ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Already 222 orders today?!  I think on Saturday they did 413.  They are really cranking them out!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, NecroMancer said:

Already 222 orders today?!  I think on Saturday they did 413.  They are really cranking them out!

I assume there's less staff on Saturdays? Mondays probably means all hands on deck!

I've seen a few locations semi-close to me but not seen my county- not that it matters, but would be cool to see!

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Eek, they're clipping through those orders quickly. I better figure out how I'm gonna organize all my new bones. I have somewhere to put them, but I need a good way to find them. I don't think they'll all fit in my current containers (I know the big ones wont)

I’ve resorted to washed out buckets that cat litter comes in. If you place them in right rather than just dumping, they hold a ton. The CAV KS figures got ammo boxes tho.

No art book for me, just don’t see me using it much.

And I think I made two orders. Wasn’t going to get my wife the little dragons, but they grew on her so she needed them. 

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I’ve resorted to washed out buckets that cat litter comes in. If you place them in right rather than just dumping, they hold a ton. The CAV KS figures got ammo boxes tho.

No art book for me, just don’t see me using it much.

And I think I made two orders. Wasn’t going to get my wife the little dragons, but they grew on her so she needed them. 

I've got some ikea boxes for the rest of my minis - just concerned about the sheer volume. No pets here (Mr. Mouse doesn't want to get attached to a pet). Otherwise, the kitty litter thing is a great idea! Do you label yours?

I personally did get the art book. What figure do y'all think you're gonna paint first? I have a feeling mine will be from the Chronoscope expansion, for a player character.

• Like 9

I have probably answered the "which will you paint first" question several times now with different answers. 

So.... 

I dunno. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

11 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Do you label yours?

Been putting labels on with blue painters tape, for easy removal during that inevitable reorganization. 

• Like 13

I kind of wish the ticker included a "orders remaining in this wave" and labelled the international orders as their own wave. That would be awesome, since it would give backers a better idea of how long until their wave. After all, everyone (including international backers) has to wait until the international wave is complete for their order to actually ship. :)

• Like 7

Having the Bones spreadsheet is handy, it meant I could print off these labels

Spoiler

image.png.501de47a6d8d0238cbf8824ab7b61031.png

They will be getting re-printed though as more sculptors were filled in on the spreadsheet so I'll want the most up to date info. I have tons of ziplock bags and will grab some assorted size storage boxes that fit on the shelves under my desk as that's the only available space at the moment!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I am looking at apartments later today. "Place to store minis" is a large consideration.

Bones 4 will get here before we move. And may inspire us to sign things.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

What figure do y'all think you're gonna paint first? I have a feeling mine will be from the Chronoscope expansion, for a player character.

22 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I have probably answered the "which will you paint first" question several times now with different answers. 

So.... 

I dunno. 

I know I've answered it several times and different each time. 

Half tempted to do Gauth right away...

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

What figure do y'all think you're gonna paint first? I have a feeling mine will be from the Chronoscope expansion, for a player character.

I will probably start several at once and do my usual multi-projects

I definitely know Blacksting Wyvern is getting done up first, as will the Darkmere expansion for its villagers and rowboat

• Like 10

Most of the unpainted minis I keep in their original Reaper “set” boxes that they’re shipped in. Love the artwork on them, and it’s a reason to keep them around.  Plus they easily stack.  Those big things that don’t come in a special box get put in a regular cardboard box.  

(I still have my Vampire core box knocking around here somewhere, though granted it didn’t have any fancy art the later boxes have...) 

First to be painted will probably be the snakemen for our Ghost Archipelago campaign.  Followed by the Barge and the Ghost pirates for the same reason...

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 15

Ooh 472 orders shipped today, at this rate, UK/EU should be done by mid week:) I'd love to stay all day watching the tracker, but I promised my oldest a day at Knott's berry farm! Have fun all.

• Like 13