ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

2 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:
11 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Don't forget the regularly real maple syrup. Major perk. 

you know we have that here too right? the whole northeast produces maple syrup.

Ssssh! Don't /tell them that/! You'll blow the whole op, and then they'll swipe the whole top row- wait. I live in the top row. Nevermind. I could do with some universal health care.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Oh, great. Now we're going to have Big-Endian vs. Little-Endian debates here.

My preference and the ISO standard. I normally include the date in ISO order as the first part of a file name, which means things sort by date trivially.

But the whole "controversy" comes from people assuming that everyone has the same needs for date formatting. (See also every other measurement standard "controversy".)

I assert that understandability is the most important thing, which means that you should use the standard of the people around you. Note that "around you" is used here in a communication rather than physical proximity sense.

In the US, I can use "2 April", "April 2nd", or 4/2 with no noticeable loss of understandability. In Europe, I can use "2 April", "April 2nd", or 2/4. You'll note that in each case I'm not mentioning the year, since for many purposes (probably most purposes), you don't need that information. And if you don't need the year, there's no obvious advantage to either order. I could also use the Julian date in either place with equal facility, but it's poorly understood in almost all contexts, so usually a bad choice.

The problems only arise when you leave out the month name and use a number instead.

Dates only become Middle-Endian when you add a year at the back in the US or the front in Europe. And in that case, following the local standard is more useful than following some arbitrary order that is "more logical".

1 hour ago, eldamir said:

For digital purposes (i.e. when making backup files, or dates in files for work, etc.), I always use yyyymmdd ( i.e. 20190402).. for writing, I tend to fall back to the military way of 4 APR 2019, which gets odd looks now that I've been in the civilian world long enough to not have many daily acquaintances with military experience..

Yup, that's basically how I write dates and save files is by military standards 02 APR 19 or 02feb19worshipsunpm.xls (I do media at our church ::D:), and I tell time the same way, drives everyone I know crazy (But it makes more sense, no way to get confused)

1 hour ago, NomadZeke said:

Need to get a backlit red keyboard then. To match the Reaper logo ^_^

I'm still hoping we'll get a fulfilling process livestream at somepoint. If they think we won't watch it, they drastically under estimate us lol

My alienware has the cool color keyboard that can be changed almost on the fly, and can change for some games (like world of tanks)

33 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Postage scale. Wire. Beaker. Really all that is needed to measure the density difference :poke: 

Hmm. I can see if we have a usable scale in the lab. 

No,no,no, like I said before a turtle, a weedwacker and 12 cans of spray cheese:)

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

you know we have that here too right? the whole northeast produces maple syrup.

I have a cousin up in Vermont. I'm well aware that some parts of the US have great maple syrup. On average? You have to specify real syrup, and often it isn't an option. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Shadowphaze said:

Some images up posted in the FB Reaper group.

So much Bones goodness... 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Shadowphaze said:

Some images up posted in the FB Reaper group.

Ooh… Ahh…

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Just now, Shadowphaze said:

I'm excited.  Even though I'm in the US and have to wait 6 more days.

Estimated before shipping, add 2 for arrival.

• Like 6

Someone posted on the KS comments that they have received their package in Toronto

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

Teleporters...stargates...tomato tomato...that's the only way it's going so fast ::P:

Secret beaver, gopher, and moose army asked the deer for help... That's why.  Uhm, was supposed to be purple. 

2 hours ago, Dan Goodchild said:

Commence the F5-ing of UPS!

Tonight on the 6 o'clock news, UPS Canada iss till down due to unknown reasons... 

2 hours ago, amuller33 said:

Its no sin to be to be envious..... Oh wait Envy is a sin.....

I understand I just want my Bones and I want them now. If that is greedy so what... its not like greed is a sin!

Envy is awesome.  Envy is the best sin. 

Wait, are we talking about Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood? 

2 hours ago, eldamir said:

For digital purposes (i.e. when making backup files, or dates in files for work, etc.), I always use yyyymmdd ( i.e. 20190402).. for writing, I tend to fall back to the military way of 4 APR 2019, which gets odd looks now that I've been in the civilian world long enough to not have many daily acquaintances with military experience..

I should try that formatting, would make my folders easier to navigate... 

And eh, plenty in the civilian world use it - they're just in the aviation field... 

1 hour ago, NomadZeke said:

You dont get the satisfying "CLICK"
F5_Sophie-800.jpg.23d017df58f200dba7d5411a3f7bebe7.jpg

Mmm, mechanical keyboards. Linear switches need not apply. :p

• Like 9

2 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I'm keeping an eye on the KS forum waiting for it to blow up if people start getting their stuff.

I expect there will be some outrage in various places about Canadians being the first to see their stuff...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, kristof65 said:

I expect there will be some outrage in various places about Canadians being the first to see their stuff... 

We're sorry...  :wub:

• Like 6
  • Haha 12