ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Or a minotaur day care with a full grown one in the middle of a swarm of minitaur kids wrecking the place.

Whoa, whoa!  This is for fantasy miniatures, not horror miniatures! :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Looks like Dreadmere is going to be making a Box Dive for when it comes in. ::P: Pretty sure thT am the one destined to use them - Megan has other minis to pursue. ::):

Also, plans in the Regency game for the nekkid statues - in an 18th Century Garden.... (Wish I could find the tune used on the sketch in The Muppet Show.)

*EDIT* Need to get some photo etched ivy for this one. ::):

Spoilered because slightly off topic response to an in topic reply -

6 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Something like this then (Bearshead Miniatures)

520685205_Highlandminotaur.jpg.b02ae1711c2e524654d39df291052473.jpg

Something exactly like that. yes. ::D:

I will name him Angus.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

On 3/6/2019 at 9:35 AM, Crowley said:

Does bring up an interesting question: what modifications are you planning already?

I ordered an extra Gauth and Roc with plans to kitbash them together into Quetzalcoatl himself.

Not sure when I'll get to that tough.  I still have a lot of Bones 3 to work with.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

OH LORD, what have I done!!!!!!  :blink:::o:

Trying to keep yourself in work?

2 hours ago, Smokestack said:

I ordered 7 extra Sophie and Friends... so getting 9 female minotaurs... Combined with the 16 minitaurs  I am getting and that would make a good Minotaur day care encounter...

mini daycare.png

That's a lot. 

I'm still trying to decide what I want to paint first after bats and ghouls. I think I already mentioned I need them for Rangers of Shadowdeep. I'm getting close to having the rest of the stuff that I have painted and we might start playing once I have enough terrain even without the right minis. But I've also got the kids into another game right now so that's good and gives more time for Bones to arrive.

No real plans for modifying anything right now but I really like the wraith on Blacksting idea. Had considered getting another set of them just to have 9 but I'm not doing LOTR and can probably already scrounge up a few extras from what I already have. I'm getting to the point where I can scrounge up almost anything because of all the Bones and Mantic KS I've been in.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

And now I want a Scottish Highlander Minotaur.

In a kilt. (Full kilt, not those silly skirt things.)

The Auld Grump - he always smiles when he tells people he won the blue ribbon....

I totally get that reference. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

And now I want a Scottish Highlander Minotaur.

In a kilt. (Full kilt, not those silly skirt things.)

The Auld Grump - he always smiles when he tells people he won the blue ribbon....

I've worn a Great Kilt sometimes.

When asked what I had on underneath I would always stand tall and with a wide grin exclaim "The Pride of Scotland!".

Not good news about the last container, but not entirely unexpected.  Hopefully the weight/volume is small enough that air shipment is on the list of possible remedies.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Like 7

"Getting it one the water" to me sounds like air travel isn't being considered, but we can hope.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

"Getting it one the water" to me sounds like air travel isn't being considered, but we can hope.

I was speaking figuratively.  I have no idea what is actually going on, I'm just imagining that if Reaper had a way to get their products shipped already then they would have done it.  From what I've heard in previous Kickstarters communication can be ...  Challenging.

Edit:. Meant to say communication with factories in China 

Edited by LittleBluberry
  • Like 10

So, yeah, we're looking at April arrival in the US, in all likelihood, late April or May delivery. :unsure:

FWIW, I painted a Bones 2 minotaur with a kilt and named him "Angus McHardee."

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

So, yeah, we're looking at April arrival in the US, in all likelihood, late April or May delivery. :unsure:

FWIW, I painted a Bones 2 minotaur with a kilt and named him "Angus McHardee."

My guess would be May at best.  By the time they get it on the water, get it here, though customs, set up the warehouse, pack/ship UK and Australian orders, contact the delivery services, and getting the first couple of shipments out to workout any kinks in the packaging process it will be May for the vast vast majority of backers.  That's assuming they can get the shipment on a boat by the third week of March.  

Hopefully they can get something figured out soon.  I am beginning to think that the comment from the last update about expediting the last container had nothing to do with flying it here but instead meant that they are working on just getting it on a boat.  Which makes me wonder if they have been giving a shipping date and they are working to make it sooner.  If this has happened I hope they come out and tell us as many backers have lost trust with how the last container has been handled anyways.  I know that there is little they can do so I am not upset with Reaper but I think being open and honest with backers with all the information they have would be their best approach.    

EDIT:  I was really hoping the wraiths would be in Bones Black :down:  Does any one know if any of the bigger figures (i.e. giants, dragons, etc) will be in Bones Black? 

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 5

I'm a little disappointed the wraith aren't in Bones Black too... Ah well.

Really wanting to work on the hut today. Definitely going to make it so that the legs are removable!

• Like 7

More clear updates would be nice. 

I do think it is worth noting that Kickstarters have an **estimated** fulfillment date. An estimate is not exact. We should not expect it to be exact. It isn't Amazon Prime delivery. 

Also: I want flying cabbage minis. 

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

I'm a little disappointed the wraith aren't in Bones Black too... Ah well.

Really wanting to work on the hut today. Definitely going to make it so that the legs are removable!

I thought the legs were intended to be removable?? Or am I just misremembering things..?

• Like 8