ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

43 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

In Maine there is Mt. Katahdin - which means 'Biggest mountain'.

I have this image in my mind of some explorer pointing at the mountain and asking his native guide 'What's that?', and getting the reply 'Big damn mountain'. ::P:

But little can compare to Grand Teton.... <_< Now there was a lonely, lonely man.... ::D:

The Auld Grump

You can't trust the shadows there.

They lie.

The Auld Grump

Mt. Katahdin is known to many because its the northern end of the Appalachian tail. Looking forward to climbing that big damn mountain someday. 

Okay, time to go to dinner then to see Oklahoma!

Ticker still ticking... In fits and stops... But still going...

Stupid rusty wheel...

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Zink said:

My granpa was born in Ottertail County, MN. I'm thinking there might be a meaning to that one.

I'm reminded of the Beaver Look Hair Styling Center in Bemidji. I'm sure that just refers to a certain slicked-down style notably popular in the '50s.

:rolleyes:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I'm rather fond of Bliss Idaho. ~300 people there. Middle of no-where by US standards. 

• Like 9

Canadian here.  UPS tracking information received.  There was much squee-ing.  :bday:  

• Like 13

7 hours ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

Thanks for the reply Jasper.

Now, can anyone explain to me why I never added Blacksting to my pledge?  Because I'm sitting here being really annoyed at myself about that.

Talk to the person that looks back at you when you look in a mirror.

They are more likely to have full information and therefore a coherent explanation than anyone else.

Other than that:  Chalk it up to a temporary brain phart.

GEM

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Rahz said:

Canadian here.  UPS tracking information received.  There was much squee-ing.  :bday:  

Congratulations! I know any UPS info will be pretty much useless to me. The parcel will be tracked to the nearest hub city (Regina) and then disappear for awhile because they just throw it in the ordinary mail to deliver here. Yet another pet peeve I have with UPS. Has anybody received their orders yet? Curious how long between getting tracking info and getting a package is. Add a week to that and I'll have a rough idea of when to expect mine. Getting a little antsy because I have 2 kickstarters in the delivery stage right now. Christmas in April! Except I'm actually getting what I want so it may be even better. ^_^

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

And I just looked at the tracker again, and it was Calgary, with 408 orders processed. Dang that was a big spender.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

Thanks for the reply Jasper.

Now, can anyone explain to me why I never added Blacksting to my pledge?  Because I'm sitting here being really annoyed at myself about that.

I had that feeling on earlier kickstarters. There's a reason why this one had the biggest price tag for me even though I wasn't as excited about it as some of the earlier ones. There's only a few things more I would have liked to bought but realistically I probably wouldn't use them. I think I have enough extras for now with what I did order.

• Like 9

Question about argent, will the wings be one solid piece or are they in two pieces shown in the update?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Zink said:

Congratulations! I know any UPS info will be pretty much useless to me. The parcel will be tracked to the nearest hub city (Regina) and then disappear for awhile because they just throw it in the ordinary mail to deliver here. Yet another pet peeve I have with UPS. Has anybody received their orders yet? Curious how long between getting tracking info and getting a package is. Add a week to that and I'll have a rough idea of when to expect mine. Getting a little antsy because I have 2 kickstarters in the delivery stage right now. Christmas in April! Except I'm actually getting what I want so it may be even better. ^_^

This is just the "label was applied" email.  They put them all in a container or truck and ship them to Ontario, then unpack there. If I remember right we should get a real update to tracking then.

Just did a search.  Last time I got the first notification on May 18th.  Got the second May 25th.  And was scheduled for deliver June 12th.  So it took a bit.....

• Like 7

I have to imagine that those are two pieces. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Question about argent, will the wings be one solid piece or are they in two pieces shown in the update?

If he's anything like Viridius, I'd say 2 pieces:) I am getting two, and now I am thinking "Dragon Bookends"::P:

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

so calgary and langford BC, sooo they are on the west side of Canada now?

I'd hope they're considered West! :p

3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

@WhiteWulfe - Edmonton popped up! 

Awesome!

...For the person who ordered it! ::P:  I didn't have the funds to do Bones IV (and I didn't even know about it when it was originally running, due to not doing Kickstarter, or even minis at the time), and every time I had spare cash while PM was open I kept debating back and forth about whether or not there was enough in each to justify the late pledge pricing ($150 USD for core is something like $225 CAD - $200 CAD apparently, according to XE atm).  I also thought about the paint, but given it was to fulfill in Feb originally, I didn't want to take the risk. 

Glad to see someone bought into it, and I mrather curious who did.. 

CAV KS III was my first Kickstarter, and I'm looking forward to that box to say the least... ^_^

3 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Heh, the last three times I've looked it's been Calgary, but with very different order numbers. I think the most likely reason is that somebody in Calgary ordered more than 100 times.

Yup.

::P:

They do have a looooot of trucks down there... 

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

In Maine there is Mt. Katahdin - which means 'Biggest mountain'.

I have this image in my mind of some explorer pointing at the mountain and asking his native guide 'What's that?', and getting the reply 'Big damn mountain'. ::P:

But little can compare to Grand Teton.... <_< Now there was a lonely, lonely man.... ::D:

The Auld Grump

You can't trust the shadows there.

They lie.

The Auld Grump

There are a few cities in the Canadian prairie region that are that way, because yup, the locals were all "jeez, does this guy not know what a mountain/lake/river is?" 

• Like 6

Perhaps it is your local game shop that got it, and you can reap the fruits of it :poke:

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rahz said:

Ditto here. I suppose most of us Canadians will have received it.

Is it just me or are the boxes getting heavier and heavier with each KS? :devil:

My only gripe is unrelated to Reaper or the shipper but my post office itself. Every package goes to the post office. Mine has short business hours. I get home *after* they have closed. They're closed on weekends. My only free day is Fridays. I'm hoping the package arrives in two weeks. If so, no problem. :winkthumbs: If it arrives in three weeks... it's Good Friday, and the post office will be closed, so I'll have to wait another week. But the following week, I may be out of town for a conference, so it'll be another week. And unless I notify the post office, they'll send it back for staying there too long. :zombie:

• Like 2
  • Sad 8