ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

Does bring up an interesting question: what modifications are you planning already?

The dancing girl from the core set is going to become a smaller genie. Gonna cut her off at the knees or waist and sculpt smoke coming out of a bottle. 

• Adding wings to a Barge and make it a flying one  OR add wheels or the legs from the Baba Yaga hut to it.
  • convert Gauth into a Lizardman Giant with Aztec style jewelry and weapons.
  • Like 11

12 hours ago, Crowley said:

Does bring up an interesting question: what modifications are you planning already?

The dancing girl from the core set is going to become a smaller genie. Gonna cut her off at the knees or waist and sculpt smoke coming out of a bottle. 

I got two sets of villagers, and plan on doing head swaps on the second set so that I get a bit more variety in my villagers. Modification priority #1

• Like 10

I can't wait to see all these modifications! Personally I'm giving a number of the goblins, both armored and the extra ones from Bones 3, a bunch of instruments because I have need of a goblin marching band. I got extras of the snake and ape people, so there's going to be some weapon swapping going on for them. The cyber cowboy from the Chronoscope set is getting a different head. And number 141 looks like he has a drum on his back, if not he may get a drum on his back and his axes may get swapped for banjos to create an evil bard. 

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I personally have no changes planned; though I know my son plans on taking one of the Wraiths and mounting it onto Blacksting. Something tells me that I'll get drafted into sculpting the seated lower body and saddle. :rolleyes:

:blink: I can't believe I didn't think of that...

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, Crowley said:

:blink: I can't believe I didn't think of that...

Making a wyvern rider or having  @TaleSpinner do your sculpting for you?

ETP. (Edited to purpleize.)

Edited by Pineapple
  • Like 6
  • Haha 12

13 hours ago, Crowley said:

Gluing a Squog on the back of the “Fan-Favorites” Giant Rhino Beetle.  :lol:

E8923B84-E8AF-4657-8D5B-192226A8C49C.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 4
  • Haha 16

14 hours ago, Crowley said:

argent is getting a little tie and possibly a big gun to be dunklezahn

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Crowley said:

Only major mod I have planned is the Dragon Turtle. Gonna mount him on a flight base for space games, put some elephants on his back, some kind of disk on top of them...you get the picture. :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

I personally have no changes planned; though I know my son plans on taking one of the Wraiths and mounting it onto Blacksting. Something tells me that I'll get drafted into sculpting the seated lower body and saddle. :rolleyes:

Awesome idea!  I am really jealous because I could never pull off sculpting something like that!  

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Awesome idea!  I am really jealous because I could never pull off sculpting something like that!  

You might not have to sculpt the whole thing.  I'm thinking the bottom half of a Bones cavalryman, such as Count Loreth, or one of the ones that comes in the Fan Favorites set,  might serve for a transplant bottom for a Wraith.  Then just blend the robes, and perhaps spread the legs to make them fit Blacksting's neck.

I just did something similar to make a dragon rider using the bottom of a Wood Elf cavalryman, and the top half of one of the Frostgrave female soldiers.  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82932-got-loot-train-battle-project/&do=findComment&comment=1801137

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pineapple said:

Making a wyvern rider or having  @TaleSpinner do your sculpting for you?

ETP. (Edited to purpleize.)

Both. Obviously. 

(Note, not purple! :lol:)

Realistically, I can probably sculpt it myself, and really should try.

I wonder how hard it would be to make it removable...

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

I wonder how hard it would be to make it removable...

A pair of small rare earth magnets, one in the rider’s backside and one in Blacksting’s neck should make it easy.  

A pin in the rider’s backside and a small hole in Blacksting’s neck, would be cruder, but even easier.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

A pair of small rare earth magnets, one in the rider’s backside and one in Blacksting’s neck should make it easy.  

A pin in the rider’s backside and a small hole in Blacksting’s neck, would be cruder, but even easier.

I used some magnets to make Kyra removable and postable to Lavarath, so she can be seated on his back, or he can be without rider. Magnets are super handy. ::D:

• Like 13

I don't have immediate plans to mod anything, but I am certainly considering changing one of my dire crabs into a Sharktocrab for our Ravnica campaign. 

rna-206-sharktocrab.thumb.jpg.1f74e30f944a35977ebf7bb24df28176.jpg

I'll have to buy a shark or another shark-man if so. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8