ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

1 hour ago, Rahz said:

Look what I found in my Reaper box!!

1C109EE8-B79A-4D31-B54F-93D05D903730.thumb.jpeg.518765061bff0680e176f2b48dd82db8.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.7fd6cbd779f1b83df1737499ce492f24.jpg

And the divvying up process has begun...  

DO *NOT* BOIL AND FREEZE!

She's perfect as it is. :poke:

• Like 4
  • Haha 16

41 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i disagree. 

For example, i'm wave 1, locked in as early as i could. But someone in canada who pledged late months after the kickstarter was over still gets their package before i do

if there weren't waves, and it was just done by region, then it doesn't matter. 

But right now it definitely doesn't not feel fair. I don't fault reaper for doing what they did, but it still doesn't make it feel fair when early bird pledge is behind several hundred other pledges, some of which came after the KS ended entirely ::P: if they actually did ship everything by wave, then i'd agree with you.

I'd say that Canada should have been separate, like the EU and AUS pledge groups. But otherwise, everything is gonna be by wave and I know that international shipping is usually incredibly slow. So as someone who managed to claim a wave 1 pledge myself, and locked I'm day 2 pledge manager, this still seems fair to me.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

Anyway, I hope not everything needs the boiling treatment, I have not had much success with it... Does it look like the Barge will need much?

Edit. Rahz, your daughter is insanely cute. I remember my kids being that age. My Daughter is 18 and will be going to college next year (I guess its this year since the school year is not much longer), My son is 17 and has one more year in house before he goes off too.

Thank you.  When she's not yelling at my wife, she's adorable.  She's 7, but the mother-daughter battles have begun already. 

I have done a test fit of most of the barge and am very pleased with it thus far.  It comes in a lot more pieces than I expected, but the ghost crew are very cool and the shaped tongue/grove system they use makes it pretty fool-proof to assemble.  The hand railing along the back "could" do with a little hot water, but as I wouldn't expect them to be perfect on that boat, they look fine, and again, with the way they 3 pieces slot together, with a bit of glue, they should be fine. 

I haven't looked at the fighting dragons yet... that one worries me a little based on previous Bones pieces. 

4 minutes ago, Kroas said:

Bright side, as someone who prefers to paint before assembly because of angles, awesome. Downside.....making sure all the pieces are there and their condition will require aspirin. Up side, the color will make the job far easier to do. Downside, I triple check....

Each mini is in it's own baggie, even the ones that are assembled, so unless you mix things up, it should be pretty easy to keep things together. d

• Like 10

Oof. That seems like a sad use of plastic. Don't need the turtle-killers! They aren't reusable ziplocks, I assume. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

I would agree with this but, its a US based company with the majority of its backers in the US. Also the Wave system did make it seem like "Wave one! yeahI I will get my stuff amongst the first of anyone!" but the reality is Wave one means you get your stuff the first of the last ones served, Not a deal breaker, but it does seem like last priority for sure. Thisdoes not feel like what was advertised, and as you say, is a change on how the previous kickstarters were run. Had this been the intention and was advertised as such then I may not feel as I do...

agreed. Again, i do not fault reaper for the decions they made, but with the current way waves were set up, it is what it is

in the future i hope to see waves done away with and just go by region, then who cares. Do it by region and by when you lock in on the pledge manager, but do not do it by saying 'wave x ships first' and then not ship it first

yes, they might be toys. Yes, i'm going to patiently wait my turn. But that doesn't mean i can't compare the issue to previous kickstarters and hope for a better system in the future too.

also sad to hear so many are disassembled. That's going to really slow down when i'll get around to painting them, i hate glueing tiny arms and tiny heads onto bodies, it's one reason i don't purchase the kit minis from other places that have small humanoids with separate limbs and heads

• Like 4

For the good news:

I received my order today and everything looks great.

Bad news:

I only received 1 pack of dungeon tiles, containing one of each type. They are also unpainted. For some reason, based on the image, I assumed they'd come pre-painted. Was I mistaken?

I've attached a picture of the pack as well.

Pic 1 tiles.jpg

pic 2 tiles.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Raakam said:

They are also unpainted. For some reason, based on the image, I assumed they'd come pre-painted. Was I mistaken?

Yeah, nothing in the kickstarter comes painted. So unpainted is how the tiles should come.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Oof. That seems like a sad use of plastic. Don't need the turtle-killers! They aren't reusable ziplocks, I assume.  

The ones in the expansions are ziplocks, the ones in the main box and the for the larger kits are not. 

• Like 6

Glad that our northern neighbors are getting their goodies. Now if only the US orders weren't getting half-elfed over at least the next month, assuming the Unholy Trinity container doesn't disrupt that, we could all have our beautiful toys.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Rahz said:

First is an injection point on the fish from Dreadmere.  Normal bones.  Mold lines are pretty prominent on him, but nothing out of the ordinary. 

F69621EB-B4A5-45A4-9925-6FB341AD8307.thumb.jpeg.e00c40f45ddf5e7139496b5acdf45974.jpeg

Issues or not, I'm ready to get my giant, killer catfish. It was the main selling point for the Dreadmere Expansion for me. Now, to decide which species to base it on...

• Like 9

4 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I had Barney and Bananas in Pajamas.

Hey, Bananas in Pyjamas was kinda cool!  My son watched it when he was little!  ::P:

Barney was obnoxious, though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Raakam said:

For the good news:

I received my order today and everything looks great.

Bad news:

I only received 1 pack of dungeon tiles, containing one of each type. They are also unpainted. For some reason, based on the image, I assumed they'd come pre-painted. Was I mistaken?

I've attached a picture of the pack as well.

Pic 1 tiles.jpg

pic 2 tiles.jpg

They were supposed to come unpainted but there should be 40 tiles, 10 of each kind. From update 68.

• Like 6

The injection mark on the carp could become a magic rune. BOOM. Magic carp. Hah! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 12

4 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

The injection mark on the carp could become a magic rune. BOOM. Magic carp. Hah! 

Get a couple and they could be branded cattle carp...

• Like 2
  • Haha 9