ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Put me down as someone else who sees the waves as useful. Even if they don't end up being a week apiece, it provides a reward for early support (which builds enthusiasm for the kickstarter) and it's a great way of managing expectations and tracking how far along in the shipping process Reaper is.

• Like 12

I like the waves. Even though the difference between  waves 1 and 2 may only be 1 day or 2, the difference between  1 and 13 looks like it's gonna be 7 weeks. The wave system makes it feel more fair who gets the earlier vs the later shipments.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Amelor said:

reaper.thumb.jpg.ce99b27490f72f1936765791d00e77c6.jpgwell got my package its pretty dented but every thing seems fine or can be fixed at least

Was something trying to chew it's way into the box.....or out of it! :blink:

• Like 8
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1

I think the waves will be useful especially if they continue with the 1/2 day KS and 1/2 day regular work.  This will push out the total delivery time so that those who were early are rewarded.  If it was just like Bones 3 where they just pushed it out as fast as possible then the I could see how the waves would lose value.  

• Like 8

Just now, Chris Palmer said:

Was something trying to chew it's way into the box.....or out of it! :blink:

well i do have to say they do look a lot more realistic and accurate then the first bones i ever got so who knows lol

i do hope nothing escaped though would be sad not to paint it before it left on its adventure

• Like 6
  • Haha 10

17 hours ago, lexomatic said:

Apparently my package is scheduled for end of day tomorrow delivery? Huh. Wha? I was expecting a few more weeks.

And now the anxiety while I wait for family to fiish dinner and tell me that the package WAS delivered to the door at 5pm like my email said. Currently 2 hours transit away for game night

• Like 6

3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I'll get my order about 72 hours after I next need something from Bones 4 in a game. That's my prediction.

Murphy loves you! I need a few things from Bones 4 for games I have planned "soon". I'm still working on other stuff for those games so not too fussed about waiting a bit. Thinking I'll get my package in about a week and if I can keep painting/building at a decent pace I'll be done what's on hand when the rest shows up.

• Like 10

42 minutes ago, Amelor said:

reaper.thumb.jpg.ce99b27490f72f1936765791d00e77c6.jpgwell got my package its pretty dented but every thing seems fine or can be fixed at least

Put it in boiling water and freeze it. It'll straighten right up!

• Like 4
  • Haha 17
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Amelor said:

Pfft, boxes, we don't need (to keep mini's in) no stinking boxes!

• Like 8

I like the idea of waves, and think they're fine overall. Perhaps in the future they separate out Canada (and perhaps Mexico, Latin America, South America) into different categories to avoid confusion. They may also try to be more specific with what Wave # versus Backer # versus Pledge Order # mean in regards to your order. Separating everything into timely chunks though? I think that's extremely reasonable, and can be used to help manage expectations. 

• Like 7

Quick update... Decided to dig into the Fan Favourites expansion and pull out this lady. The one from the KS is on the left, the bonus mini from an order is on the right. The bonus mini from last month is much darker but otherwise it seems to be the same material, or at least very similar in terms of density and hardness. 

20190402_185245.thumb.jpg.6e452f1e86f00dc3f9b3dce0d1b8d661.jpg

Gonna take some boiling to get the KS one to go together properly... Right now it's got ridiculous gaps. Actually, "going to need boiling" is definitely a theme so far in the minis I've examined...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 8

Since these ones are already assembled and glued, won't boiling them not help with the gaps? We'll have to green-stuff it. 

Also odd that the KS ones aren't as dark. It is already a problem (in my opinion) that Bones "Black" isn't black. It is hard to distinguish from the gray color normal Bones visually. It needs a lot more coloring agent, or a different name, I think. Granted, I'm a fan of the material, but geez does it cause confusion on the forums. Even Sir Cyr is getting mixed up - we saw some Chronoscope Bones in a hobby shop and he went "are these Bones Black?" - no... just colored normal stuff. 

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, lexomatic said:

And now the anxiety while I wait for family to fiish dinner and tell me that the package WAS delivered to the door at 5pm like my email said. Currently 2 hours transit away for game night

Woot. Confirmed!

• Like 12