ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Aside from the eye lashes and lips there's also the smaller hands and feet.

• Like 6

just no female mammalian features unless you're a mammal!

i'm taking those breasts off the female snake person in the core, because it's bloody ridiculous ::P: absolutely no purpose. Her thin waist and larger hips already denote her female, she doens't need useless breasts too haha

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

i'm taking those breasts off the female snake person in the core, because it's bloody ridiculous ::P: absolutely no purpose. Her thin waist and larger hips already denote her female, she doens't need useless breasts too haha

See, you're just getting hung up on your mammalian instincts. She doesn't have breasts. As a female, she has enlarged venom sacks due to her much more potent venom, but most humanoids just assume that their breasts.

• Like 5
  • Haha 17

6 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

See, you're just getting hung up on your mammalian instincts. She doesn't have breasts. As a female, she has enlarged venom sacks due to her much more potent venom, but most humanoids just assume that their breasts.

That's a new way of rewording armed and dangerous....  Or dangerous even without weapons... 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

That's a new way of rewording armed and dangerous....  Or dangerous even without weapons... 

I can't take credit for the basic idea - I saw someone suggest that interpretation on the KS comments ages ago.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

1 hour ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I can't take credit for the basic idea - I saw someone suggest that interpretation on the KS comments ages ago.

Good to see that someone remembered my explanation! ::D:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

Well, Mantic had some 'female' octopus critters in their Dreadball game - but that was because the Nameless discovered that human teams found them distracting... (And were in no way an indicator of whether the octopus critter was male or female.... Mimic octopus bewbs....)

The Auld Grump

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

The only problem I have with the breast area is that it marks one as "other" from the rest of them. Otherwise they could all be male or female. Will probably cut them off for that reason and try to paint them more 50/50 or gender ambiguous.

Reason for mammalian breasts could be that some groups of snake people used to be people people, and turned themselves partially into snakes for religious reasons, with some showing better results than others (the worst of them just getting slit eyes or a split tongue).

Maybe that lady just failed to snakify her chest.

• Like 6

[MOD]

Gender differences in toy models have multiple other threads already available to have this discussion.

Please continue your conversation on this topic in a more appropriate thread.

[/MOD]

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Dice are cool. 

Edit: post at same time as LS. Editing to accommodate. 

Edited by Cyradis
  • Like 5

Does bring up an interesting question: what modifications are you planning already?

The dancing girl from the core set is going to become a smaller genie. Gonna cut her off at the knees or waist and sculpt smoke coming out of a bottle. 

• Like 11

I was only planning minor things off the bat: flames on the roc to make it a Phoenix, try to make the frost giant ladies look more like their artwork, and get a bunch of turtles and give them different cargo, so I'd have a turtle caravan. 

I guess the turtle one isn't so little. :rolleyes:

I feel like the Minotaur in Sophie and friends should be painted up like a Scottish highland cow. She looks like one.

• Like 15

Tentacles for the not-beholder as commented a few sites before (man, this thread sure moves fast).

Other than that, I try to not set too many goals as to what to work on, as it will probably take some time for me to get to that project anyway.

• Like 10