ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Gah!! Just as I'm about to be out for a couple of days and then restricted for a while to not lifting over 10 pounds they get ready to begin the US shipping!

I'm gonna have to open the box on the porch and transfer a few at a time. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

12 hours ago, Maredudd said:

I have a hobby . . . Once Reaper decides to give me Roderic and Glitter in Bones Black I'll find a new hobby . . . 

::P:

I finally broke down and bought them in pewter last month to help hit the $40 mark and get the efreeti miniature.

10 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I will not be attempting to fit in the box....Bones 3 was 34 lbs and I would not have fit in the box, this order is only 24 lbs....my head would probably fit...::D:

I will likely get a shot of at least one cat in or on the box...possibly 2, but the likelyhood of three tolerating each other for any length of time is slim.  4 would require a minor miracle. 5 is right out. 

I imagine my three cats would never collect in the box all at once, but it'll definitely draw some of them over the course of time.

1 hour ago, Monkeywizard said:

Yet another reason to be envious of Canadians...

I'm seriously very envious. If Canada starts actually getting their Bones today or tomorrow, and US isn't even shipped until next week? That is going to sting a little bit, even if it makes sense overall.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I'm seriously very envious. If Canada starts actually getting their Bones today or tomorrow, and US isn't even shipped until next week? That is going to sting a little bit, even if it makes sense overall.

I'm keeping an eye on the KS forum waiting for it to blow up if people start getting their stuff.

I just have to think that it would be a huge glitch if that many people are getting the notification.  Especially if it is showing the route updates.

• Like 8

Just now, Dan Goodchild said:

Commence the F5-ing of UPS!

There are a plethora of auto-refresh plugins out there .. save the wear and tear on your poor F5 key :)

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I finally broke down and bought them in pewter last month to help hit the $40 mark and get the efreeti miniature.

I imagine my three cats would never collect in the box all at once, but it'll definitely draw some of them over the course of time.

Its no sin to be to be envious..... Oh wait Envy is a sin.....

I understand I just want my Bones and I want them now. If that is greedy so what... its not like greed is a sin!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Monkeywizard said:

Yet another reason to be envious of Canadians...

It is exceedingly rare for Canada to get something before the US (or anyone else), so it is indeed a time to celebrate or be really really jealous.

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Supposedly, it's the internet "standard" according to people ages ago, but....  Writing it that way just doesn't feel right, especially since many (at least where I am) are brought up saying it as April 2nd, so some will just write 4/2 and then forget that, uhm, which is which is you just write 4/2/2019 - is it April 2nd,or Feb 4th?  Hence why I "cheat", and put the three digit equivalent of the month in there, so it doesn't matter how it gets written month and year just make sense, as I never shorten the year to two digits. 

But I also prefer 24 hour clock, as that also doesn't cause confusion between whether it's 08:00 or 20:00 being mentioned - it's just not something most people are used to, and many look at me weird when I always ask for am or pm when a time is given, even if they're implying regular business hours. 

In French, we normally say day-month-year, and use the full 24 hour clock (i.e 20 o'clock is 8pm, the Goblin-math hour). So written down numerically, and then having native English speakers around, there is that zone of confusion.

Personally, I always write down year-month-day whenever possible. Starting with the year, it's easier to deduce that the next number will be the month.

41 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

It was not this fast for Bones 3, so I don't really know what is going on.  I would have guessed it was a glitch but now I'm not sure.  We'll find out soon!

Having a distributor *within* Canada is a major improvement. Though I never expected this much of an improvement over regular Reaper orders.

16 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Over on Facebook ReaperRon had posted a reply yesterday that the Eastern Canadians truck had left Friday and that the Western Canadians truck would be leaving today.

This all still seems extremely fast to me but I guess we’ll see.

Soooo, magic? I'm going with magic. Dark magic! Much bacon (and an F5 keyboard refresh key) was sacrificed.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I'm keeping an eye on the KS forum waiting for it to blow up if people start getting their stuff.

I just have to think that it would be a huge glitch if that many people are getting the notification.  Especially if it is showing the route updates.

I normally don't like UPS for international but it seems like they've got their act together this time around.

2 minutes ago, eldamir said:

There are a plethora of auto-refresh plugins out there .. save the wear and tear on your poor F5 key :)

It's just… not the same. :unsure:

F5_Sophie-800.jpg

Edited by Dan Goodchild
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Day/month/year makes sense, doubly so if you go with alphabetical months (so 2 Apr 2019 for example)...  At least to me. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

Supposedly, it's the internet "standard" according to people ages ago, but....  Writing it that way just doesn't feel right, especially since many (at least where I am) are brought up saying it as April 2nd, so some will just write 4/2 and then forget that, uhm, which is which is you just write 4/2/2019 - is it April 2nd,or Feb 4th?  Hence why I "cheat", and put the three digit equivalent of the month in there, so it doesn't matter how it gets written month and year just make sense, as I never shorten the year to two digits. 

But I also prefer 24 hour clock, as that also doesn't cause confusion between whether it's 08:00 or 20:00 being mentioned - it's just not something most people are used to, and many look at me weird when I always ask for am or pm when a time is given, even if they're implying regular business hours. 

For digital purposes (i.e. when making backup files, or dates in files for work, etc.), I always use yyyymmdd ( i.e. 20190402).. for writing, I tend to fall back to the military way of 4 APR 2019, which gets odd looks now that I've been in the civilian world long enough to not have many daily acquaintances with military experience..

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Dan Goodchild said:

You dont get the satisfying "CLICK"
F5_Sophie-800.jpg.23d017df58f200dba7d5411a3f7bebe7.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dan Goodchild said:
4 minutes ago, eldamir said:

Aye .. even with my auto-refresh extension, I find myself mashing the reload key/button on occasion :lol:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Oh I really hope they are able to get the new warehouse set up fast.  Although I bet they only have a couple/few guys working on it and they may only do a few hours each day before assuming their normal responsibilities.  

• Like 8

1 minute ago, NomadZeke said:

You dont get the satisfying "CLICK"
F5_Sophie-800.jpg.23d017df58f200dba7d5411a3f7bebe7.jpg

I need to get a mechanical keyboard again .. the click on non-mechanicals just isn't as satisfying 

Just now, NecroMancer said:

Oh I really hope they are able to get the new warehouse set up fast.  Although I bet they only have a couple/few guys working on it and they may only do a few hours each day before assuming their normal responsibilities.  

In the last video update, they mentioned that they'd have everyone from the 'regular' fulfillment group working KS activities all morning, then back to their regular jobs in the afternoons so as to not disrupt regular operations as heavily as they did in the past.. I think they also said something like 4 days of downtime for the transition across the street?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, eldamir said:

I need to get a mechanical keyboard again .. the click on non-mechanicals just isn't as satisfying 

Need to get a backlit red keyboard then. To match the Reaper logo ^_^

I'm still hoping we'll get a fulfilling process livestream at somepoint. If they think we won't watch it, they drastically under estimate us lol

• Like 11