Of course I'd love t see a pic of what a "ship-laden container" looks like. That's gotta be a BIG container! :lol:

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

At a guess, and it is a guess, it is likely that the manufacturer tucked the last four items on the container intended for restock, not into the container for the KS.

Which would mean that Reaper could have those last four items shipped by air for a good deal less than shipping a 20' or 40' container by same.

The Auld Grump - I am a firm believer that entropy tends toward maximum.

• Like 12

As a comparison and contrast the Reaper Kickstarter is currently circa One Month off from its projected shipping date when the KS was still live.  Fulfillment will most likey occur at or before the project is dragging on timeline by three months.

At roughly the same time that Reaper was running this KS there was another KS running that I participated in for a 3-D Printer that would have dual extruder head capability, a 3-D Scanner Function and a Laser Engraving Attachment.  It is now a year behind on fulfillment, due to various engineering problems encountered and changes from 3-d printed to injection molded for certain components, made possible through economies of scale.

Compared to the above, the delay in the Reaper KS is hardly even noteworthy.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
typo monster strikes again
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1